News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

And another one from Ohio

Started by bobsallade2, May 06, 2012, 11:34:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobsallade2

Hi there my name is Bob and I'm from New Philadelphia Ohio. About 3 weeks ago I bought my first motorcycle a 1986 fj1200. And so far I absolutely love this thing. Even though I've only got to put 26 miles on her in between repairs.  Hopefully I can get her on her feet before the 20th for BMR bike rally in Tennessee. And on the last day of the rally me and my brother are gonna try to pull our first 1000mi  in 1 day together. Should be a blast. Definitely looking forward to chatting with some of you guys. Awesome site fellas!!!

Mark Olson

hi Bob and welcome to the group  :hi:

good move on the 86 fj , red and whites represent :good:

Great motorcycle with a lot of potential .
Mark O.
86 fj1200
sac ca.

" Get off your ass and Ride"

racerman_27410

Welcome to the group!

I'm not sure i would recommend doing an iron butt ride until you become a little more familiar with the FJ and get a lot more seat time in.... is the FJ your first street bike? or first motorcycle?

take care and have fun!

KOokaloo!

Frank

cyclenutk75

Howdy Bob, and welcome.  Good to see another Buckeye come on board - that's three in a week!  Doubt we'll ever catch up to the guys on the west coast, though.  I'm only about 45 minutes away.  Give me a shout sometime for a ride.

GT
Simplicity of character is the natural result of profound thought.

FJmonkey

Welcome, as you can see I support the population growth of all the Red and Whites we can get. Good luck getting her back on the road and then getting some miles in the saddle.
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

mst3kguy

screw the bmr rally in tennessee (bmw?), attend the fj rally in north carolina the third weekend of this month.
dean
2014 triumph street triple r
2019 ktm 1290 superduke gt

RichBaker

Here you go, Deano.....     http://www.bransonmotorcyclerally.com/

Looks like fun, but the FJ Rally's probably better.
Rich Baker - NRA Life, AZCDL, Trail Riders of S. AZ. , AMA Life, BRC, HEAT Dirt Riders, SAMA....
Tennessee Squire
90 FJ1200, 03 WR450F ;8^P

mst3kguy

Quote from: RichBaker on May 07, 2012, 12:02:51 AM

oh good Lord.  um, yeah.
dean
2014 triumph street triple r
2019 ktm 1290 superduke gt

ddlewis

Quote from: mst3kguy on May 07, 2012, 12:08:47 AM

oh good Lord.  um, yeah.

lmao!  couldn'ta said it better m'self.

bobsallade2

Quote from: racerman_27410 on May 06, 2012, 06:28:12 PM
Welcome to the group!

I'm not sure i would recommend doing an iron butt ride until you become a little more familiar with the FJ and get a lot more seat time in.... is the FJ your first street bike? or first motorcycle?

take care and have fun!

Kickapoo!

Frank

thanks for the concern. But unfortunately my mom raised me to jump in with both feet. And actually my brother is the one that's gonna suffer. He's just now finishing assembly of his three and a half year project hardtail bike. But he built the entire thing himself.So ill be doing great. My Fj feels very comfortable. Hahaha

bobsallade2

N

By the way guys that's not the rally I'm going to. Big Mountain Run is the BMR I'm attending....gonna finally get to ride the tail of the dragon. Should be a ton of fun. I think the rally is put on by cycle source. Not sure though. Brother went last year and I have to see the places he took pics of. Absolutely breathtaking.  :flag_of_truce:

SlowOldGuy

Just be sure to go on a weekDAY, that way the line won't be too long and you might actually get all the way up to 30mph.

Everyone needs to go ride it at least once and get a T-shirt.  However, there are many other fine roads in the area that are less congested and "patrolled" that you will enjoy more.

Definitely do the Cherohala Skyway!

The group meets in Tellico Plains, Tn in the fall.

DavidR.