News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

"Home from East Coast Spring Rally 2012" check-in

Started by Bill_Rockoff, May 20, 2012, 01:51:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill_Rockoff

Thanks for the push-start, guys.

Home safe, nice chat with Blowing Rock PD (warning only) and nice ride home.  Off to graduation, more to follow.

Great to see everyone I saw, those of you I missed, I truly do miss.

More later,

- Bill Rockoff
Reg Pridmore yelled at me once

ddlewis

I continued on highway 58 riding straigt for FIVE solid hours to get to my folks place in Clarksville.  And that was after I waved goodbye to the group a little ways east of Damascus. 
:wacko3:  <-- this what I felt like when I got there.   Spent the night with them.  Left at 7 home by 9 this am.

Good seeing you folks as always.  Sad it's over.. back to the grind.

Here's a couple pics I took.  Not sure if there's going to be a special spot for rally pics, but here's a few anyway.

Mabry Mill where gang came up to meet me.

post ride bs

Shady Valley.. except not shady.  and hot.

:sarcastic:  Hoffmans bike and the gag that will apparently live forever..

Dirt road along the New River near Mouth of Wilson

CodyNKR

We are  6 miles from the FL line and just ran into rain. So still a couple of hrs on the road to go.

Heck fire Bill by the time the rally is over with BR PD will know all our members on a first name basis....welll maybe not me and and NancyG, cos' we're good and never do anything bad.  :biggrin:

NancyK

carey

Bill,

The BRPD mistook you for another 89 FJ that needed a bath.   :lol:

Glad your home safe.

mst3kguy

i'm home.  700 miles ridden from wednesday thru saturday.  crossed the 40,000 mile mark on the fjr, and the 120,000 mile mark on the subaru, all in the same rally.
dean
2014 triumph street triple r
2019 ktm 1290 superduke gt

Marsh White

Hey guys - I just wanted to let you know that I created a "FJ Rally Photos" section in the "Gallery" section of THIS website.  There is a subcategory there for this 2012 Spring Rally.  Hope you guys are having fun over there and I can't wait to see the photos!

P.S. I'm going to phase out the FJRally.com photo gallery and work on moving those photos over here.  The photo gallery on this forum is MUCH more feature rich than the one on the FJRally.com site.  At least here we can do multiple uploads! 

The General

G`day Marsh. Can we have an Aussie category too. (video`s also?).  Doug  (popcorn)
`93 with downside up forks.
`78 XS11/1200 with a bit on the side.
Special edition Rocket Ship ZX14R Kwacka

gdfj12

Hey all,

Kris & I made it home safe & sound, 13 hrs. of driving later. The rally was great, seeing everyone was great, had a blast riding, can't wait for the next one.
George D
'89 FJ1250 ~'90-black/blue
'87 FJ1250 ~streetfighter project
'89 FJ1200 ~white/silver, resto project
'88 Honda Hawk GT, resto project

rvnmaniac

Made it back Monday evening in one piece with damaged bike, FJR. Went out in a curve on gravel. Not a scratch on me but can't say the same for the bike. This was Friday morning but was still able to continue riding for the weekend and home. Did have a sore ankle for a couple of days. Bike is in the shop now. Will put a pic in the Rally photo section..
"GO RAVENS"

FJ Flyer

Man, Henry, that sucks!   At least its rideable and you're in one piexe, more or less.  Is it at Pete's?

Let me know if you need anything.
Chris P.
'16 FJR1300ES
'87 FJ1200
'76 DT250

Wear your gear.

rvnmaniac

Quote from: FJ Flyer on May 24, 2012, 11:55:33 AM
Man, Henry, that sucks!   At least its rideable and you're in one piexe, more or less.  Is it at Pete's?

Took it in to Pete's Tuesday morning, was told it would be about a week before the insurance estimate could be completed. Wrong time of year to take a bike to the Dealer. I'm sure it will be at least a month before i get it back....
"GO RAVENS"

mst3kguy

Quote from: rvnmaniac on May 25, 2012, 08:06:32 AM
Quote from: FJ Flyer on May 24, 2012, 11:55:33 AM

Took it in to Pete's Tuesday morning, was told it would be about a week before the insurance estimate could be completed. Wrong time of year to take a bike to the Dealer. I'm sure it will be at least a month before i get it back....

that sucks, especially since the passenger seat on carey's tiger apparently isn't all that comfy.
dean

CodyNKR

Yea it just dawned on me today....what's Henry going to do for a bike for the CO trip?

mst3kguy

Quote from: CodyNKR on May 25, 2012, 08:52:13 PM
Yea it just dawned on me today....what's Henry going to do for a bike for the CO trip?

i spoke with carey last evening, he's ordered a corbin gunfighter and lady seat for his tiger, sounds like he has it all taken care of.  carey is always thinking of others when it comes to rallies...
dean

rvnmaniac

"GO RAVENS"