News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

FNG From Avon Ohio

Started by Jim 92FJ, March 05, 2013, 07:57:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim 92FJ

Hello everyone! I am purchasing a '92 FJ1200 this weekend and wanted to say hello and introduce myself.  I'm a retired Army Master Sergeant and currently work for the Defense Dept. 

I have a 2010 Honda VT1300 and recently sold a 77 Honda Goldwing.  I recently found a pristine FJ with just 8,000 miles on the ticker. I've never seen anything so clean, purchased it from an Engineer. Look forward to chatting with folks about maintenance, rallys, and accessories.

Cheers!

movenon

Welcome ! You are in the right place. Lots of good people and information. You will enjoy the forum and the ride.  :good2: I am retired AF Master Sergent there are others in the forum and you will enjoy the world wide membership here. What area of the country do you live in ?
George
Life isn't about having the best, but about making the best of what you have...

1990 FJ 1200

rktmanfj

Welcome, FNG Jim!

'Pristine', you say...           :biggrin:   :bomb:

Randy T
Indy

Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
Psalms 144:1

'89 FJ1200
'90 FJ1200
'78 XT500
'88 XT350

FJmonkey

Welcome Jim, always room for one more FJ lunatic. With so few miles I hope he ran it or stored it properly, Otherwise your gonna need to clean out them carbs. Tires will need to be changed unless already have been recently. Check all the rubber bits, they don't like to sit.
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

Jim 92FJ

Thanks guys, I posted a couple of photos at the Gallery. The tires are brand new, it fired right up last week and I believe it was like 24 F.   The fellow I'm purchasing it from is (like me) in the over 50 club and took impeccable care of it. More pics to follow this Saturday.

racerman_27410

welcome to the group Jim,

Sounds like a cherry new ride ya found there.

KOokaloo!

Frank

cyclenutk75

Welcome aboard Jim. I'm about 70 miles south of you in Wayne Co. and also a member of the 50+ club.  We'll have to get together for some rides - and maybe even do the NE summer rally in Maine.  According to the weather forecast I'll be riding this weekend.  Keep in touch.

GT
Simplicity of character is the natural result of profound thought.

Jim 92FJ

Thank you all for the warm welcome! Cyclenut, I will have to venture down that way. Look forward to getting out there and zippin around the Amish back roads.. :good2:

yamaha fj rider

Congratulation Jim on getting the FJ and welcome to the group. Sounds like you will fit right in, a lot of 40 or 50+ forum members and ex-military. Think about going to a rally.  :hi:

Kurt
93 FJ1200
FJ 09
YZ250X I still love 2 strokes
Tenere 700
FJR1300ES

The General

Quote from: Jim 92FJ on March 05, 2013, 07:57:24 AM
Hello everyone! I am purchasing a '92 FJ1200 this weekend and wanted to say hello and introduce myself.  I'm a retired Army Master Sergeant and currently work for the Defense Dept. 

I have a 2010 Honda VT1300 and recently sold a 77 Honda Goldwing.  I recently found a pristine FJ with just 8,000 miles on the ticker. I've never seen anything so clean, purchased it from an Engineer. Look forward to chatting with folks about maintenance, rallys, and accessories.

Cheers!

Welcome Jim, from Downunder. Did ya come away from the defense department with any "Goodies"? We need an ally with somethin stronger than a potato cannon!....so our representatives can defend their Aussie honour at your next Rally.
`93 with downside up forks.
`78 XS11/1200 with a bit on the side.
Special edition Rocket Ship ZX14R Kwacka

Jim 92FJ

Yamaha FJ Rider, the General and all,

Thanks guys, I am truly excited about being a part of such an exclusive club. I had a '77 Goldwing that I learned a lot from, and hope to be able to apply that acquired knowledge towards this bike. I did a year in Iraq, 4 years in Germany, 4 years in Italy and 3 years in Korea, but not yet down under, that would be a great experience.  One of my favorite movies was "The World's Fastest Indian".  One of these days I'll venture down there. Also enjoyed "The Long Way Round/Down" and a book called "Jupiter's Travels".   

Utah and Idaho look like places I can make it to on the FJ1200! You guys ever make it up to the Cleveland Ohio Area, look me me up. I got the space!

Klavdy

G'Day there Jim,
nice intro mate, good to hear there's another FJ owner who's into keeping these bikes going.
It'll be riding season in your neck of the woods soon and a few of the listers get together for rides and rallies.
Nowhere is all that far on an FJ and yours sounds like a beauty.
Jump on it and ride out to a rally.
See you there. 
"This guy has got to go. The single most offensive individual I have experienced on the web.
MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

i is a professional website designer, I've built over 100's of sites
And yea I actually get paid for it. about 150 and hour.

1tinindian

Welcome Jim.
I'm pushing the 5-0 and ex-military (USAF) and just have one thing to share with you.
Attend a rally ASAP!!!!!.
We are a great group, ( if I do say so myself) and the rallies I have attended have been some of the best fun on a bike I have ever had.
Some of these guys have some MAD riding skills, and I have learned a lot just being with them.

Make NO excuses! Just DO IT!!
You can thank me later.

Leon
"I want to be free to ride my machine without being hassled by the "man"!
91 FJ1200

Dan Filetti

Welcome Jim.  Nice intro.  You FJ looks beautiful.  A note,  it looks sharp in all black, and you may know this, but I do not believe it's factory paint. She does look good though, and 8K miles is a find indeed.

Dan
Live hardy, or go home. 

movenon

Quote from: Jim 92FJ on March 05, 2013, 06:14:55 PM
Yamaha FJ Rider, the General and all,

One of my favorite movies was "The World's Fastest Indian". 

:good2: :good2: :good2: :good2: :good2: :dance: :rofl:

George
Life isn't about having the best, but about making the best of what you have...

1990 FJ 1200