News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

2012 North East FJ rally

Started by Travis398, December 15, 2011, 03:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYFJR13

I made it home safe and sound. Once again it was a great weekend of riding,drinking,BS'ing by the fire and good food. It was really nice to meet some new Canadian FJ owners Eh! We had some fresh pavement to ride which was awesome.

RACER111V

I got in at around 11:30 last night.  The fog was brutal on the way home. It was the first time that I was happy there were cars in front of me.

In spite of the occasional showers, the weekend was definitely not a wash out. I'm quite sure everyone that showed up, had a great time.

I'm already looking forward to next years event.

Thanks to everyone for a great time.

paulfj03

We Got across the border by 7pm and had a great ride on the way home. It was sunny and warm........ just right....
I arrived home at 830pm, and Kevin headed on to the big TO.

It was just an AWESOME weekend. Met some new FJers, got together again with the same great bunch of guys, even better riding than last year!  :good:   Bob W and Travis did a great job working the kinks out of Kevin's bike. It was still humming along like it should while heading home.  A big Thankyou to all who helped put together the NESR2012!!!  The whole weekend blew by too fast!!! My odometer rolled 100000kms while I was there...My final tally was 1907kms.... not bad.... :biggrin: I'm interested to see the mileage totals of Nathan, Andrew, and Kevin!!  ...

I have some pictures that I will post into the rally gallery, ASAP.  I also have some video that I can add as well......

Looking forward to 2013!!! :drinks:

Marsh White

Great to hear you guys had such a great time!  I created a category for this rally in the Gallery section to upload your photos to.  I look forward to seeing them!

http://www.fjowners.com/index.php?action=gallery;cat=9

CanDman

All I can say is......God does work in mysterious ways !!!!!!!  :flag_of_truce:.....limped in to the rally late Friday....not quite prepared for losing my rally virginity......aged about 10 years in 10 hours en route...the poor girl died on the side of the road more than once and making it there was one prayer after the other.......Paul was like an old Mexican man.....holding that big carrot in front of the Donkey.......just get her to my place.......just got to get her to Doug's.......just got to get her to the rally........and like the dumb ass that I am.......heehaw.....on we went.......campsite was quiet when we got there...some of the early arrivals were already slamming the pavement.....and some were already into the refreshments....now I always thought I had a big mouth......but along comes this grizzly called Bob with a wey(bigger)mouth....so big and loud was this bruiser that he chased some of the other campers awey

:Bear dubstep

so I'm asking myself.....how the hell am I going to ask this grouchy cub protecting oversized canine for help???  :unknown:..the answer was easy.........send Paul in   :mocking:
turns out.....Paul knew exactly how to approach the situation...and b4 too long....everyone seemed to come together and lend a hand or a voice......by Saturday night.....the pickup coil swap... a thourough carb cleaning and a Star Trek beam me up Scotty Carb sync er.....and Candy was better than new. Was finally able to breathe......and actually take the girl for a whirl.. :yahoo: If it wasn't for Bob being such an asshole....and Trav being such a DICK .....sorry Glen.....Trav was the bigger dick..... :praising:.... my cherry popping would have hurt worse.....and Bob yelling "Take it Candy....TAKE IT GIRL" and slamming her from behind.....and Trav.....gunning to get in front of the other fellas screaming......SUCK MY PIPE !!!!!! :bye2:......you could see these guys had done this many times before......I am wondering if that was why Neal and Bob didn't cum this time.....  :shok:.....but I took that leap of faith...jumped out of that plane and by Gods good humor... landed on my feet.......and traded my parachute for wings....just never thought angels could be so ugly.....
Aside from the hero's this weekend...we were camping...and the one thing I love about camping is the wild life....and there were plenty of animals at this campsite...
Of course I mentioned the bear (Bob)...
There was also the ever watchful Owl (Doug)...watching and observing everything....sitting quietly....a hoo hoo every once in a while but nothing passed his watchful gaze...or his opened throttle....
Then there was the Turtle (Paul)

The Master of Disguise - Turtle Club Scene

....although this year he came without the shell...and gave that rabbit something to think about .....would never had made it without you bro.....
There was the Rabbit(me)....who loved to run.......especially when being chased.....was nice to have the legs to do it.......fellas...my eternal gratitude :hi:
We had a fuzzy little Koala bear(Eric) who loved rain covered road branches for breakfast...and although he was cute and fuzzy...he was one little leaf (behind) eaten smoothy that you just didn't get close to...none of us could anyway....well except for Travis....must have been that pipe of his..... :dance2:
Speaking of which.....we also had a Road Runner(Trav)
Looney Tunes Games COYOTE CHASE
and there was no catching this guy......rocket powered or otherwise...and although he didn't speak alot with his mouth....he did all his talking with his hands......not just with the throttle..but when fixing shit and playing guitar...can't wait to jam laddy
We had the Hawk(Andrew) who loved to fly
There was a SASQUATCH(Glen)......who would have made the Hendersons proud...a quiet lovable giant who only roared when absolutely necessary.......cars or no cars
and lastly.....the Missouri mule(Nathan)...although he was there the shortest.....he rode the longest...and was more than willing to share his Carrot with the right sort......never saw a mule move so fast......hope you had enough gas.....to get her ..DONE !!!! :blum1:
In closing....I want to thank everyone who had a part in an incredibly awesome experience for me.....although we were all men....if you looked closely ...you could see the boy in everyone of us.....simply the greatest thing in life....to face your fears and win....God Bless you my new friends...can't wait to see what next years adventure will be
CanDman

Never regret your choices in life ! There is no way to go back to do it again and compare. Make the most and do your best with every decision you make

Travis398

It kind of looks like we had an FJ only rally.

When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

weymouth399

Yes a all Yamaha FJ rally :good2: It was great to see all my FJ friends again and even better to meet some new ones. The riding was awesome even though I didn't ride sat :bad:. I did get back for :drinks: though.
It was not a wash out at all, little rain sunday here and there not bad. :biggrin:

A big Thanks to Travis for setting up the campground, setting the pace, food, overall hospitality and schmoozing the camp ground owner/s. :good2: :biggrin: couldn't have been easy. :pardon:

Wish I could go to the BBQ now, Kevins a pretty good cook. :shok: :rofl: and to meet some more canucks.
Can d is a good girl took it like a champ, (no, don't, stop), she wanted it honest Kev. :rofl2:

Wish it was a week long, something to strive for I guess.

When I go to Niargra I will contact you guys up there, you know who you are.

Bob W

Thanks again to all that attended. This rally is a big part of my life now, and the reason is all of you that I have meet over the last 3 years. 

84 FJ 1100
86 FJ1200
89 FJ1200
5  FJ POWERED race cars
76 LB80 Chappy
93 KX500 ice for sale
00 KX500 ice/dirt
04 KDX220 dirt for sale
04 KX500 ice
08 KLX450 ice/road
72 CT90x2 for sale

akinc

6 days, 2610 kms ( 1600 miles ), sore body from so many hours in the saddle but that was AWESOME! My faithfull 90 got me home, worn out front brakes, stretched out chain and rear tire down to the wear bars, but with a minor tune up she will be ready for the next adventure.
BIG THANK YOU to all the guys in the fj group for the hospitallity. Learned more about riding in these last few days as i have in the last 5 years. How to ride in the pouring rain and sun and rain and sun, proper suspension set up keeps the bike from launching over the whoops, and also desending 5000 ft straight down by "taching out". Dodging wooden bullets, bump and run with transports, carving the back country like a water skier, all while soaking up the incredible scenery. Hey does anyone have an 1157 bulb I can buy?
"LIVE MUSIC IS BETTER- Bumper stickers should be issued!"

paulfj03

Quote from: akinc on July 31, 2012, 08:22:05 PM...... Dodging wooden bullets, .......

Man,... I wish I had the camera on.... :shok:...

We were heading down #15 to pick up Doug, in about, 10mins,  ....or .....30mins?  ...an hr?.... :crazy:... We were held up by what looked like a fair size cattle truck with no rear gate at all, loaded to the nuts with pieces of wood...... ply wood, 2x4's, 2x6's etc, etc. Everytime the truck hit a bump or a riser, you could see the load bounce freely... and I would think to myself..."wtf am I going to do if any of that slides of the back? "
SO...I was hanging back a little more than usual... when, sure enough, after hitting a riser, a 4-5ft piece of 2x8(?) slid off the back in slow motion... :shok:, hit the pavement on its end and started bouncing and rolling end over end and somersaulting!! I had a 50/50 chance  :shout:...... LEFT or RIGHT? (popcorn)

I went to the left and lucked out :good: then it was Kevins turn..... he deked it out ,no prob... :music:, and Andrew was on the left side, so when it was his turn, he had no prob!!!

We had to follow that truck for another mile or 2 before we could get by it.....

Good Times! :wacko2: :crazy:

I wonder if the backed up traffic, left behind, had to dodge any bullets......

CanDman

I imagine the posts will be flying quite some time.....always forget something............
On behalf of the entire group....a special thanks to Doug...... for having ordered T-shirts for the Rally and giving them away....wouldn't take a penny........ I will look forward to your visit Doug as well as yours Bob..........seems you were right about her.........She did want it !!! I guess your tool is more persuasive then mine........either that or she just has a thing for sweepers....  :mocking:
Andrew...glad you made it home safe and sound...was great to meet you and share the experience.....look forward to seeing you at the BBQ
CanDman
PS............ I enjoyed playing musical trivia pursuit with Triple "B" (Big Bad Bob)..... :ireful:
and this song is for you

The Alan Parsons Project- I Wouldn't Want To Be Like You  

no worries........I know the perfect place in Niagra Falls to spend that $100 bucks..... :crazy:.......you'll love it...... :drinks:..
Never regret your choices in life ! There is no way to go back to do it again and compare. Make the most and do your best with every decision you make

Bob

Quote from: Travis398 on July 31, 2012, 03:47:07 PM
It kind of looks like we had an FJ only rally.

Travis,
All the front wheels are pointing in the same direction... I can't tell which bike is yours.  :smile:
Bob N.
'93 FJ
'17 V-Strom DL650
Whitby, ON

weymouth399

:pardon: And yes A big thanks to Doug for the shirts, they are great. Paul and Eric for pics too, Doug and Paul on there fire starting techniques, Andrew for the Canadian presents that we can actually use. :good: Nathan for driving all the way up here. :yahoo: Glenn for cooking breakfast for all. A total group effort, well done to all.

Bob W
84 FJ 1100
86 FJ1200
89 FJ1200
5  FJ POWERED race cars
76 LB80 Chappy
93 KX500 ice for sale
00 KX500 ice/dirt
04 KDX220 dirt for sale
04 KX500 ice
08 KLX450 ice/road
72 CT90x2 for sale

CanDman

Oh Andrew..b4 I forget.....you have to clip and paiste the PM.........when Paul told you not to wear any underwear.......you see I never got that memo....... :rofl2:.............
Kev

paulfj03

Bob W working his magic :good2: :drinks:

...only 5 more to go , there, Bob... :wacko2:

paulfj03

Quote from: weymouth399 on July 31, 2012, 09:53:58 PM
:pardon: And yes A big thanks to Doug for the shirts, they are great.

Quote from: CanDman on July 31, 2012, 09:39:13 PM

On behalf of the entire group....a special thanks to Doug

+1

Excellent job, Doug. thanks!!!!!