News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

She's alive...

Started by Tiger, June 27, 2012, 05:53:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

After sitting around all last year in the previous owners garage, my '85 is now sorted, safetied and ready for the road, were she belongs :yahoo:

All she really needed was a left rear signal indicator replaced...old one was snapped off!!...and fork oil seals, which was fun :mocking:

I had to make the two 'special' tools required, as in:

1 - a top cap and damper rod removal tool...I used, 2 x M18 coupling nuts, 2 x 1/8" spring pins, a length of heat shrink and 18" of M18 threaded rod. I installed one coupling nut to one end of the threaded rod, drilled it and inserted a 1/8" spring pin...before installing the coupling nut on the other end, a put a length of heat shrink over the exposed rod, to save any possible damage to the forks, (also makes for easier cleaning!!). I then installed, drilled and inserted a pin on the other end...VOILA!!!

2 - an oil seal driver...an 1 1/4" PVC coupler with the inner lip 'dremmeled' out and a length of tube that I had laying around...worked like a charm.

Needless to say, after searching around here on the site I found someone had similar 'tools' already on a thread...ah well!! :blush: :dash1:

This evening I took her out for a quick shake down inaugural ride..."KOokaloo" She is not quite 100% but man, was it great :yahoo: I still have THAT smile on my face...you know the one that I mean... an hour later  :rofl2: :lol: :good:

O.K...supper time and then back in to the man cave... :drinks: :bye:

:good2: ....... TIGER ....... :good2:

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in an attractive & well preserved body...but rather to slide in sideways, body completely worn out and and with your last dying breath screaming, "HOOOYA LIFE, lets try that again"!!!

Tiger

:hi: Today was the Fujiyama Jukebox's, (FJ for short!!), first official ride out and she just keeps getting better :good2:

A new licence plate installed today with a new 'sticker', valid insurance and off we went... :bye2:

We did about 100 miles of roads around were I live, burned off some of the old girls cobwebs as well as some of last years gas!!, got accustomed to one another and had a real blast.

The only negative I could find was the 'buzzing' through the handle bars at 100KPH!!! It soon sent my right hand to sleep!!! Silly thing is, I removed the bar ends that where on when I got this ride to install some new grips... and I did not reinstall them afterwards :blush: me thinks that that was a mistuke and will be corrected asap... :good:

Overall, a good shake down ride and I'm looking forward to a great riding season ahead... :good2:

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in an attractive & well preserved body...but rather to slide in sideways, body completely worn out and and with your last dying breath screaming, "HOOOYA LIFE, lets try that again"!!!

fj11.5

well done mate, have fun getting too know each other again, , ooohhh no bar weights, you  stopped buzzing yet   :lol: ,
unless you ride bikes, I mean really ride bikes, then you just won't get it

84 Fj1100  effie , with mods
( 88 ) Fj 1200  fairly standard , + blue spots
84 Fj1100 absolutely stock standard, now more stock , fitted with Fj12 twin system , no rusted headers for this felicity jayne

Pat Conlon

Re: bar end weights, those Vibranator bar end weights that Randy @ RPM sells are the cat's meeaow.

Kudos on the resurrection. May you enjoy many, many miles!  Pat
1) Free Owners Manual download: https://tinyurl.com/fmsz7hk9
2) Don't store your FJ with E10 fuel https://tinyurl.com/3cjrfct5
3) Replace your old stock rubber brake lines.
4) Important items for the '84-87 FJ's:
Safety wire: https://tinyurl.com/99zp8ufh
Fuel line: https://tinyurl.com/bdff9bf3

Tiger

:hi: Thanks guys... :drinks:

When the buzzzzzzzzzin' finally abated, I installed a new set of thick foam grips and re-installed the bar ends that were fitted when I got her.....much better now, me thinks :good:

We did around 200 miles on Saturday and I have to say that I am so happy with this old girls handling/power. I swear that she just got better and better as the day wore on... :yahoo: Still smillin' and KooKaloo for sure :yahoo: