News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

hello FJ people

Started by devilman, January 16, 2012, 10:15:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

devilman

Hiya,
I've got a '92 FJ1200A Jap import that i've derestricted, fitted a Remus system, jacked the back end up and drilled the air box and stuffed a K&N inside. I spend most of the time trying to work out what i want to do to it next and how i'm gonna beg, steal or borrow the money to make the mods.

So, hiya to the guys here and hiya to the guys on here that i know from the UK fj forum.  :drinks:

Mark Olson

welcome  :hi:

mods are very addicting .

upgrade the suspension and wheels and it is a whole new ride.
Mark O.
86 fj1200
sac ca.

" Get off your ass and Ride"

devilman

I would do the wheels but it's the ABS model and i'm not sure if i wanna junk it or not. If i had the cash i'd probs go for an upside down front end and either a JMC rear or a single sider. Luckily i'm poor atm (5 month long 'holiday' in Canada that has stolen all my cash) so all mods are forming up on a wish list. First should be front calipers cos i have one right hand blue spot and need to get myself another one.

racerman_27410

welcome to the group friend!

KOokaloo!

moparman70

you'll love the blue dot mod once done

Derek Young

I agree with Steve.  The blue dot front calipers are the best mod I've done to my fj.
1986 FJ1200 (R.I.P.)
1991 FJ1200
Nanaimo, British Columbia

rktmanfj

Quote from: Derek Young on January 18, 2012, 08:43:01 AM
I agree with Steve.  The blue dot front calipers are the best mod I've done to my fj.

That's what I thought, until I did the 17" rear wheel.      :yes:

craigo

Quote from: rktmanfj on January 18, 2012, 09:10:56 AM

I did both upgrades at pretty much the same time. Both are worthy of gracing anyone's FJ. The 17" added better handling and stability along with better tire selection. The blue spots made the bike stop so much better with really good feel. And I have a 15mm master, not the recommended 14mm.

Do both, you will feel it was time and money well spent.

CraigO
CraigO
90FJ1200

gripit_N_ripit

Quote from: rktmanfj on January 18, 2012, 09:10:56 AM

+1
Curtis

devilman

I most probably will swap brakes and rear wheel, to hell with the ABS it only add's weight and a misplaced sense of safety. I also like the look of the R1 seat unit.....but obviously not the goddamn awful colour

FJ1200 R1

craigo

That is one of the most beautifully modified FJs I have ever seen. But paradoxically, one of the ugliest ones I have ever seen.

Who painted that??? Should be taken out and shot. :lol: :flag_of_truce:

Nice bike,

CraigO
CraigO
90FJ1200

eddohawk

I can just see Ken and Barbie riding into the sunset.......

terryk

moparman70

Me thinks the painter saw that little pink stripe that was on  the 92 and said Hmmmmmm lets make it wider.... and then just could not stop.

But after watching the video -- wow that is sharp -- love the front end -- camera -- very nice.... I wish it was red.

stevecc

oldktmdude

Quote from: moparman70 on January 18, 2012, 03:20:49 PM
Me thinks the painter saw that little pink stripe that was on  the 92 and said Hmmmmmm lets make it wider.... and then just could not stop.

But after watching the video -- wow that is sharp -- love the front end -- camera -- very nice.... I wish it was red.

stevecc

Pink's only a lighter shade of red, isn't it?   :biggrin:  Pete.
1985 FJ1100 x2 (1 sold)
2009 TDM 900
1980 Kawasaki Z1R Mk11 (sold and still regretting it)
1979 Kawasaki Z650 (sold)
1985 Suzuki GSXR 400 x2 (next project)
2001 KTM 520 exc (sold)
2004 GasGas Ec300
1981 Honda CB 900 F (sold)
1989 Kawasaki GPX 600 Adventure