Kurt
93 FJ1200
FJ 09
YZ250X I still love 2 strokes
Tenere 700
FJR1300ES

fj12_rider

Quote from: Anti-Dive Dave on November 24, 2012, 01:12:22 PM

If I was to prefer the red n white colour scheme, and had a bike in nice condition, I may get carried away and want to go the full hog by wearing the matching leathers...

I mean COME ON! - there's no-one THAT obsessed...is there?

Aww crap......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Buy a car ? Why in the hell would I want to do THAT ???

Alf

Welcome to the group!

I have the multiple bikes virus too, so I´m dreaming about to add a FJ 1100 to my bikes, more when I know who is the owner of my loved ex-FJ 1100. (my poor ex-bike unloved and unused in a dark garage!) :-(

In my benefit, I don´t have enough space in my garage and a wife that moans when I say that I´m thinking to exile our cars from the garage to the street to make more space for more bikes, and the promise that if I do that I´m going to sleep with my bikes in the future (well, I´m considering the offer...)

Welcome again

Alf

Pat Conlon

Quote from: Alf on November 25, 2012, 03:29:09 AM
............I´m thinking to exile our cars from the garage to the street to make more space for more bikes, and the promise that if I do that I´m going to sleep with my bikes in the future (well, I´m considering the offer...)

Yea, what's up with that?

I've always wondered why they consider that a threat...." You better not do ( fill in the blank) or......you will be sleeping in the garage.... "

Last I checked, my FJ's don't care what time I come to bed....and they don't fucking snore.... Is it so bad?

Welcome amigo!
1) Free Owners Manual download: https://tinyurl.com/fmsz7hk9
2) Don't store your FJ with E10 fuel https://tinyurl.com/3cjrfct5
3) Replace your old stock rubber brake lines.
4) Important items for the '84-87 FJ's:
Safety wire: https://tinyurl.com/99zp8ufh
Fuel line: https://tinyurl.com/bdff9bf3

aviationfred

Welcome to the group, another Ambulance rider has joined the group. :hi:

My introduction to the FJ's was with a 85' 1100. Unfortunately Me, the FJ and a mountian on Angeles Crest Hwy had a dissagreement a few years back. Wadded it up beyond repair.

You will love the Kookaloo zone and all the info that is to be found here.

Fred
I'm not the fastest FJ rider, I am 'half-fast', the fastest slow guy....

Current
2008 VFR800 RC46 Vtec
1996 VFR750 RC36/2
1990 FJ1300 (1297cc) Casper
1990 VFR750 RC36/1 Minnie
1989 FJ1200 Lazarus, the Streetfighter Project
1985 VF500F RC31 Interceptor

dugsfj

:good2:im sorry i havnt checked this forum in a bit ....ive put 3 k on the fj i must say i sure do love it .i live in the san francisco bay area of california and have been riding every chance i get ....i recovered my seat it turned out great only cost me 20$ i put a new front tire on .next im getting a oil cooler http://www.rpmracingca.com/proddetail.asp?prod=M%2FC%3AFJCoolerKit   this guy is local and its a complete kit ...im getting the carbs synced and the valves adjusted and thats should complete my to do list for now lol ....anyone live local ??? hit with an e mail ... dugfuny69@yahoo.com    ill be looking into a fj rally soon
have a FJ kinda day

FJmonkey

Dude, you have about a dozen owners in your general area. And Randy at RPM is the best Go-To place for FJ and Yamaha parts (he is a Yamaha dealer). Check the forum just a little more often. The rally is in Petaluma this year, get a cabin if you want to stay over night, or just ride in and say hi. Some of the best parts are the moments around the campfire. Here is the info http://www.fjowners.com/index.php?topic=8130.msg74785#msg74785
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

Flynt

Quote from: dugsfj on February 26, 2013, 02:46:44 AM
....anyone live local ???    ill be looking into a fj rally soon

I'm in San Jose and will ride almost any given weekend.  The rally you're looking for is the 2013 West Coast Rally in Petaluma...  search here for details.

Frank
There's plenty of time for sleep in the grave...

winddancer

Welcome
it says you live in Modesto maybe I will see you around town i mostly ride to work in Stockton and back but you can find me out and about. Randy is a great guy to get to know and this is a great group. we will make sure we PM the next time we go for a ride (Randy wants to try to more of them).

racerrad8

Quote from: winddancer on February 26, 2013, 01:09:52 PM
it says you live in Modesto

I know, I missed that too.

May I ask who is doing you valve & carb work?

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

baldy3853

Quote from: Pat Conlon on November 25, 2012, 03:38:45 PM
Quote from: Alf on November 25, 2012, 03:29:09 AM
............I´m thinking to exile our cars from the garage to the street to make more space for more bikes, and the promise that if I do that I´m going to sleep with my bikes in the future (well, I´m considering the offer...)

Yea, what's up with that?

I've always wondered why they consider that a threat...." You better not do ( fill in the blank) or......you will be sleeping in the garage.... "
Pat rotfl and they never bitch when u ride another bike either!!  :rofl2:
Last I checked, my FJ's don't care what time I come to bed....and they don't fucking snore.... Is it so bad?

Welcome amigo!

dugsfj

Quote from: Flynt on February 26, 2013, 10:00:28 AM

I'm in San Jose and will ride almost any given weekend.  The rally you're looking for is the 2013 West Coast Rally in Petaluma...  search here for details.

Frank
i was just in san jose today ...i ride up on sky line regularly i would love to hook up and ride a bit ...i love my fj it turns heads and i get lots of compliments ...i ride every sat
have a FJ kinda day

dugsfj

Quote from: racerrad8 on February 26, 2013, 05:27:04 PM

Randy - RPM
Quote from: Flynt on February 26, 2013, 10:00:28 AM

Frank
i was just in san jose today ...i ride up on sky line regularly i would love to hook up and ride a bit ...i love my fj it turns heads and i get lots of compliments ...i ride every sat
Welcome
it says you live in Modesto maybe I will see you around town i mostly ride to work in Stockton and back but you can find me out and about. Randy is a great guy to get to know and this is a great group. we will make sure we PM the next time we go for a ride (Randy wants to try to more of them).
Quote from: winddancer on February 26, 2013, 01:09:52 PMi am having a friend  do my valve and carb work...he is going to show me how to do it myself fro free so i can repeat lol :yahoo:
Welcome

Randy - RPM

Randy - RPM
have a FJ kinda day

dugsfj

:good2:i live in ripon ...i welcome anyone local that wants to ride ....my email is dugfuny69@yahoo.com i ride every Saturday and sunday after church if i can ....my friend is going to do my carb and valve work for free for me ( he is always looking for side work if you need things done he needs the money $$$) please forgive me as im still trying to find my way around this forum  :wacko1:
have a FJ kinda day