News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

1986 FJ1200

Started by gonzajr, February 28, 2013, 12:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gonzajr

Hello this is a 56k FJ, The thing that I have it will idle Hi at times 1600 rpm, starts up with the choke no problem, no dead spots even when under load, runs out good is this a adjustment or are the throttle shafts worn, it also well come down to un idle slow is a delay the HI idle is infrequent after many miles of riding. any help would be thankful. p.s. spell check not working any clue

SlowOldGuy

Quote from: gonzajr on February 28, 2013, 12:22:27 PM
any help would be thankful.

Help us help you.

Please type in complete sentences with proper punctuation.  Finish one thought/question before starting into another one.

Otherwise it's really not worth the effort to re-read your post 27 times in an attempt to figure out what the heck you're really asking.

DavidR.

racerman_27410

could be the o-rings between the carb joints and the head. 

could be leaky/cracked old carb joints

try spraying some WD 40 around the carb joints while engine is running to see if idle changes.

could be as simple as sticking throttle cables

happy hunting!  :good2:

KOokaloo!

gonzajr

Quote from: SlowOldGuy on February 28, 2013, 02:23:28 PM
Quote from: gonzajr on February 28, 2013, 12:22:27 PM
any help would be thankful.

Help us help you.

Please type in complete sentences with proper punctuation.  Finish one thought/question before starting into another one.

Otherwise it's really not worth the effort to reread your post 27 times in an attempt to figure out what the heck you're really asking.

Davide.
Good morning David the gram er I use is not the best. I will try to do better.

movenon

You are doing just fine ! I am sure if I was to ask a question in German you would scratch you head or chuckle. Are you making any progress in finding your problem?
George
Life isn't about having the best, but about making the best of what you have...

1990 FJ 1200

SlowOldGuy

Hey, sorry for complaining. 
I didn't realize you were German.  I just thought you were a lazy typer.

Give it your best shot, and I'll be more patient.

A few clues.  If the idle speed is increasing, then air is getting into the system somewhere or a throttle cable is binding.
Follow Frank's suggestions to find an air leak.  Also, make sure the choke mechanism is allowing the choke plungers to seat fully.

DavidR.