News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Big D's '87 FJ project

Started by Big D, November 03, 2012, 08:29:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big D

Well, I picked the bike up this morning, got it home, and realised there is no room in the garage so I need to do a clean out. After a full day of cleaning the garage and sending all the unused crap to the shed, it's starting to look pretty good. There is actually room for at least another bike in there. So I head off down the shop, come home to find the wife has parked her bloody car in the garage. WTF is with that???
1981 Kawasaki Z650 restored
1987 Yamaha FJ1200 dead
1985 Yamaha FJ1200 work in progress

Go that way really fast, when something gets in your way, turn

Steve_in_Florida

Tread lightly if you wanna "get any" tonight!

Obviously, you didn't tidy up enough for both. Negotiate to park it in the living room???
`90 FJ-1200
`92 FJ-1200

IBA # 54823

The General

Quote from: Big D on November 03, 2012, 08:29:17 AM
Well, I picked the bike up this morning, got it home, and realised there is no room in the garage so I need to do a clean out. After a full day of cleaning the garage and sending all the unused crap to the shed, it's starting to look pretty good. There is actually room for at least another bike in there. So I head off down the shop, come home to find the wife has parked her bloody car in the garage. WTF is with that???

HaHaaa. Just park it at her brother`s place!  .... :rofl:
`93 with downside up forks.
`78 XS11/1200 with a bit on the side.
Special edition Rocket Ship ZX14R Kwacka

fj11.5

you didn't follow the first rule of cleaning up , , only shift out enough stuff to make walk around room of the bike
unless you ride bikes, I mean really ride bikes, then you just won't get it

84 Fj1100  effie , with mods
( 88 ) Fj 1200  fairly standard , + blue spots
84 Fj1100 absolutely stock standard, now more stock , fitted with Fj12 twin system , no rusted headers for this felicity jayne

Big D

all I need to say is the wifes car has been....removed...from the garage, and I've turned the power off to the electric roller door. I know she wont manually lift the door, so it should give me a few weeks of peace before she realises what I've done.

I've taken the tank off the bike, only to find all of the undertank fittings are missing, great, so I've sent an email to Randy asking about the fittings, obviously one is the petcock, is the other hole a fuel sender unit?

I'm just hoping the previous owner hasn't sold all of the expensive bits and sold me something only good for wrecking, but on saying that, I'll make my money back if I do have to wreck it anyway.
1987 Yamaha FJ1200 dead

Big D

Ok, so I'm cheating, I have just picked up a 1985 FJ1200 running, registered in crap condition, but almost complete, so my 1987 project has now become a 1895 project, and I don't have to tear the motor down. There will be plenty of bits left over from the 2 bikes so for those in aus if you need bits, give me a yell.
1987 Yamaha FJ1200 dead