News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

Fuel lines & vacuum lines for 84 fj 1100

Started by Ham, October 22, 2011, 07:44:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ham

Ive had my 84 FJ 1100 a week now. Fuel, Vac lines missing, cleaned up carbs, plumbed up a lawnmower fuel tank and got the old girl running
Need some info on running ,fuel, vac lines to FJ fuel tank for Australian Rego. The Fj has been has been parked up for 20 yrs in a shed in Maitland,
NSW, Australia, and is in great condition I will send some pics.

mr blackstock

This is a pic of how the fuel lines are supposed to go, a sticker on top of the air box displays the same(on mine)

The arrangement of the fuel lines I found to be frustrating when removing the tank, so I rigged up my own arrangement with all new rubber and a brass an alloy fitting.

Same again from a different angle

A vacuum line comes from carb 01 inlet rubber to a black box near the battery, a vacuum line comes from carb 02 inlet rubber to the petrol tank petcock.  Carbs 03 and 04 have caps on the vacuum outlets.

Hope it helps,

cheers, Gareth
Squeaky wheels always get the grease...

Yamaha FJ1100 1985

Ham

Thanks for the info/pics Gareth,I ftted up the tank today and it was a hard task.
I had some Ts but to small dia for the 10 mm id hose, i will find the correct T
at work this week and do your mod.
                                             Thanks Graham

FJTillDeath

I would also like to say thanks Gareth. I haven't had any problems(well any that I can tell), but I now see my routing is completely wrong.

My sticker was faded somewhat but now I know why the carbs have that little black thing that holds the pipe on the number 2 carb.

My pipe was just free.
Life behind bars - is actually quite thrilling

oldktmdude

Quote from: FJt!llD3@th on November 04, 2011, 03:08:39 AM
I would also like to say thanks Gareth. I haven't had any problems(well any that I can tell), but I now see my routing is completely wrong.

My sticker was faded somewhat but now I know why the carbs have that little black thing that holds the pipe on the number 2 carb.

My pipe was just free.
The black thing that holds the pipe goes on number 3 carb.  Pete.
1985 FJ1100 x2 (1 sold)
2009 TDM 900
1980 Kawasaki Z1R Mk11 (sold and still regretting it)
1979 Kawasaki Z650 (sold)
1985 Suzuki GSXR 400 x2 (next project)
2001 KTM 520 exc (sold)
2004 GasGas Ec300
1981 Honda CB 900 F (sold)
1989 Kawasaki GPX 600 Adventure

FJTillDeath

Life behind bars - is actually quite thrilling