News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Greetings from Leicester, England.

Started by Wesley, November 10, 2012, 12:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wesley

Hello everybody,
My name is Wesley I generally answer to most names (both printable and unprintable), but please all feel free to call me Wez. I hail from Leicester England, that's right in the middle of our tiny little island for those who know their geography. I started riding bikes when I was a teenager albeit not legitimately and my weapon of choice in those days was a metallic blue Honda CB250N superdream. As with most people (I guess?) I met a girl, got married, had children and had to buy a car. Well motorcycling sorta disappeared for a good many years. Life took it's many twists and turns and now here I am single again and getting back into bikes again. I should add at this point that I'm now a professional bus driver and have been for quite some time so my licence is precious to me. So I put on my training wheels and did it properly passing the various tests we have to do in the UK and here I am now, the proud owner of a somewhat temperamental FJ1200.

I dont have a decent enough camera to add a pic of my FJ but here's a pic of my training wheels you may find it interesting  :smile:

P.S. A bucket of Electronic popcorn  (popcorn) To anyone who figures out what it really is!!!!

nurse

Welcome from cold and damp Norfolk (as in east Anglian not Virginia!) good to have you with us.

Nice to have you here Wesley.  Bit of a jump in weight class and centre of balance.  Be careful the fj is a heavy ol girl!

Don't thinks its really a hardly! Not sure wot it is though.  Looks a bit
Like the 250 Honda I learnt/ did my cbt on, but I can't remember what model it was!

A life has been well lived, if you have planted trees under who's shade you do not expect to sit.

I'm told I'm cynical, pessimistic and generally miserable. I say that I'm realistic! The fact that reality sucks is not my fault!

FJmonkey

Welcome Wez, enjoy our insanity and the need for Kookaloo...
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

Havoc

Ay up, just up the 46 in Bingham, enjoy your FJ
Dangerous Brothers Racing

racerman_27410

Welcome to the group Wez,  funny how life can twist and turn but true love can happen...

One just needs to find the right FJ!  :good2:

KOokaloo!

Frank

aviationfred

Welcome to the group, The members here are great people. There is a huge wealth of knowledge here for when your FJ shows it's temper.

Fred
I'm not the fastest FJ rider, I am 'half-fast', the fastest slow guy....

Current
2008 VFR800 RC46 Vtec
1996 VFR750 RC36/2
1990 FJ1300 (1297cc) Casper
1990 VFR750 RC36/1 Minnie
1989 FJ1200 Lazarus, the Streetfighter Project
1985 VF500F RC31 Interceptor

backstreetheros

welcome wez,
i'm down in sunny dorset!

a very impressive site here and if you need to know anything fj youve come to the right place.
you will need to put kookaloo in the search bar to find out what everyone is going on about though...
good luck with the FJ!!

Mark.
You can't turn a pig into a racehorse... So lets see how fast we can make this pig go!!