News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Removed Motor

Started by moparman70, January 29, 2012, 03:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparman70

Some better pics -- yes Craig, I wish it was better weather so the long ride will have to wait.  Terry ...sounds good and can't wait to test out with an official ride

FJdave1200

I am right behind you. Looks great :good2:
" All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

Burke

craigo

+1 Steve, she sure is a beauty. Good hard work has brought your 1st love back to life. You feeling a little like Frankenstein?  :lol: No really, great job!!!

Can't wait for the weather to brighten up.

Cya,

CraigO
CraigO
90FJ1200

craigo

Quote from: FJdave1200 on February 12, 2012, 05:17:14 PM
I am right behind you. Looks great :good2:

Dave,

You one of us SoCal types? If so, where you at?

Craig O.

Never mind, I see you are in DEEP SNOW up in Colorado. Best to enjoy the skiing for now...
CraigO
90FJ1200

Mike 86 in San Dimas

Very nice Steve! Next weekend??
Mike

FJdave1200

" All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

Burke

moparman70

Quote from: Mike 86 in San Dimas on February 12, 2012, 05:33:26 PM
Very nice Steve! Next weekend??
Mike

I want too but I will be out of town ..in Laughlin. ( but will be taking an FJ ) Its a Bachelor party.  If plans change I will let you know but I was thinking of doing a San Diego Ride  on Feb 25 if you are interested... We can get Craig and Terry .... 4 red and whites to 1 bluegray.

stevecc

craigo

Steve,

Just noticed that you still have the OEM rubber brake lines up front. I have a rear SS line if you need one, but I would HIGHLY recommend changing out those front ones.

Let me know about the rear line. IM or email me and I'll send it to you.

CraigO
CraigO
90FJ1200

terryk

Quote from: craigo on February 14, 2012, 08:53:05 AM
Steve,

Just noticed that you still have the OEM rubber brake lines up front. I have a rear SS line if you need one, but I would HIGHLY recommend changing out those front ones.

Let me know about the rear line. IM or email me and I'll send it to you.

CraigO

Craigo is correct, dump the rubber. I just put on Spiegler liunes all around. My front hose cracked wide open and I lost my front brakes 18 miles from home and the far side of Deluz Canyon.

Steve, I will call you and bring the old bike by so you can admire my SS brake line awsomeness.

moparman70

Thanks Craig - you have been PM'd

I do plan on upgraded to braided front lines and some other things on the 86.

We will all have to get together for a ride soon.

terryk

Quote from: moparman70 on February 14, 2012, 11:53:31 AM
Thanks Craig - you have been PM'd

I do plan on upgraded to braided front lines and some other things on the 86.

We will all have to get together for a ride soon.

Just rode home on the braided lines. Wow, substantial change, better feel, better braking.

moparman70

I took the Canadian FJ out yesterday ( did not go to Laughlin) and it ran flawlessly.  Very pleased with the power and it could be just my imagination but this motor pulls better than the 90 and better than what I remember my old motor did in the 86.  It was doing power wheelies ( just the little ones where the front comes up just enough to float the wheel) in by just cracking the throttle in first.  I even felt a little wheel float shifting into second hard so I think I can put the good crankcase covers on...no clutch work at this time needed. 

The run was about 225kms with a top speed of 200kph -- around 125mph -- I can still smell the engine paint every time I shut it down.  It was a cool day yesterday so I doubt the engine has got as toastie as it can.

Today I am spending the time cleaning up the crankcase covers -- yes polish.  The last step to make it look normal.

stevecc

paulfj03

Quote from: moparman70 on February 12, 2012, 05:07:06 PM
Some better pics -- yes Craig, I wish it was better weather so the long ride will have to wait.  Terry ...sounds good and can't wait to test out with an official ride

Nice work Steve!!!!!!

moparman70

Paul, thanks and I see you are from Ontario as well.... this is where my 86 grew up til I moved here in 92.  My 86 has seen a lot of Ontario... PA .. Blue Ridge.. Upper New York... Montreal

And of course the regular runs to Niagara Falls...

stevec

paulfj03

Quote from: moparman70 on February 19, 2012, 07:54:53 PM
Paul, thanks and I see you are from Ontario as well.... this is where my 86 grew up til I moved here in 92.  My 86 has seen a lot of Ontario... PA .. Blue Ridge.. Upper New York... Montreal

And of course the regular runs to Niagara Falls...

stevec

Hey,  :hi: You've been up in the Great White North... :drinks:  I'm in the Napanee area and there is not alot of 'white' around this year!  This is the first winter I did some late xmas shopping on the FJ! There are still lots of decent riding days, too.

Are you the original owner of that 86?  Looks like you didnt let it sit around...... Good on ya for keeping it alive and ready!