News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

what to expect at the 2013 west coast rally

Started by Mark Olson, February 03, 2013, 01:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Olson

Greetings fellow Rally attendees .
As the WCR event approaches there will be some wondering by first time rally virgins as to what goes on at a west coast rally. :mail1:

This years Rally will be at the KOA .
Some things you will want to bring :this is not a motel.
.sleeping bag and pillow
.swim trunks for the pool
.bath towel and toiletries (soap, shampoo,toothpaste,etc). there is a store at the koa
.riding gear , ear plugs, campfire jacket.
.medical information card to be kept on your person in case of emergency.
.emergency contact info.
. your FJ or other 2 wheeled conveyance.
.food or plan for dinning at local establishments.(plenty of fast food or sit down places)
.CAMERA to document your adventure.
.bring a chair for sitting around the campfire.(sometimes they are there at the koa , sometimes not)

There will be a bbq and fire pit in front of your cabin or tent site.
you will be able to park your FJ next to your cabin.

This is a laid back event with no have to do it's.
Most of the riders will show up all day  Thursday and into the night .The majority will go out to dinner the first night to sample the local cuisine .
This will be followed by a bonfire/campfire pyrotechnic display involving thermite .
The consumption of mass quantities of your favorite beverage will take place next along with trading lies and general bullshit session. :drinks:

.Friday is ride day . 
Get up , eat at your pleasure . Wheels up time tbd at previous nights campfire.
Attend safety briefing.
go ride totally awesome roads .With the group or the wandering Hebrew.
have lunch somewhere .
finish ride and return to camp , check in so you can be accounted for.
do whatever you want.
bonfire and more bullshiting.

.Saturday is ride day
same as previous day with different awesome roads.
finish ride and return to camp for head count.
bonfire and more bullshitting.

Sunday is load up and leave. :cray:

The fj group has some of the greatest guy's /gal's you will ever have the pleasure to meet . All of us look forward to this all year and seeing old friends and making new ones. This is your opportunity to put a face to that crazy bastard who has been posting. See the mods in person and get tips and tricks for your fj.

What happens at the rally , stays at the rally  :blush:  unless someone gets it on camera or video. :sarcastic:

we have everything from fast riders to laid back cruisers who stop at every landmark for a picture .
the theme is RIDE YOUR OWN RIDE.

I look forward to seeing you all there. :yahoo:

(disclaimer)
Attend rally at your own risk , beware of potato cannon debris , drunken stupidity with shameless lies of feats of bravery and riding skills ,there is a possibility of ear rape (hearing a life story against your will) and loud obnoxious people . The Aussie's will demand to be addressed as Sir and Lord , treat them like scum (they like it) . Party rules apply : if you pass out with your shoes on, the" jigglypuff" will get you. Your bike will not be messed with during the night unless you left your map on it. rally attendees who get out of hand will be required to make their own bail. Anybody who tries to sing kumbya will get their ass kicked . you may end up with the honor of rally drinks bitch (a prestigous and glorious tradition) .beware, the screaming mimi alarm travels from kabin to kabin. funny or crazy hats are encouraged.

(warning )
rallys can be habit forming and lead to moditis , big stupid grins , good times and empty wallet.   :wacko3:
Mark O.
86 fj1200
sac ca.

" Get off your ass and Ride"

Steve_in_Florida

`90 FJ-1200
`92 FJ-1200

IBA # 54823

1tinindian

Fuck that, I'm coming anyway! LOL!

I have to, as I'm the bearer of the "Drinks Bitch" pink shirt!

"I want to be free to ride my machine without being hassled by the "man"!
91 FJ1200

baldy3853

Quote from: 1tinindian on February 06, 2013, 10:57:58 PM
Fuck that, I'm coming anyway! LOL!

I have to, as I'm the bearer of the "Drinks Bitch" pink shirt!

Thank gawd for that as u didn't serve anybody at Gunison last yr :wacko3:

1tinindian

Quote from: baldy3853 on February 07, 2013, 01:54:05 AM

Thank gawd for that as u didn't serve anybody at Gunison last yr :wacko3:

Agreed. We were just on our way out for the night and just didn't go as planned when you presented me with this great honor! :blum1:
"I want to be free to ride my machine without being hassled by the "man"!
91 FJ1200

Klavdy

Teh Driks Bitch has a long and proud tradition.

"This guy has got to go. The single most offensive individual I have experienced on the web.
MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

i is a professional website designer, I've built over 100's of sites
And yea I actually get paid for it. about 150 and hour.