News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

Gooday from sunny Queensland

Started by waricle, July 19, 2009, 07:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

waricle

I joined this forum on my acquisition  1998 FJ1200.
I am retired 60- and have taken this on as a project to restore and if needed, modify the bike for my needs.
Having survived bikes in my teens and twenties (Bridgestone 350 and Bultaco Metralla) I never expected to have another bike in my lifetime.
The bike in question hadn't been started for eighteen months but was kept in good condition up until that time.
It has some bark off both side due to some minor falls but luckily has crash bars which protected the crankcase from damage.
I will look forward to sharing anecdotes of FJ restoration and riding.
I've often been asked, 'What do you old folks do now that you're retired'?

"Well. I'm fortunate to have a chemical engineering background, and one of the things I enjoy most is turning beer, wine, Scotch, and margaritas into urine."

Arnie

G'day Warry,

Welcome to the madness. :-)

There are a few FJ'ers up in Qld and you'll probably be getting some replys from them shortly.
Any help you might need, ask away and I'm sure you'll get some answers.  Some will even be right :-)  BTW I think you're FJ is a '88? cause they stopped making FJ's in '93 but sold and titled some up to '95.  no 98s.

FYI - I started my motorcycling life on a Bultaco Metralla II also.  Someday we can compare war stories about it.

Cheers,
Arnie  (in VIC)

waricle

Gooday Arnie
Make that 1988!!
I hope to hear from locals, that's for sure.
In all the web searches I have done there isn't a seriously negative review to be found on the FJ 1200- remarkable.
I am sure that they will probably have their idiosyncrasies and I will look forward to hearing of them from members of the forum.

"Well. I'm fortunate to have a chemical engineering background, and one of the things I enjoy most is turning beer, wine, Scotch, and margaritas into urine."

Klavdy

"This guy has got to go. The single most offensive individual I have experienced on the web.
MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

i is a professional website designer, I've built over 100's of sites
And yea I actually get paid for it. about 150 and hour.

Harvy

Waricle....... yes as Klavdy says, where abouts in QLD mate.,

Harvy
Sunshine Coast
Qld.
FJZ1 1200 - It'll do me just fine.
Timing has much to do with the success of a rain dance.

Klavdy

It's about time there was an FJ  Sunshine Coast  ride eh Harv?
I can bring your Hoodie.
"This guy has got to go. The single most offensive individual I have experienced on the web.

waricle

Gooday Harvey & Klavdy.
Good to meet a couple of Queenslanders.
I am at north Brisbane out Bribie Island way.
The neighbor who helped me unload it off the trailer when I got it home used to own one so is a well of information.
So far I have fixed some fuel leaks, bled the clutch, polished the screen, repaired the broken plastic bits and have them under putty, repainted the bits of the frame and exhaust pipes, repaired the muffler, tightened up lots of loose rattly bits, removed the front wheel ready for painting and polished the forks.
I will be painting it white with red wheels & stripes. I will raise the rear too.

Klavdy

Bribie eh?
Nowhere is very far on an FJ.

The tide has slowly washed the turtles off the beach, there's not as many FJ riders in S.E  Q.L.D as there was just a few brief years ago, but I'm pretty sure that three for the road can be done some time soon.

Harvy

Klavdy, heading past you on 4th Sept on the way down to Melbourne, are you over here or over there then?

Harvy
FJZ1 1200 - It'll do me just fine.
Timing has much to do with the success of a rain dance.

Klavdy

gradice

G'day Waricle,

Graham here, just a little west of you at Kilcoy...

92 FJ1200ABS in bits at the moment!!!! 

Graham in OZ...
92 FJ1200 ABS.

higbonzo

Hello, and Welcome.     :hi:

Later, Phil :bye2: