News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

Fuel gauge

Started by Imkruzen, June 16, 2009, 09:11:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shaun

All good info, as I was just out for a ride yesterday. Now some was "over the hump" to Port Alberni. Nice mountain road lots of curves, a lake to ride by and mountains to ride through (92km from home to Tim Horton's), sometimes a gathering of cars, drats. From Port Alberni back "over the hump" and up to Comox on the Inland Highway. Now I filled up at the beginning of the ride 18.5L and had to fill up again in Comox before I could get home. The distance was 216 Km and it was 18.6L to fill it again. I'm still thinking that even though there was a stretch of, I dunno 60KM at about 130Km/h it and two mountain passes that it shouldn't drink that much. What I have noticed is that it always smells rich, warm or cold. Plugs are new and the old ones checked out reasonable, with a fine white speckling on them ( I don't know the age of old plugs, bike is new to me). Bike has a K&N filter and some slip on cans. When I got home from my ride I noticed a fair bit of black soot build up in the pipes, not something I expected as I did run it fairly quick for about 80 km @ anywhere from 140-160km/h. Also when starting the bike the choke works fine for the first 30s-1 min then the rpm drops of and almost stalls, have to give it a couple of blips to get it cleared. In this time the motor is still cold if you put the choke away too soon the bike will stall. Other than that I've had no real problems, 90 3CV soon to be reworked for the coming spring, I think it is carb rework time.