News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Greetings from Maine!!

Started by Hi Test, November 02, 2012, 07:49:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi Test

I am new to the site and really appreciate all the knowledge being shared! I am a manager for a HVAC company and have worked on my own cars,snowmobiles, and other toys as long as I can remember. Now that I am 55 years old, I dont remember much anyway! I picked up a 86 FJ 1200 this past Saturday. I have a Harley Elecrtaglide and was not intending to buy another bike but could not resist the $700.00 price tag with 2 new Michelin tires, 4to1 supertrap, and jet kit to sweeten the deal. It only has 25,000 miles but has not run for 6 years. I am really impressed how well this bike is built! After working on it every spare minute this week, It is almost completed and runs great! I am taking it for the first ride tomorrow. I have learned a lot in the past week about this bike from this site. Thanks to all who is sharing their knowledge for the benefit of others.

movenon

Welcome ! FJ's are a kick to ride. Lots of info here and people from all over the world. It's amazing the interest in these old FJ's. Not to many bikes that linger on for more than 10 years. The FJ's just keep showing up and getting better. Can't beet the price for the performance and fun factor. I am 65 and still enjoy bikes. Motorcycling never go's away... I tried, it didn't work... :) Still puts a big smile on my face and in my heart. This is a great site.
Life isn't about having the best, but about making the best of what you have...

1990 FJ 1200

weymouth399

Welcome to the party. I'm in topsham with lots of info and parts. There's a few of us here in Maine  :shok:

Bob w
84 FJ 1100
86 FJ1200
89 FJ1200
5  FJ POWERED race cars
76 LB80 Chappy
93 KX500 ice for sale
00 KX500 ice/dirt
04 KDX220 dirt for sale
04 KX500 ice
08 KLX450 ice/road
72 CT90x2 for sale

markmartin

Welcome to the forum Hi Test. I'm in Hampden, just across the river from you.  Maybe we can join up for a ride next spring.  I think today was my last commute for the year.  Cords are showing on the rear tire and temps are dropping.  Good luck getting your FJ going.  This site is great. Members have walked me through repairs and modifications that I would and could have never done without all the help.  

I've got a carb-tune syncronizer and a valve shim tool you can use if you get around to giving it a tune up this winter. Hit me on a PM if /when your ready.

Mark

DoD#663

I'm over in NH and just today put my FJ into storage for the winter.

I don't need to know where I'm going, I only need to know where I've been.

fj11.5

Welcome mate, so how much dont you ride the harley now you own a real bike :lol:,, without this site i doubt i would of attempted half the work ive done this year on effie,, especialy the head swap , , best form of reabilitation after brain surgery ever :biggrin:
unless you ride bikes, I mean really ride bikes, then you just won't get it

84 Fj1100  effie , with mods
( 88 ) Fj 1200  fairly standard , + blue spots
84 Fj1100 absolutely stock standard, now more stock , fitted with Fj12 twin system , no rusted headers for this felicity jayne

FJmonkey

Welcome Hi Test, we will take all the Red and Whites we can get. They don't just go faster, they look faster even sitting still.....
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

Mark Olson

greetings  :hi:

86 fj's are great motorcycles .

watch out for the 2nd gear issue: pops out of gear at high rpm's.

when the clutch starts slipping you got it tuned right.

I am a HVACR guy myself , so are a couple others on the site.

Mark O.
Mark O.
86 fj1200
sac ca.

" Get off your ass and Ride"

racerman_27410

Welcome to the group!

Sounds like you got a real gem with that low mileage!

Also HVACR contractor... great minds think alike !  :good2:

KOokaloo!

Frank