News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

better later than never

Started by delarbreavous, August 17, 2009, 01:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delarbreavous

Hi guys,

after reading March white's response to ratchet72 (Make Posting in the Introduction Category MANDATORY for Newbies ) He did had a point,  people are more likely to respond to others if they feel like they know them a bit.

So here we go...

did not have any motorcycles for 27 years.In november 2008 I  had to renew my driver's licence and i was asked if I still wanted to keep my bike option (for more $$$) I kept the option and weeks later I started to look on internet just for fun, just to see what was available on the market.But the fun became a need. I did not have a lot of money for a bike so I tryed trading with people (I'm a cabinetmaker) but nothing worked.

Weeks and weeks later my wife came back from a seminar telling me that she met someone who wanted to get rid
of a motorcycle they had in the garage for three years, she did not know what kind it was.
A week later she tells me it's a fj 1200. I'm interested but my impression was that this bike was a never finished project with a lot of pieces in boxes! days later the lady calls  asking me if I still wanted the bike because it has to go, she needs the space.So I went to see the bike expecting the worse. there it was, neatly parked in the garage, no dust on it almost in mint condition a 1988 fj1200 with +_58,000 km!! Came back with a trailer brought it in the shop tryed to start it but after 3 years the carbs needed a rebuilt, went to the dealer came back with a beast!!
The only bike I had before was a 450cc honda and now the fj!! riding it almost every day and liking it!!!

so that's my story hope I did not bored you guys! i'm very happy to have found this group!

P.S. My name is Alain I'm from Mirabel Québec
Fluctuat nec mergitur

rktmanfj

And it's the preferred color scheme, too...   :good:

Welcome!

Randy T
Indy

racerman_27410

nice going on the garage find...... welcome to the group !

KOokaloo!

ssuv93

Hello Alain, welcome to the forum, it is a great place in cyber space!  My 86 came from Quebec City in April of this year.  If you ever come over to Maine, send me an email if you need any thing.

Murray from Maine :hi:
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - Winston Churchill  (falsely attributed to George Orwell)

"oderint dum metuant"  Lucius Accius, 40B.C. +-  as said by Caligula & Cicero

threejagsteve

Bonjour, Alain... Bienvenu and welcome!

You have come to the right place!

Cheers,
threejagsteve
"If you wanna bark with the big dogs, you can't pee with the puppies!"

Ratchet_72

I for one will answer any (almost) question you may have to the best of my ability.

Welcome Alain
Jason Cox
-------------------------------
2000 Honda CBR1100XX
1977 Ironhead
Sacto, CA.

Dan Filetti

Welcome Alan.

Good group here, lots of good information.  Good self intro there.

ride well.  Stay safe.

Dan
Live hardy, or go home. 

fjrpierre

welcome from a part time fj rider in ottawa but you're more than likely to find me on my FJR in the Tremblant area  :hi:

delarbreavous = from the tree to you??? qu'est que c'est? you run a sugar shack on the side?   :good:
Pierre
(caretaker of a 92FJ1200)

delarbreavous

thanks for the welcome guys

I'm very happy to have found people who share the same passion for the FJ.

And Pierre!! del'arbre à vous is not a sugar shack, I'm a cabinetmaker and it's the name of my company (:

Have a nice ride everyone!
Alain
Fluctuat nec mergitur

higbonzo

Hello, and Welcome.     :hi:

Later, Phil :bye2: