News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

For those brave enough...

Started by mr blackstock, October 08, 2012, 05:12:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr blackstock

I saw an FJ come up on ebay recently in Melbourne, Australia, and thought to have a quick look, and the closer I looked the less parts I could see that I could use, I figured it would not get any bidders,
I was wrong.  It sold for around $150
There are bike restorers that most of us can stand next to happily, then there are those that must be closer to either an owner of a parts company like Wemoto, or they are close to God.

They are braver than me!

Anyone here this brave?
Squeaky wheels always get the grease...

Yamaha FJ1100 1985

I make oil

I don't think I see a single part on that bike that is useable.  How does a bike get into that condition?   :ireful:
Semper Fi

fj11.5

I posted the ebay number for it when it was listed, seems it sat outside under a tarp for 2 years, looks more like it stayed outside for twenty,  sat on $56 for ages,  they must have a huge sonic parts cleaner, and a whole lot of autosol
unless you ride bikes, I mean really ride bikes, then you just won't get it

84 Fj1100  effie , with mods
( 88 ) Fj 1200  fairly standard , + blue spots
84 Fj1100 absolutely stock standard, now more stock , fitted with Fj12 twin system , no rusted headers for this felicity jayne

Firehawk068

Quote from: I make oil on October 08, 2012, 05:22:24 AM
I don't think I see a single part on that bike that is useable.  How does a bike get into that condition?   :ireful:

OH come on now!

I see a right side scoop, a left front turn signal, and a chain guard........................oh, and a grab handle!  :sarcastic:
Alan H.
Denver, CO
'90 FJ1200

X-Ray

That poor thing is never going to run again........
'94 FJ1200 Wet Pale Brown
'93 FJ1200 Dark Violet/Silver
'84 FJ1100 Red/White

'91 FJ1200 Dark Violet/Silver ( Now Sold)
'92 FJ1200 Project/Resto Dark Violet/Silver (Now Sold)

For photos of my rear wheel swap, heres the link  https://www.flickr.com/gp/150032671@N02/62k3KZ

movenon

X-Ray. Nice photo's of your rear wheel conversion. Hope to do the same as I am about ready for a new rear tire next season.
Life isn't about having the best, but about making the best of what you have...

1990 FJ 1200

X-Ray

It was easier than I thought to do the rear wheel change. Having just pulled the back wheel out a couple of days ago to get a new tyre put on, I did realise I had one too many washers on the brake caliper side. You only need 1 x  4mm thickness washer each side to keep the alignment in most cases. The new Dunlop 180/55/17 tyre just clears the chain.
'94 FJ1200 Wet Pale Brown
'93 FJ1200 Dark Violet/Silver
'84 FJ1100 Red/White

'91 FJ1200 Dark Violet/Silver ( Now Sold)
'92 FJ1200 Project/Resto Dark Violet/Silver (Now Sold)

For photos of my rear wheel swap, heres the link  https://www.flickr.com/gp/150032671@N02/62k3KZ