News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

gday from Queensland.,Aust

Started by ken65, March 25, 2013, 08:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ken65

hehe he, i love the south(cochroach) and north (cane toad) rivalry, lets face it, its the toughest night on the planet, im afraid many of our overseas brothers wouldn't
understand it, i still get a chill up my spine every game...

Charley Farley

Quote from: baldy3853 on March 26, 2013, 04:43:27 AM
:hi: Welcome aboard the FJ nuthouse express disregard anything you here from anyone south of the border  :sarcastic:
we will organise a ride soon for those South east Qld riders enjoy the forum lots of very good stuff here, also look out for more info on the "the Finger freeze ride being organised for mid July 12,13,&14 down Bingara way.
Baldy

Welcome Ken... Even though I dont ride a FJ (I have the faster little brother - the FJR  :lol:) they let me join cause I went to the FJ Rally & kept them amused. They are very tolerant of us younger  "kids"

Two things........... Watch out for Baldy !!! . He insists on being called "Lord Baldy" (which should tell you something) AND he also rides an FJR too  :yahoo:

Yes, keep an eye out for the Finger Freeze ride. It's being organised (as usual) thru the FJR Forum but we welcome our "kissing cousins" to join us. Well in fact, anyone can come along, not really particular what they ride. The organisation of the meet is very casual
'01 FJR1300
'85 SRX250 (The VJMC ride)
'85 GSX250 (in resto)

oz.fj

Hi Ken
Welcome aboard
Did someone say ride  :yahoo:
Lets do it

Darran
89 FJ 1200 Shiny Black
89 FJ 1200 x 3 Red White Silver
92 XR 250
Life is pretty straight without twisties

NJona86FJ

:lol: cockroaches......lol like 5 tackle kicks a real game anyway.... bring on the union.... :good2: :biggrin: :blum1: chuckles.... and went out to crows nest again but took the back? way round past lake prospourous or something... awsome twisties out there... hurry up ken i can sense a weekend squirt coming on...... and i promise not to wash the old 1tx so it WONT RAIN!!!!!
Some people's idea of free speech is that they are free to say what they like,but if anyone says anything back that is an outrage.
W. Churchill

fj11.5

welcome mate,, another bloody aussie  :biggrin: ,, pyramid plastics sell new belly pans,, look for them on ebay
unless you ride bikes, I mean really ride bikes, then you just won't get it

84 Fj1100  effie , with mods
( 88 ) Fj 1200  fairly standard , + blue spots
84 Fj1100 absolutely stock standard, now more stock , fitted with Fj12 twin system , no rusted headers for this felicity jayne

ken65

got a reply from pyramid plastics and they quoted me 60 pound postage, thats nearly a 100 bucks, i got a set of rd engine cases(upper and lower) posted for 55 pounds,about the same size and much heavier.
anyway i will be patient and see if some come up for sale here, are these things rare ?

im up for a ride

Harvy

Quote from: ken65 on March 26, 2013, 11:20:24 PM
got a reply from pyramid plastics and they quoted me 60 pound postage, thats nearly a 100 bucks, i got a set of rd engine cases(upper and lower) posted for 55 pounds,about the same size and much heavier.
anyway i will be patient and see if some come up for sale here, are these things rare ?

im up for a ride

Yes pretty rare Ken and quite expensive......they do come up on eBay occasionally. There is also a place in Europe (France from memory) that also make them in fibreglass - but I can't remember the company ....maybe someone here can remember the name - they also make the double round headlight upper fairing.

Cheers
Harvy
FJZ1 1200 - It'll do me just fine.
Timing has much to do with the success of a rain dance.

Harvy

Ken....I've just found this mob:

http://www.prixhistoric.com.au/index.html

They used to be in Armidale, but i see they have moved down to Victoria.
See how you go with them

Cheers
Harvy
FJZ1 1200 - It'll do me just fine.
Timing has much to do with the success of a rain dance.

ken65

thanks for that link Harvy, they have them , just need to bite the bullet, i will wait till the bike gets here next week and see weather or not i can live without it for a while.
I see your in brighton aswell, i will send you a pm soon, regards ken. PS you may have seen me riding around and vice versa, im out and about just about everyday locally.

baldy3853

Hey Ken I'm just down the road as well and the general is just up the road, will organize something soon, before I head off to the US for the WCR
Baldy

ken65

The General

Quote from: baldy3853 on March 27, 2013, 01:31:42 AM
Hey Ken I'm just down the road as well and the general is just up the road, will organize something soon, before I head off to the US for the WCR
Baldy
:hi: Yep, lookin forward to meeting another FJ Local, Welcome Ken. Hey Baldy, What date do you go to the Brissie airport?
`93 with downside up forks.
`78 XS11/1200 with a bit on the side.
Special edition Rocket Ship ZX14R Kwacka

ribbert

Quote from: ken65 on March 25, 2013, 10:25:44 PM
its the silvery grey with the blue and purple stripes, just cutious, any good belly pan sellers out there?

Have you tried Formaz in the Sydney, they wreck a lot of FJ's
He is currently advertising the plastics from one, doesn't specifically mention the belly pan though.

Noel
"Tell a wise man something he doesn't know and he'll thank you, tell a fool something he doesn't know and he'll abuse you"

ken65

thanks noel,, i googled formaz but nothing turned up, is that his name

ribbert

Quote from: ken65 on March 27, 2013, 04:54:07 AM
thanks noel,, i googled formaz but nothing turned up, is that his name

Try this:  http://myworld.ebay.com.au/formaz34/&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2754

He doesn't advertise all his stuff, but many of us here have bought from him and he always seems to have FJ's

Noel
"Tell a wise man something he doesn't know and he'll thank you, tell a fool something he doesn't know and he'll abuse you"