News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

CanD TURBO

Started by CanDman, November 14, 2012, 06:15:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arnie

That is an XJR1200 or 1300 (1250).  Both came in that bumblebee color scheme.  The later models have fuel injection standard which would make the turbo intall easier.

Arnie

Havoc

It's no documentary I agree but Dan said he wanted to see a living, breathing Turbo EFI FJ motor and that is one. That is an XJR12 which is to all intense and purposes an Fj motor, with an FJ head and adapted Busa throttle bodies. Even easier with 2008 XJR and later TB's but those heads came with all the emission bollox and strangled TBs (not much more than 30mm).

I am running 36-1 induction crank  sensor with additional cam sensor planned, but don't know whether its necessary yet. Also IAT sensor, boost sensor, TP sensor, Oil temp sensor, block temp sensor, gear sensor and Lambda sensor controller by a KMS ECU. Digital boost control and progressive Nitrous control will be added after the Oldskool bet is won.
Dangerous Brothers Racing

Dan Filetti

The example you provided is close, I do recognize the XJR from the motorcycle mags, but it's no FJ.  And this could easily have been the 1300 which comes from the manufacturer as EFI, which is not what I'm after.    

What I would like to confirm the existence of,  is a living breathing modified EFI FJ, in an FJ chassis -the turbo is optional.  

I am a bit amazed at the number of threads like this one I have read, where seemingly, all the right things were being talked about: IAT sensors, boost sensors, TP sensors, Oil temp sensors, block temp sensors, gear sensor and Lambda sensors...  but then...  nothing.  It's as if it just gets to be too much of a PITA and is universally abandoned.  

I asked the same question a while back on this thread and did not see anyone confirm it.

It may well be possible that if this effort is not abandoned, it will be the first to have actually managed to convert an carbureted FJ to and EFI FJ.

Good luck,

Dan

Live hardy, or go home. 

dixiethedog

Havoc,if to show an FJ with all the right bits,your welcome to stick your turbo engine and all its bits into one of my FJ chassis'. :lol: I really wouldnt mind at all.