News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

New FJer UK

Started by Windmill, March 04, 2013, 03:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windmill

Hello to you all from a new convert in N Lincs UK. Great site and I've found plenty useful info already, Thanks :good:

I've recently acquired an 86 US import FJ1200, very tatty and in need of resuscitation......having said that, she just passed MOT and I've put a few more miles on the clock in the last few days. Very impressed with the performance so motors basically good, bit rough low revs - seems well rich on one carb from the 3 clean and one black plugs. Compression is fine on all cyls so I guess I'll be pulling carbs off soon and out with the carb cleaner. Have already modded front brakes with zzr1100 master and fzr400 calipers, much better! Next is zzr clutch m/cyl to match and then replace rear caliper maybe with a similar mod? feels very wooden at the moment although works ok.

Loads more to do like tidy exhausts up, previously modded and welded badly, paint is somewhat challenged and has 1100 fairing. Should keep me out of trouble for a while, not least finding all the info on the forum :smile: Thanks for a great resource :good2:

aviationfred

Welcome to the group, You have caught the disease that we call 'Moditis' early. There is no known cure, There is always something new someone has come up with to make our bikes perform, behave and look better.

Fred
I'm not the fastest FJ rider, I am 'half-fast', the fastest slow guy....

Current
2008 VFR800 RC46 Vtec
1996 VFR750 RC36/2
1990 FJ1300 (1297cc) Casper
1990 VFR750 RC36/1 Minnie
1989 FJ1200 Lazarus, the Streetfighter Project
1985 VF500F RC31 Interceptor

racerman_27410

welcome to the group!    :hi:

KOokaloo!  :good2:

Frank

fj11.5

welcome mate,,enjoy the beast that is fj,, mods will keep you busy  :biggrin:
unless you ride bikes, I mean really ride bikes, then you just won't get it

84 Fj1100  effie , with mods
( 88 ) Fj 1200  fairly standard , + blue spots
84 Fj1100 absolutely stock standard, now more stock , fitted with Fj12 twin system , no rusted headers for this felicity jayne

Windmill

Thanks guys, if there is a better option and it needs changing anyway, why not? Not into change for the sake of it though, only if the results really justify it, economics play some part in the decision making too :cray:. Cheers

fj11.5

i started off making changes to improve her ( 84 ) ,, then swapped things out of neccessity, , back to improvents, then made her my own,,, forks,  brakes,  wheels, body work, rear shock ect ect

84 Fj1100 absolutely stock standard, now more stock , fitted with Fj12 twin system , no rusted headers for this felicity jayne

Windmill

Quote from: fj11.5 on March 04, 2013, 04:38:13 PM
i started off making changes to improve her ( 84 ) ,, then swapped things out of neccessity, , back to improvents, then made her my own,,, forks,  brakes,  wheels, body work, rear shock ect ect

ooh, sounds contagious :flag_of_truce:

fj11.5

yep,, better known as moditis

movenon

Welcome to the group. Glad it passed inspection. Lots of information here and plenty of advise. Don't be shy about asking questions about the beast.  :good2:
George
Life isn't about having the best, but about making the best of what you have...

1990 FJ 1200

fj johnnie

Welcome aboard. Moditis is not a slippery slope, rather a cliff!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy the free fall.

FJmonkey

Welcome, another Ambulance driver joins the ranks. Don't take my comment harshly, I am also known as the Red Power Ranger.... Happy to have you aboard. Once you get her sorted out you will get to know the meaning of Kookalooo...
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

baldy3853

:hi: Welcome aboard once you start there is no going back  :shout: but it only makes them better  :good2: enjoy the ride  :biggrin:
Baldy

Windmill

Thanks for the welcome all. " Power Rangers, KOokaloo, Moditis, Ambulance Drivers" you all sound as mad as me so should fit right in :wacko3: Don't worry George, loads of questions in store already! Will get fettling tomorrow and will no doubt find some more.............. 

keand3

Quote from: Windmill on March 05, 2013, 05:12:14 AM
Thanks for the welcome all. " Power Rangers, KOokaloo, Moditis, Ambulance Drivers" you all sound as mad as me so should fit right in :wacko3: Don't worry George, loads of questions in store already! Will get fettling tomorrow and will no doubt find some more.............. 

Hi and welcome! Well no need for me to explain what kind of people that lurks around on this forum since some of theme already is known to you  :good2:

Cheers
Ken
Whant to check out my photos on the bike??
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=828DDEC8DF631CA5%21103

nurse

Welcome from a local! Of sorts!  Profile says north lincs, grimsby? skegness? humber? i used to work in ling sutton and spalding many moons ago, mind you lincolnshire is huge!

Hope you enjoy the bike and find the group helpfull!
A life has been well lived, if you have planted trees under who's shade you do not expect to sit.

I'm told I'm cynical, pessimistic and generally miserable. I say that I'm realistic! The fact that reality sucks is not my fault!