News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

You from Wisconsin der, 'eh?

Started by GoofyLeo3, February 24, 2012, 03:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoofyLeo3

:bye2:Greetings from up 'nort. Been riding since before I was legal. Still have my 1st motorcycle ('81 Yamaha 400 Special II  9999.7mi). Have 9 bikes (4 Yamaha's, 3 Honda's, 2 Suzuki's) spanning the spectrum of of styles with the FJ being the last addition (only thing missing from my stable was a bike capable of warp speed). Working thru some issues on it right now :dash2: (it's the way I bought it)  with a lotta help from this forum.  :yes:
Retired @ 40. :good2:
If you don't have the bod for full leathers, PLEASE don't wear them.....I just had Lasik. :p

rktmanfj

GoofyLeo3

'Tanks! Suppose I should add some details...
It's a 1989 1200 model, dark blue, in really good shape....except someone knocked it on it's right side @ my brothers apartment complex when he owned it, and he didn't notice it for about a week because he parks it in their storage lot, next to his boat. (need a R side mirror, now) He moved and didn't want to bring three bikes to his new place, so I bought it from him (along with his first 3 motorcycles).  Bike wouldn't start, and the relay & pump didn't seem to be doing their job. Cleaned out the carbs with cleaner & compressed air and even used dye penetrant to check those teeny-tiny jets. So then the bike starts, but won't run under 3-4K. Thinking I still have crap in there that I can work thru, I hotwire the fuel pump and go for a test ride that lasts 3 miles and ends with a gas/oil mix spewing out of the crankcase. That was when I threw in the towel last year, put it in the basement and threw a sheet over it. :ireful:
Now, I'm back into it. :dash2:
Replacement '00 YZF600 fuel pump is on it's way because mine overheated, is now seized, and probably shorted out. (thanks, forum)
Still looking for a replacement pump relay and replacement (R) mirror, or go with '04 CBR1000R mirrors. (thanks, forum)
I suppose I'm chasing down problems resulting from it laying on it's side......
Oh well, I ain't bik'in in the snow, so back to the basement I go.
If you don't have the bod for full leathers, PLEASE don't wear them.....I just had Lasik. :p

racerman_27410

welcome to the group Leo!

KOokaoloo!