News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

Ridin' the Hog

Started by mz_rider, October 25, 2011, 04:37:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mz_rider

I'm just back from a week in the sun to Fuerteventura in the Canary Islands (Spanish islands off the West African coast). Just round the corner from our villa was a shop renting Harley Davidsons. I'd never ridden a Harley nor had much wish to do so. But with them so close by I had to treat myself. I got a Super Glide and went for a day's tour round the island. The roads were superb. Well surfaced with lots of sweeping curves (not necessarily a good thing on a Harley!) and great scenery. The Harley was fun to ride but a crude old thing and the lack of ground clearance was scary.

Me and the Hog. Note the Yamaha Tee shirt & trousers tucked into socks. I look silly but not a silly as dropping the thing if I got caught on the pegs.

From the island's highest point.

Nice beaches too

Stuart
(more and bigger pics in blog)

Mike 86 in San Dimas

Hey sometimes a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do. Cool pics, nice shirt.....dunno about the socks :sarcastic:
Mike

oldktmdude

Quote from: Mike 86 in San Dimas on October 26, 2011, 09:54:22 PM
Hey sometimes a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do. Cool pics, nice shirt.....dunno about the socks :sarcastic:
Mike
But you should never be seen doing it. Burn the negatives! lol    :diablo:
1985 FJ1100 x2 (1 sold)
2009 TDM 900
1980 Kawasaki Z1R Mk11 (sold and still regretting it)
1979 Kawasaki Z650 (sold)
1985 Suzuki GSXR 400 x2 (next project)
2001 KTM 520 exc (sold)
2004 GasGas Ec300
1981 Honda CB 900 F (sold)
1989 Kawasaki GPX 600 Adventure

rktmanfj

Did you raid Rock's closet for those socks?    :bomb:

mz_rider

Quote from: rktmanfj on October 26, 2011, 11:07:39 PM

Did you raid Rock's closet for those socks?    :bomb:

Guilty as charged on the socks. For some reason I kept getting my trouser legs caught on the pegs and it was better than risking dumping the thing on the deck.

Stuart

racerman_27410

Quote from: mz_rider on October 27, 2011, 04:55:22 AM

Guilty as charged on the socks. For some reason I kept getting my trouser legs caught on the pegs and it was better than risking dumping the thing on the deck.

Stuart

I'm with you Stuart,  I would much rather look silly riding down the road than be on the ground hollering for someone to come and get that big bitch off my leg.   at least no one knows who you are when you just ride by looking silly..... they will know everything about you,your Mom, your 3rd cousin.... whatever it takes to get that HOG off you so you can stand up.  LMAO!

CHow and KOokaloo friend!

tmkaos

Hogs, Scooters and fat chicks - fun to ride until your mates catch you -then all hell breaks loose  :rofl:
'92 FJ1200 - '07 to present
'83 VF750S Sabre - '04 - '07
'87 VT250FG - '94 - '98