News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Noob From Michigan

Started by pkjr13, April 15, 2012, 09:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pkjr13

Hey Guys, Im new to the forum and to bikes!
I grew up on ATV's and Dirt Bikes but this is my first ever Street bike
havnt plated it yet just riding around the sub for the weekend

1986 Yamaha FJ1200
41k miles

FJmonkey

Welcome, pkjr13. This is the right place for any FJ owner. Looks like your 86' is missing some of the White color that helps it go faster by looking like an ambulance. Some of us 84/85/86/87 owners like our Red and White/Silver. We can help you keep your Kookaloo on year after year. What else can you tell us about you? Can you make the East Coast Rally?
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

Zwartie

Welcome aboard, pkjr13! I'm from London, ON and while on my way to Detroit yesterday (to fly out this morning for work - in Orange Beach, AL right now), I stopped in at the Wal-Mart in Macomb, MI to pick up what may be my new favorite chain lube - DuPont Chain Saver. It's hard to get in the great white north but Wal-Mart in the good 'ol USA seems to stock it regularly. I've also stopped in at Macomb Power Sports a time or two on my way to or from DTW in the past just to see all the nice shiny bikes...sigh. Anyhoo - welcome to the group - you will find lots of useful information here and a few things that you wish you didn't know as well!

Zwartie
London, ON
'92 FJ1200 (or really FJ1314)
'77 KZ200
Ben Zwart
London, ON
1992 FJ1200
1977 KZ200

racerman_27410

Welcome to the group!

Looks like a nice FJ.... hope you have many happy miles together!  :good2:

KOokaloo!

baldy3853

:hi: Welcome to the group enjoy the banter and don't take the ribbing to seriously especialy from Klavdy :sarcastic:
baldy

diymanic

hi,
an welcome! :good2:
loads of info and knowledge on here!