News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Whatever happened to...

Started by Dan Filetti, March 30, 2012, 06:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan Filetti

Doug/ Carsick?

It's been 4+ months since he last posted.  Not that I'm stalking him...  I just came across an old post of his and it got me thinking.

Anyone heard from/ about him?

Dan
Live hardy, or go home. 

delarbreavous

Funny you asked that, I've been thinking about him lately, he was always on the site and then nothing. I hope he's ok.

Alain
Fluctuat nec mergitur

Steve_in_Florida

`90 FJ-1200
`92 FJ-1200

IBA # 54823

carsick

Dan Filetti

Quote from: carsick on April 01, 2012, 12:04:10 AM
:lurk:

Lurk away my friend, winters are longer up your way.  It's just that I sometimes wonder about folks that simply go away, is all.  I saw your name on an old post and wondered accordingly.

I figure there is a decent shot that the following scenario has gone down, on this list at some point (not to say it has any bearing on you) ...someone posts out that they are trying a new mod, or simply going for a ride, or does not even post out, but simply climbs on and goes.  If, while chasing that latest adrenalin hit/ cathartic moment, they managed to select themselves out of the gene pool -would any of us know?  This is of course true of other maker-meeter events as well. 

There are a few folks that are personal friends and would find out via other means, but some of us, most of us, exists to one another only on this list. Fascinating stuff really, this one 'tiny' intersection in the vast network of roads of all our of our lives, ties us together because of one motorcycle model, designed by perhaps 3-4 Japanese engineers, quietly working away in a windowless room (I imagine) some 31 years ago.

Sunday morning arm-chair philosophy...

Dan

:morning1:
Live hardy, or go home. 

Travis398

Quote from: Dan Filetti on April 01, 2012, 08:46:58 AM
I figure there is a decent shot that the following scenario has gone down,
Dan
:morning1:

He probably took his bike apart near the end of winter and has been scrambling to get it ready to ride.

When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.