News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

Greetings FJ owners and FJ admirers

Started by Seabee, April 10, 2012, 02:06:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabee

I would like to introduce myself. My name is Dan, I have an '85 1100, picked it up as a "Welcome Home" gift to myself for my last deployment to Afghanistan. Back in the early '90's I had a FJ600 I use to scoot from home to Base when I was stationed in San Diego (30 minutes on that thing and it took 8 hours to garner the courage to do it again to get back home.) As the Handle implies I currently serve as an active reservist with the Seabees, I am A Senior Chief with 24 years of service. My civilian alter ego is working for the Zoo in Portland. Since there is only 1 week of dry weather here in Oregon, my wife said I was crazy to buy a bike. But after 21 years I finally can check off "Own an FJ100" off the Bucket List.  I have another side project, it is a '67 International Scout I am working on and I love the forums from enthusiasts clubs, they get problems solved and help share ideas, thanks for letting me share here.  {Pesky M/C are leaky, I got a lead on the rebuild kits, but for the life of me I can't locate a Clutch M/C diaphragm, what gives?!?!}

flips

Hi Dan :hi:

Welcome to the group.Lots of great info and helpfull members here to sort through any fj problem or improvement! WARNING modifications are an addiction :crazy:

clutch m/c...

Cheers :drinks:

Jeff P
Stay rubber side down.

Timbo-1

Almost as tidy as your one Jeff :good2:

Very nice Seabee...first ones were the best looking I recon.

Life's been good to me so far....

baldy3853

:hi: Hey Dan welcome to the house bike looks real nice, I'm in the process of buying a bike for my trip (its the pink striped model, only real men ride bikes with pink bits  :rofl2:) next month for the 2 rallies in Porterville and Colarado.
baldy

1tinindian

"I want to be free to ride my machine without being hassled by the "man"!
91 FJ1200

Dan Filetti

Live hardy, or go home. 

rktmanfj

racerman_27410

Welcome Dan,

Thanks for your service to our country.

Great intro and here is hoping you get plenty of sunshine and riding time on your new FJ!  :good2:

KOokaloo!

Frank

FJmonkey

Welcome, to the club.... Another Red and White, can you tell I prefer this color scheme? Recently referred to as my Power Ranger suit, I have to admit that is funny, I chuckled myself.
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

Pat Conlon

Welcome Dan. I hope you get some clear weather to ride your new FJ. Notice I did not say "sunny weather" just clear weather.

Mark, other folks can make fun of your Power Ranger suit all they want.

If... thru unfortunate circumstances, you find your self sliding down the asphalt, you will be damn glad for that Power Ranger suit.

Damn glad......Don't ask me how I know....

You have a *very nice* piece of protective gear......so let those weenies laugh all they want...

1) Free Owners Manual download: https://tinyurl.com/fmsz7hk9
2) Don't store your FJ with E10 fuel https://tinyurl.com/3cjrfct5
3) Replace your old stock rubber brake lines.
4) Important items for the '84-87 FJ's:
Safety wire: https://tinyurl.com/99zp8ufh
Fuel line: https://tinyurl.com/bdff9bf3

FJmonkey

Quote from: Pat Conlon on April 10, 2012, 01:16:14 PM
Welcome Dan. I hope you get some clear weather to ride your new FJ. Notice I did not say "sunny weather" just clear weather.

Mark, other folks can make fun of your Power Ranger suit all they want.

If... thru unfortunate circumstances, you find your self sliding down the asphalt, you will be damn glad for that Power Ranger suit.

Damn glad......Don't ask me how I know....

You have a *very nice* piece of protective gear......so let those weenies laugh all they want...

Pat, many of us already know of you receiving a round of applause from the ER room nurses and doctors after the last WCR. Having been down myself a few times with and without all the proper gear, I now always wear it. The color of choice is also based on past experience. I would rather be called a Power Ranger (its all good natured ribbing with fellow members) and be seen while riding, then not be seen, as is so often the case while we all are on two wheels. The bright colors are by far no guarantee but Red and White show up much better than Black. And it goes nicely with my 86' colors. I am sure if I ever take my leathers off I will still be Red and White under it all.
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

yamaha fj rider

:hi: Dan bike looks great! Some one really took good care of it! I am glad you finally got one. Thank you for all you do and glad you are home safe. 
93 FJ1200
FJ 09
YZ250X I still love 2 strokes
Tenere 700
FJR1300ES