News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Ontarion's...S S brake/clutch lines info'.

Started by Tiger, February 24, 2013, 11:30:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

This is a list of the complete set of Stainless Steel braided brake & clutch lines that I purchased for my FJ, in Red.....from Elite Auto Service in Scarborough, Ontario. Canada. (I have NO affiliation with the company)

Costings are all in Canadian dollars.

1 x 35/3/3/A/red*   $25.00 (Left front).

1 x 34/1/3/A/red*   $25.00 (Right front).

2 x 12/1/1/A/red*   $15.00 each (anti-dive lines).

1 x 16/1/3/A/red*   $15.00 (Rear brake line).

1 x 44/1/3/A/red*   $30.00 (Clutch line, one piece from master cylinder to clutch slave unit).

3 x double banjo bolts   $6.95 each            

You do get plenty of single banjo bolts and crush washers included :good:

Grand total   $145.85 + $18.96 HST (for Ontario residents) = $164.81 (Be aware, I picked up so no delivery costings).

Please note: *also in clear/black or Blue, substitute red for preferred colour.

Check website before ordering... in case I made a typing error!!!

Elite Auto Service

3360, Midland Avenue,

Unit A & B,

Scarborough.

Ontario M1V 4V7

Phone # (416) 291-3953

Email: sales@eliteauto.ca

Web: www.eliteauto.ca

I hope people can make use of this info. Quality is excellent...as is turn around.

John.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in an attractive & well preserved body...but rather to slide in sideways, body completely worn out and and with your last dying breath screaming, "HOOOYA LIFE, lets try that again"!!!

keand3

Your clutch line, is it 44" long? I am looking to replace mine while i change the m/c to fjr.
Haven't measured mine yet but will bee doing it soon

Ken
Whant to check out my photos on the bike??
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=828DDEC8DF631CA5%21103

Tiger

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in an attractive & well preserved body...but rather to slide in sideways, body completely worn out and and with your last dying breath screaming, "HOOOYA LIFE, lets try that again"!!!

keand3

Thanks.
Will be replacing my clutch line soon as well   :yes:

Ken

PaulG

Great info, they're only a few minutes from my place. I'm looking at a SS clutch line also.

Were these items off the shelf or did they cut/crimp everything for you?
1992 FJ1200 ABS
YouTube Channel Paul G

keand3

Often they have them off the self based on standard length, but I would recommend to messure your current line.

Cheers
Ken

Tiger

Quote from: PaulG on March 28, 2013, 10:13:16 PM
Great info, they're only a few minutes from my place. I'm looking at a SS clutch line also.

Were these items off the shelf or did they cut/crimp everything for you?

:hi: Hey Paul,
They make them up to suit your ride...usually in 24/48 hours from order :good2: I did ALL the brake lines (including Anti-dive!!) and the clutch line to, all for (with HST) a wee bit under $165.00

The guys name is Raymond Chan...nice guy and very helpfull :good:

John.

big r

I ordered lines from this outfit as well. They were very easy to deal with and very quick. I ordered all but the antidive lines as I went to two lines from the master to the calipers on the front. I if I remember my clutch line was 43 in. long and 32 and 33 in. for the brake lines. My lines had an adjustable end on them so I didn't have to worry about the banjo orientation. The prices were very good. Big R. ps I have a 86

mcrowley

What's the easiest way to get ahold of these guys to order some lines?  The email address listed is no good...
85 FJ1100
03 Kawi Z1000
11 BMW R1200RT

Tiger

Thmsdoyle

Looks like a great time! Love looking at old vintage stuff!!
Tommy D.

wirehairs

The contact info page on that website is not working, nor does the sales@eliteauto email address.  :(

FJ1100mjk

Quote from: wirehairs on February 17, 2015, 11:35:45 AM
The contact info page on that website is not working, nor does the sales@eliteauto email address.  :(
I went with this outfit:

http://www.rennsportautoparts.com 

Don't bother with the email address on the bottom of the web page. Call them and ask to speak with their person who does the brake lines. His name was Raymond too. May be the same person.

Their prices were very reasonable, even with shipping from Canada.

Platinum Zircon-encrusted Gold Member

Iron Balls #00002175
www.ironballs.com

wirehairs

Thanks.  One question though: I kind of prefer to buy the lines from a company who already knows the lengths and banjo connections that I need based on the bike I have (93 FJ1200).  The reason why is because of a previous experience where a SS line I ordered ended up being a little long, and those metal ones sure don't bend like the rubber ones do.  So, does Renn Auto Parts already have that info for FJ lines?

Thanks!

Quote from: FJ1100mjk on February 17, 2015, 02:27:08 PM
Quote from: wirehairs on February 17, 2015, 11:35:45 AM
I went with this outfit:

http://www.rennsportautoparts.com 

Don't bother with the email address on the bottom of the web page. Call them and ask to speak with their person who does the brake lines. His name was Raymond too. May be the same person.

Their prices were very reasonable, even with shipping from Canada.

FJ1100mjk

Quote from: wirehairs on February 18, 2015, 10:04:10 AM
One question though: So, does Renn Auto Parts already have that info for FJ lines?

Thanks!

You are going to have to contact them about your specific application and concerns.

If they can't supply you with want you require, then you may have to pony up more $ and go with Galfer, Goodridge, or the like.
Platinum Zircon-encrusted Gold Member

Iron Balls #00002175
www.ironballs.com