News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

Idles fine but dies on acceleration.

Started by wJeffreyCox, March 29, 2013, 10:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wJeffreyCox

1990 FJ1200 - after riding 5 miles and stopping and turning off engine (getting gas), on restart the bike idles fine, but dies when given gas. After waiting 15 minutes it runs fine again. This is a repeatable problem. Any ideas why?

fj11.5

possible the fuel tank breather is blocked, or you have a kinked fuel line, , open the fuel cap and go for a ride see if it happens, , and make sure your fuel line is ran right,, should be info in the files section
unless you ride bikes, I mean really ride bikes, then you just won't get it

84 Fj1100  effie , with mods
( 88 ) Fj 1200  fairly standard , + blue spots
84 Fj1100 absolutely stock standard, now more stock , fitted with Fj12 twin system , no rusted headers for this felicity jayne

movenon

Can you hear the fuel pump when you turn the ignition on ? Be aware there is or should be, a fuel filter under the fuel tank. Things to check anyhow. Keep us posted.
George
Life isn't about having the best, but about making the best of what you have...

1990 FJ 1200

yamaha fj rider

I had a problem like this once, turned out to be some water had gotten in to the tank. We drained all the fuel, fresh gas, problem solved. I don't know if this is your problem but it was simple fix and it might eliminate one possible source of the problem. Hope this helps.

Kurt       
93 FJ1200
FJ 09
YZ250X I still love 2 strokes
Tenere 700
FJR1300ES

Windmill

Quote from: yamaha fj rider on March 30, 2013, 10:17:58 AM
I had a problem like this once, turned out to be some water had gotten in to the tank. We drained all the fuel, fresh gas, problem solved. I don't know if this is your problem but it was simple fix and it might eliminate one possible source of the problem. Hope this helps.

Kurt       

Definitely something to check anyway, especially if kept out in the weather. Mine had a pint and a half of water in it when I got it, ran awful funny  :biggrin: