Main Menu

2013 NEFJR

Started by weymouth399, February 25, 2013, 09:35:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weymouth399

Well, I'll start the ball rolling.

What are we going to do this year?

Where we going to have it?

A few options have been brought up, time think of which one to pick one?

We may have out grown the campground or need to grow up while we are there. :bad:

Need to finalize a date soon?

Bob W
84 FJ 1100
86 FJ1200
89 FJ1200
5  FJ POWERED race cars
76 LB80 Chappy
93 KX500 ice for sale
00 KX500 ice/dirt
04 KDX220 dirt for sale
04 KX500 ice
08 KLX450 ice/road
72 CT90x2 for sale

markmartin

Good Bob.  I'm going to try to make it there this year. 

Mark M

NYFJR13

Well Bob my vote is to keep it at the same location. I have really enjoyed it there.  We just need to remember to keep the noise down late at night. That's all. But the majority rules. So if there is a bigger vote to have it somewhere else then I will be there at the new location. I'm done with winter! Come on spring!

Bob

I'm hoping to make it down this year... hated missing last year.

<rant>
I do, however, need to get new insurance on my ride. In a fit of rage I cancelled my bike insurance; something about seeing a $991 premium for a 20 year old bike, with no theft or comprehensive, and no tickets or claims, ever.
State Farm would not budge, even after I told them that my father in law's 2001 1500cc Intruder costs him only $600  :mad: 

I'll be moving insurance for two cars, house and bike in the spring to whatever company gives me the best price. Bike insurance in Ontario sucks.
</rant>

Bob N.
'93 FJ
'17 V-Strom DL650
Whitby, ON

RACER111V

I think it may be worth trying some other campground in the area. I did some ADVrider events last year and there are a lot of campgrounds that are a little more accommodating to people laughing around the campfire after dark. I'm riding an event out of N.Conway  (http://www.sacorivercampingarea.com/) on May 17. From what I experienced last year I would expect 30-40 riders. Lots of alcohol will be consumed, and lies will be told. This is close to Bethel Me where we have been. After that I would have a better idea if this would be a good option. I'm willing to do some posting on the ADVrider forum on some possible locations the they have had good luck at before.
The campground I stayed at last fall in NY (Grand Slam) is just a little too far from the Adirondacks to be a good home base. I rode mt DRZ400 to the Cromag event last fall at Silver Lake state park in VT. They reserve the whole park for three days, have over 100 riders , a pulled pork dinner on Saturday night, and some incredible trail/dirt/asphalt riding.Lots of drinking and story telling into the early morning.
I went and bought a KTM 950 Adventure to do more of these events. Nothing quite like a 100hp dirt bike. :wacko3:

With that being said, if you guys want to go back to the original campground, I'm on board. I'll just bring a book to read in my tent after 10 pm. :flag_of_truce:

CanDman

I may not be able to make it this year fellas.......... but if I can, I am game for anywhere you guys decide. Hope all is well with everybody....and I will be hoping to be able to make it......miss you ...
Kev
Never regret your choices in life ! There is no way to go back to do it again and compare. Make the most and do your best with every decision you make

NYFJR13

Quote from: RACER111V on March 09, 2013, 06:21:21 PM
I think it may be worth trying some other campground in the area. I did some ADVrider events last year and there are a lot of campgrounds that are a little more accommodating to people laughing around the campfire after dark. I'm riding an event out of N.Conway  (http://www.sacorivercampingarea.com/) on May 17. From what I experienced last year I would expect 30-40 riders. Lots of alcohol will be consumed, and lies will be told. This is close to Bethel Me where we have been. After that I would have a better idea if this would be a good option. I'm willing to do some posting on the ADVrider forum on some possible locations the they have had good luck at before.
The campground I stayed at last fall in NY (Grand Slam) is just a little too far from the Adirondacks to be a good home base. I rode mt DRZ400 to the Cromag event last fall at Silver Lake state park in VT. They reserve the whole park for three days, have over 100 riders , a pulled pork dinner on Saturday night, and some incredible trail/dirt/asphalt riding.Lots of drinking and story telling into the early morning.
I went and bought a KTM 950 Adventure to do more of these events. Nothing quite like a 100hp dirt bike. :wacko3:

With that being said, if you guys want to go back to the original campground, I'm on board. I'll just bring a book to read in my tent after 10 pm. :flag_of_truce:

Looks like a great place to me Glen. I love riding and camping in NH. So I'm game.

paulfj03

I'm hoping to make it again this year... It will depend on how work goes over the next couple of months :flag_of_truce:
A new campground is fine with me... I'm easy :i_am_so_happy:

CanDman

Quote from: paulfj03 on April 09, 2013, 07:03:41 PM
I'm hoping to make it again this year... It will depend on how work goes over the next couple of months :flag_of_truce:
A new campground is fine with me... I'm easy :i_am_so_happy:

Looking good for me as well..........it has been a long winter.....and things are really starting to look up..........looking forward to it...and now that spring is here... FINALLY !!!!! I thought these 2 jingles would ring in the long awaited season.....enjoy the bloom....... :yahoo:

JETHRO TULL - Jack-in-the-Green [LIVE FROM HIPPODROME,LONDON 1977]

and another green one.........

Jethro Tull - Velvet green

Never regret your choices in life ! There is no way to go back to do it again and compare. Make the most and do your best with every decision you make

CanDman

Quote from: NYFJR13 on March 23, 2013, 06:19:52 AM
Quote from: RACER111V on March 09, 2013, 06:21:21 PM
I think it may be worth trying some other campground in the area. I did some ADVrider events last year and there are a lot of campgrounds that are a little more accommodating to people laughing around the campfire after dark. I'm riding an event out of N.Conway  (http://www.sacorivercampingarea.com/) on May 17. From what I experienced last year I would expect 30-40 riders. Lots of alcohol will be consumed, and lies will be told. This is close to Bethel Me where we have been. After that I would have a better idea if this would be a good option. I'm willing to do some posting on the ADVrider forum on some possible locations the they have had good luck at before.

Looks like a great place to me Glen. I love riding and camping in NH. So I'm game.

I agree with the Koala man Glen....this place looks like a great alternative to the other camp site and it's very near to the other location...I definitely think this is the spot...........but I think it's time that we make a decision ......other wise there won't be a Rally....come one fellas....lets start moving forward on this.......if not.......we have to consider the alternative....."not having one"...... :ireful: :negative: :sorry: :scratch_one-s_head:

So.......we need
1. to decide on a date......every one in favour of the last weekend in July? if so...answer yes
2. Is every one in agreement with Glens chioce?   If so....answer yes
3. Travis doesn't seem to want to take the lead this year......Bob sort of did but is probably too busy to follow up....this event will likely need somebody locally to make arrangements.
4. We as a group need to raise our hands........and be counted.
5. Contact with the new site should be made and numbers presented to the group......
6. location at the new site needs to be established as well ......(make sure it's near the 2 vending trucks....."The Chip Wagon" and "Snow Daddy"....for when we get the munchies around midnight
7. Need also to arrange for some strobe lights, portable dance floor, some flourecent night sticks and some local squirrel..... (popcorn).....Koala man will be the DJ.......YO DJ "E" .....lets bring it on baby.. :music: 
8. Lastly....we need to start doing some Cattle prodding......send out some PM's and emails....and get this train moving out of this stationary position.....

I can handle the Ontario posse.......so you boys to the south....."saddle up.......lock and load"..........and get on your horses.......and lets ride !!!!!!!!    :good:   

CanDman

CanDman

weymouth399

I don't care where, end of the month is OK with me.

We have 3 choices as of right now.

Same place Nice, but treated like children.

Diff place All new experience.

NHMS has all the camping area, million dollar shower room, on premise restaurant, racing going on when we're not riding, prob all the beer we can drink from a friend who owns a brewery in NH that sponsors the legend RC races, (Moat Mtn smokehouse and brewing co) bit far from the same riding areas, but near others.

If RPM Randy came out, they're RC racing at NHMS that weekend. I could Probably find a car for him to use and a bike to ride the rally on. Of course this is me being selfish :shok: most racers are.

I have a open mind about it, again :shok:.

Bob W

i
84 FJ 1100
86 FJ1200
89 FJ1200
5  FJ POWERED race cars
76 LB80 Chappy
93 KX500 ice for sale
00 KX500 ice/dirt
04 KDX220 dirt for sale
04 KX500 ice
08 KLX450 ice/road
72 CT90x2 for sale

A11an0n

1986 FJ1200
2007 Yamaha WR250F

paulfj03

Quote from: weymouth399 on April 22, 2013, 10:03:48 PM

Diff place All new experience.

NHMS has all the camping area, million dollar shower room, on premise restaurant, racing going on when we're not riding, prob all the beer we can drink from a friend who owns a brewery in NH that sponsors the legend RC races, (Moat Mtn smokehouse and brewing co) bit far from the same riding areas, but near others.

Man, I wish I could commint to go! NHMS would be cool!... we wouldnt get much sleep.... :biggrin:  , but, .........  these things happen. :drinks:
That would be cool for me to drive your race car too, Bob!!!! :rofl2: :dance: :biggrin: :good2:................... :bomb: :bomb:

Quote from: A11an0n on April 23, 2013, 01:03:16 AM
My vote is for this place....

www.loughboroughlake.ca/

Yeah, thats a nice spot, too, Dan.   :biggrin: ... maybe an hour ride north to the highlands???   ... maybe less? :pardon: :yahoo:
... there is a nice deck there, too ... it would hold,.... maybe 10 FJs ?? :shok: :shok:

:biggrin:
:drinks:

CanDman

Quote from: A11an0n on April 23, 2013, 01:03:16 AM
My vote is for this place....

www.loughboroughlake.ca/

Which way did the Fox go George........ :crazy:........ :mocking: :rofl: :sarcastic: :lol: :biggrin: :empathy2:........