News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Clutch

Started by Deadly166, November 22, 2011, 05:50:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deadly166

Hi FJers,everyone talks about clutch slippage ,but what about changing gear and releasing the clutch only to find clutch has not reengaged.Removed side cover to find clutch plates all still separated. Removed plates and place them back in,still stayed separated.Removed again and spray some inox plus lubrication in the push rod sleeve and work push rod back and forth. Put it back together and all good again (works like it should ) :wacko3: Any advice on what might be the cause of clutch not reengaging much appreciated.

simi_ed

I'd suspect either clutch master cylinder (most likely) or slave cylinder (less likely).  If you have not recently worked on the master, then I'd get a slave cylinder rebuild kit from Randy & have at it.  If you worked on the master, then it's time to go back over your work.
-- RKBA Regards,

Ed
===
Ed Thiele 
Simi Valley, CA -- I no longer have SoCal manners.
'89 FJ12C (Theft deterrent Silver/White)

- All that is necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for
enough good men to do nothing.

- Edmund Burke

andyb

Bent clutch pushrod, heavily grooved basket or hub, and/or as above.  In the master, it could be a plugged return hole, in the slave, a cockeyed piston.

Should be easy enough to figure out if you start taking things apart and looking closely.

racerrad8

Clutch spring went over center.

Chain lube build up on clutch push rod causing it to get stuck in seal/case.

There is no more fibre on the frictions

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

Deadly166

I should have told you all that this engine is not in a motorcycle.It is in a offroad cart which i have fitted a foot master cylinder up to the slave and i had taking the slave cylinder off and also pulled the push rod out.Then take the clutch cover off and the plates were still disengaged.Thanks for these replies.Darrel M. :biggrin:

racerrad8

Then the master cylinder has pushed the clutch spring to far and caused it to spring overcenter. This happens in our race cars when the clutch master cylinder is not adjusted correctly at the stop or the adjustment nut comes loose and allows it to stroke to far.

If you master cylinder does not have a stop then you need to add one to prevent this.

Email sent as well.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM