News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

RPM - Raduechel Performance Motorsports

Started by racerrad8, February 12, 2009, 02:41:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan Filetti

Congratulations Randy.  I hope this works out well for you (and this group). 

I wonder, is there any opportunity for drop shipping those items that you do not intend to stock?  In this way, shipping latencies can be reduced, in some cases by a good bit of time.

I do not anticipate your being able to, as every place I have ordered motorcycle parts from, for whatever reason, do not drop ship, instead they seem to prefer they get them to their shop and then ship them out to me again.  It just seems so unnecessary to me, and I have seen other manufacturers -in other sectors, do it readily -so why not for motorcycle parts?

If nothing else, I'd love to hear the manufacturers reasoning for NOT drop shipping, only reason I can think of is trying to stay out of the customer shipping claims and returns end of it -not insignificant I grant you...

While I'm asking questions, any chance this new deal allows you to deal in Suzuki (or Honda or Kawasaki) OEM parts as well?  I'm curious.  All things being roughly equal, I'd want to throw any business I may have for the Gixxer or Ninja Ninja your way.

Keep up the good work Randy!

Thanks,

Dan

Live hardy, or go home. 

racerrad8

Quote from: Dan Filetti on April 27, 2012, 08:30:59 PM
Congratulations Randy.  I hope this works out well for you (and this group). 

I wonder, is there any opportunity for drop shipping those items that you do not intend to stock?  In this way, shipping latencies can be reduced, in some cases by a good bit of time.

I do not anticipate your being able to, as every place I have ordered motorcycle parts from, for whatever reason, do not drop ship, instead they seem to prefer they get them to their shop and then ship them out to me again.  It just seems so unnecessary to me, and I have seen other manufacturers -in other sectors, do it readily -so why not for motorcycle parts?

If nothing else, I'd love to hear the manufacturers reasoning for NOT drop shipping, only reason I can think of is trying to stay out of the customer shipping claims and returns end of it -not insignificant I grant you...

Keep up the good work Randy!

Thanks,

Dan 

I don't know about the drop shipping, and since I am buying pretty local and I can get items from them the day after they receive it. The time that could be saved would be one day to me, but one thing that I can see as an issue for drop shipping is the carrier selected.

I use USPS Priority mail on 99% of the packages to the lower 48 which arrive in 3 days or less. It does require me to deliver my package to the post office daily and not have UPS or FedEx package pick up. I know packages ship across the lower 48 by those two carriers can take double the shipping time and the cost is usually higher.

The manufacture (Yamaha) is not going to drop ship due to the volume of shipping that would be required. I am not fully of aware of how the supplier receives their parts, but I know my buddy who owns a large Ace Hardware store receives a stock order three days a week and they drop 80-100 tote bins every shipment. I can only presume the parts supplier I am using is doing something similar.

I do have another company that I signed up with several months ago and they have a drop ship program, but the additional fees they charge ($6-10) per package is something I do not feel can best supply my customers. If I have it on the shelf and you get it in no more than three days after it ships, then I can't do much better.

I am going to focus on the Yamaha stuff for now, but if you have other brand part numbers I will gladly get price and availability if requested.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

craigo

Just got a set of new throttle cables from Randy. OEM quality and got here fast. They are now on the bike and work great, as Yamaha intended.  :good2:

Thanks for the quick ship on these Randy. I can now go for a ride today.  :good:

CraigO
CraigO
90FJ1200

craigo

When I ordered my cables, I also bought a Seal Mate as my left seal was beginning to weep.
Worked great and saved me a bunch of work taking it all apart. $5.95??? Great deal and easy to use.

Thanks again, Randy,

CraigO
CraigO
90FJ1200

jamesearthdrum

peace:)james

"we often refuse to accept an idea merely because the tone of voice in which it has been expressed is unsympathetic to us."
~~~friederich nietzsche ~~~

racerrad8

For periodical updates of what new at RPM please see this link; http://www.fjowners.com/index.php?topic=4887.0

Thank you, Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

Sabre093

Any idea when your voltage regulators will be re-stocked
Thanks
2009 FJR 1300
1992 FJ 1200
1987 FJ 1200 Sold
1986 FJ 1200 Sold
1985 Venture Royale
1976 GoldWing
1986 FZ 750
1986 GPZ 900
1984 Honda Nighthawk S 750
1982 Honda Nighthawk 450

racerrad8

Well, funny you ask. The Electrosport regulator used some sort of chip that has been discontinued. I have been in constant communication with them and as of Monday, there is no date of the new version being available.

So, I contacted Rick's as they manufacture one similar for the fj. I have plenty on the way and should see them Monday.

Since it is a new product part number, if anyone requested a email notification, you will not get one. I will send out an update when they are in stock.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

racerrad8

Quote from: Sabre093 on July 30, 2015, 07:46:05 PM
Any idea when your voltage regulators will be re-stocked
Thanks

The Rick's electric regulators have arrived and are now added to the website.

Voltage Regulator

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

racerrad8

Alright ladies and gentleman. I spent the day Friday adding most of the Sena items we can get to the website. The accessories like spare batteries and mounts etc are not on there yet but I can get them for you as well. All the Sena items can be found here or by looking in the accessories tab or by typing Sena  into the search field on our website.

Also after special ordering a few of these Oil Filter Drain Funnel for those of you who have the RPM Spin On Oil Filter Adapter they are now in stock in our current inventory.

Robert - RPM
Randy - RPM

racerrad8

ONE DAY ONLY

RPM is having a Spooktacular sale Saturday 10/31/15

Buy a set of RPM Vibranator - Yamaha FJ and get a free pair of black Foam FJ Handlebar Grips.

Buy a Valve Cover Gasket and get eight new FJ Valve Cover Bolt Grommet.

The following NOCO Items are 10% off
NOCO XGB3L Battery Pack with Light
NOCO XGB3 Battery Pack

Any order over $300.00 prior to shipping will receive a free RPM T-Shirt

Randy - RPM

All sales must occur before 11:59 PST 10/31/15
Sale limited to items in stock; no rain checks.
Orders over $300.00 excluding the shipping charges; Add shirt size to "Additional Information" box during check out.
Randy - RPM

racerrad8

Okay, my wife tells me I do not give enough notice when there is going to be a sale on the RPM website , so I wanted to get this out early this year since it is November and the start of the holiday season.

RPM will be having a 10% off sale beginning Friday, November 27th through Monday November 30th. This will cover the US termed shopping days, Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday.

This sale applies to all in stock inventory; No rain checks, back orders or special order items.

Don't' forget you can also get RPM gift certificates any time of year.

Thank you for your continued support and I will probably bump this a few times between now & the beginning of the sale so everyone knows.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

racerrad8

Sale begins Friday November 27th.    Sale begins Friday November 27th.    Sale begins Friday November 27th.    Sale begins Friday November 27th.    Sale begins Friday November 27th.    Sale begins Friday November 27th.    Sale begins Friday November 27th.    Sale begins Friday November 27th.
Quote from: racerrad8 on November 01, 2015, 07:32:42 PM
Okay, my wife tells me I do not give enough notice when there is going to be a sale on the RPM website , so I wanted to get this out early this year since it is November and the start of the holiday season.

RPM will be having a 10% off sale beginning Friday, November 27th through Monday November 30th. This will cover the US termed shopping days, Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday.

This sale applies to all in stock inventory; No rain checks, back orders or special order items.

Thank you for your continued support and I will probably bump this a few times between now & the beginning of the sale so everyone knows.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

racerrad8

Sale ends Monday, November 30 at midnight PST    Sale ends Monday, November 30 at midnight PST    Sale ends Monday, November 30 at midnight PST    Sale ends Monday, November 30 at midnight PST    Sale ends Monday, November 30 at midnight PST    Sale ends Monday, November 30 at midnight PST    Sale ends Monday, November 30 at midnight PST    Sale ends Monday, November 30 at midnight PST

Black Friday is over, Small business Saturday is winding down quickly, which means you only have two days left to get in on the 2015 RPM holiday sale. Everything in stock is marked down 10%, if you can add it to your cart you will get 10% off.

Randy - RPM
Quote from: racerrad8 on November 01, 2015, 07:32:42 PM

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

racerrad8

Well, the temps are below freezing in the RPM shop but...

(Remember those days Texas Dave)

The 2015 RPM holiday is  :diablo: smokin hot  :diablo:

Today, until midnight PST everything is still 10% off.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM