News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

84 fj plus 85 part bike

Started by discontained08, October 30, 2012, 06:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

discontained08

I don't have any pics to post but i bought an 84 with a title and 85 without for $900  :good2: basically need battery for 84 and that's it the 85 came with mod carb, supertrapp exhaust and custom wiring for break light (off on and break applied ) will post again once on road but was wondering if anyone has any tips on any issues i should look for when i had it running it was running hot and popping i know that has to do with it running lean so i backed out the mixture screw but sadly my battery gave out and haven't been able to see if it fixed the problem but any advice or tips would be appreciated
Thanks Kody, Orlando FL

P.S plans for the 85 is to use all parts possible and then drop the engine into a hard tail frame V.I.N number comes up as not stolen and not registered for almost 20years guy i got it from said his friend (who's name was last registered too) left it at his house and he hasn't see or heard from him in almost 15years
live to ride ride to live
84 1100
85 1100 (partbike/hardtail project)

FJmonkey

Welcome to to the club, what can we call you (for short)?
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

discontained08

Kody or Kooter ether works thanks for the love
84 1100

Flying Scotsman

Welcome Kody,where do you live.
1984 FJ1100
1985 FJ1100
1990 FJ1200
1999 GP1200 (165 + hp)

discontained08

Orlando FL (kooter is perfured name)
84 1100

Flying Scotsman

Welcome Kooter,84-85 FJ1100 is a great ride your going to love it.
1984 FJ1100
1985 FJ1100
1990 FJ1200
1999 GP1200 (165 + hp)

discontained08

few miles i did ride where awsome engine was sitting for atleast 2 years and started right up after good carb cleaning now just battery and see if anything what else needs to be done
84 1100

FJmonkey

Kooter, any hint as to what your moniker (discontained08) means? The story in many cases are worth telling....

discontained08

just another way to say not contained and it was a band name i had in 08 ima guitar /bass player
84 1100

Steve_in_Florida

Kooter,
I'm in Orlando, too.

Let me know what I can do to help you out.

Steve
`92 FJ ABS - Daily ride
`90 FJ - Project (first FJ)
`90 FJ - Parts bike
`90 FJ-1200
`92 FJ-1200

IBA # 54823

discontained08

at the moment just need a battery money a lil tight at the moment but thanks for the offer what part of orlando?
84 1100

SlowOldGuy

please start using punctuation and capitalization otherwise if you post something more than one line it will be difficult to read because your subjects will run together and people will get confused trying to read what your talking about and some will get too frustrated trying to figure it out and just give up and start ignoring the post that will result in less help you will be better off using proper english punctuation and capitaization to get your message across and get any help for your post its nice to use complete sentences also for clarification.

See what I mean?

DavidR.

Dan Filetti

Quote from: SlowOldGuy on November 02, 2012, 09:01:37 PM
please start using punctuation and capitalization otherwise if you post something more than one line it will be difficult to read because your subjects will run together and people will get confused trying to read what your talking about and some will get too frustrated trying to figure it out and just give up and start ignoring the post that will result in less help you will be better off using proper english punctuation and capitalization to get your message across and get any help for your post its nice to use complete sentences also for clarification.

See what I mean?

DavidR.

Just a guess, based on my impression that you are a tad OCD David R., that was not easy to actually type, was it?

Dan 
Live hardy, or go home. 

SlowOldGuy

I was gritting my teeth the whole time.  :-)

DavidR.

FJmonkey

Quote from: SlowOldGuy on November 02, 2012, 10:09:25 PM
I was gritting my teeth the whole time.  :-)

DavidR.
Simple stuff if you take the proper approach. Type up entire reply, a few healthy shots of your choice of liquid courage, then go back and delete all punctuation.....