News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

2012 North East FJ rally

Started by Travis398, December 15, 2011, 03:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A11an0n

Hey CanDman,

In case you didn't know this is the rally campground site at 800 West Bethel Road ...

http://www.pleasantrivercampground.com/

This is the closest motel at 764 West Bethel Road...

http://www.pleasantrivermotel.net/

BTW, where is your home base in Ontario?

1986 FJ1200
2007 Yamaha WR250F

weymouth399

If any of you guy's want, you can ship the big/heavy things to my house so you don't need to carry as much. I can bring it in the trailer. Pack light ride hard. :shok:

Bob W
84 FJ 1100
86 FJ1200
89 FJ1200
5  FJ POWERED race cars
76 LB80 Chappy
93 KX500 ice for sale
00 KX500 ice/dirt
04 KDX220 dirt for sale
04 KX500 ice
08 KLX450 ice/road
72 CT90x2 for sale

paulfj03

Hey!  :good2: Maybe the posse heading south will be bigger this year!  :drinks:

Quote from: A11an0n on February 11, 2012, 01:37:06 AM
Well I'm working till 8pm on Thursday so I can't leave till Friday AM.  I like to travel light too,  I bring a good size tank bag and get Bob & Paul to carry the rest in their givi bags... :lol:

I won't be off work until Thursday 5-6pm as well....

Yep... I think I will be travelling lighter too. I took too much last year.... I ended up losing a screw out of my wingrack!!!.... if someone would have told me I had a screw loose there wouldn't have been a problem!!! :biggrin:

Quote from: weymouth399 on February 11, 2012, 07:39:42 AM
If any of you guy's want, you can ship the big/heavy things to my house so you don't need to carry as much. I can bring it in the trailer. Pack light ride hard. :shok:

Bob W

Thanks for the offer Bob! :good2:

CanDman

Did someone say posse  (popcorn).......... I love the sound of that....Bob what an incredibly kind gesture........if I had more to bring, I would graciously accept your offer.......but I am only bringing a small gym bag.........filled with some marshmellows, Scotch Wiskey, and some real maple syrup.....I was thinking of treating the group to some pancakes and it would be sacreligious to cover them with anything but syrup which hails from the land of the Maple Leaf...........heck, I may bring a couple of Kilos of some Canadian back bacon too.........how's that sound???  :nyam1:
Kev
PS.......I think it would be good on the part of all of us "True North" to show our gracious hosts in the "Land of the Free" what classy guests we are and bring a token gesture of good will.......of course something uniquely Canadian....... :good2:
Never regret your choices in life ! There is no way to go back to do it again and compare. Make the most and do your best with every decision you make

CanDman

Quote from: A11an0n on February 11, 2012, 02:58:41 AM
Hey CanDman,

In case you didn't know this is the rally campground site at 800 West Bethel Road ...

http://www.pleasantrivercampground.com/

This is the closest motel at 764 West Bethel Road...

http://www.pleasantrivermotel.net/

BTW, where is your home base in Ontario?

Hehh A1......are you a Jethro Tull fan? I am.... A1 was an album in the early 80's also found in the song "Too old to rock n roll and too young to die".....thanks for the links....might just check in to the motel...sounds perfect........my home base is North Toronto...and yourself?
Never regret your choices in life ! There is no way to go back to do it again and compare. Make the most and do your best with every decision you make

A11an0n

CanDman,

I am a fan of Jethro Tull but that is not where my name comes from... I'm in Kingston, if you want to ride down with us the Friday it will go like this...

You would hook up with Bob in Whitby on Thursday evening and drive to Kingston and stay the night at my place, Paul will also meet up with us Thursday night at my place.  From there the 4 of us would leave Kingston early in the AM for Maine, probably be picking up a couple more FJs state side on the way.  It will be a 10  hour ride from Kingston.

If you want to hold off till Friday and ride with us you are more than welcome to join the group.
1986 FJ1200
2007 Yamaha WR250F

CanDman

Quote from: A11an0n on February 11, 2012, 01:42:53 PM
CanDman,

I am a fan of Jethro Tull but that is not where my name comes from... I'm in Kingston, if you want to ride down with us the Friday it will go like this...

You would hook up with Bob in Whitby on Thursday evening and drive to Kingston and stay the night at my place, Paul will also meet up with us Thursday night at my place.  From there the 4 of us would leave Kingston early in the AM for Maine, probably be picking up a couple more FJs state side on the way.  It will be a 10  hour ride from Kingston.

If you want to hold off till Friday and ride with us you are more than welcome to join the group.
That sounds perfect and most gracious of you...thx......... This will be my first rally and I am rather excited about it. May I know your real name?
Kev

Travis398

FYI, it is only about $10 a night to camp on the group site.

When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Bob

Quote from: CanDman on February 11, 2012, 02:55:21 PM
...May I know your real name?
Kev
Oh dear... you do like to live dangerously, don't you  :shok:

Let me know when you would be passing through Whitby. It's a two hour ride from here to Dan's place, so I'd prefer be on the road by 7ish.

Bob
Bob N.
'93 FJ
'17 V-Strom DL650
Whitby, ON

CanDman

Quote from: Bob on February 14, 2012, 06:04:06 AM
Quote from: CanDman on February 11, 2012, 02:55:21 PM
...May I know your real name?
Kev
Oh dear... you do like to live dangerously, don't you  :shok:

Let me know when you would be passing through Whitby. It's a two hour ride from here to Dan's place, so I'd prefer be on the road by 7ish.

Bob

I am not sure if everyone's on the same page.. :scratch_one-s_head:.......I think Dan mentioned being at his house some time on Thursday pm........with Paul....and we would spend the night there and then the 4 of us would leave Kingston in the  morning of the friday......If we're at Dan's at 9 am thursday, I am not sure what we can do for the whole day in Kingston....maybe shoot a round of golf?....which I would most cerainly enjoy !!! Although that would sort of clash with the idea of travelling light...lol. We could wait in front of a local watering hole til it opens and spend the day getting pie eyed....  :wacko2:......or....we could sneak into the local country club, hang out at the pool and tap on some bored rich milfy's and tell we like to ride "posse"....take em for a spin... :good:....hmmmm I guess I am not alone.....living dangerously that is......I like your style Bob........can I be Neilix   :blum1:..... :rofl2:

CanDman

Quote from: Travis398 on February 11, 2012, 07:03:39 PM
FYI, it is only about $10 a night to camp on the group site.

Thx for the info Trav......but I really don't want to hall a tent n sleeping bag around on the back....be like having another passenger........... :negative:
Kev

Klavdy

Yeah!
Go to the local pub, get on the piss, pick up chicks, that's the spirit.

"This guy has got to go. The single most offensive individual I have experienced on the web.
MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

i is a professional website designer, I've built over 100's of sites
And yea I actually get paid for it. about 150 and hour.

simi_ed

Sooooooooooo, Mr K, how long have you been out of the hospital, 1-2 days?  Or perhaps you're still IN the hospital.  Either way, you're back on the way to reclaiming your title of "The single most offensive individual I have experienced on the web."
-- RKBA Regards,

Ed
===
Ed Thiele 
Simi Valley, CA -- I no longer have SoCal manners.
'89 FJ12C (Theft deterrent Silver/White)

- All that is necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for
enough good men to do nothing.

- Edmund Burke

CanDman

Quote from: Klavdy on February 14, 2012, 07:58:04 AM
Yeah!
Go to the local pub, get on the piss, pick up chicks, that's the spirit.

I think she heard ya ........!!!!!

Klavdy

Quote from: simi_ed on February 14, 2012, 08:41:15 AM
Sooooooooooo, Mr K, how long have you been out of the hospital, 1-2 days?  Or perhaps you're still IN the hospital.  Either way, you're back on the way to reclaiming your title of "The single most offensive individual I have experienced on the web."
It's my mate ED!
Hullo Ed!
I'm at home matey, it's beaut.
We should go crash that north east rally, I like the lobsters over there, we can rent a Harley each,go to a country club, wear Bermuda shorts and fedoras, hang out in a lounge bar.
See, we can do that as we are men of style and class.
"This guy has got to go. The single most offensive individual I have experienced on the web.
MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

i is a professional website designer, I've built over 100's of sites
And yea I actually get paid for it. about 150 and hour.