News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Hello =)

Started by Brad, April 02, 2013, 03:30:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad

Hello All....

My name is Brad and am in the Portland,OR area.
I now own a 1984 fj1100. My brother found it in sacramento,ca so I flew down and rode it back.
I try to be a full time ridder. If you see me driving my car...it means my bike is broken, or it is snowing(not too big on ridding in the snow)

My plan now is to work on the bike as much as I can over the next year and a half, then ship myself and the bike to Europe and do some 'backpacking'

Cheers!

Brad
Faster than a speeding ticket!
1984 FJ1100

keand3

Welcome Brad!

If you do a backpacking in Europe with your bike, take the trip up north to Norway and Sweden and say hi to fellow FJ owners  :good2:
Been thinking the same thing too, taking my bike to US for a "Grand Tour"  :good2: Damn, It's cheaper to ship my bike, then it is for the flightticket...  :dash1:

Cheers
Ken
Whant to check out my photos on the bike??
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=828DDEC8DF631CA5%21103

movenon

Welcome ! Don't worry this is a world wide organization  :good2: :good2:
George
Life isn't about having the best, but about making the best of what you have...

1990 FJ 1200

FJmonkey

Welcome to the club, if you have it running well enough you can join us the WCR at the end of May.
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

racerman_27410

Welcome to the group!

I'm sure you will find the FJ to be a willing travel companion!

KOokaloo!

Frank

Thmsdoyle

Welcome, don't forget to consult the kids across the pond when planning your trip. I'm sure they have some fantastic twisty's to test your bike out.
Tommy D.

Brad

Quote from: keand3 on April 02, 2013, 03:47:46 PM
Welcome Brad!

If you do a backpacking in Europe with your bike, take the trip up north to Norway and Sweden and say hi to fellow FJ owners  :good2:
Been thinking the same thing too, taking my bike to US for a "Grand Tour"  :good2: Damn, It's cheaper to ship my bike, then it is for the flightticket...  :dash1:

Cheers
Ken

I am trying to take August of 2014 to go over there, but I am not sure if I will be able to get the whole month off of work....but we will see. :good2:

I would LOVE :yahoo: to meet up with other riders across the big pond! What a blast that would be!
If....or should I say WHEN I make it over there I will for sure look up everyone I can.  :drinks:
1984 FJ1100

Brad

Quote from: movenon on April 02, 2013, 04:32:22 PM
Welcome ! Don't worry this is a world wide organization  :good2: :good2:
George

At least Idaho is much closer.  :biggrin:
1984 FJ1100

Brad

Quote from: FJmonkey on April 02, 2013, 05:06:18 PM
Welcome to the club, if you have it running well enough you can join us the WCR at the end of May.

First...I have to ask what the WCR is?

Second, I have not had a chance to check your thread...how did the carbs turn out?
1984 FJ1100

Brad

Quote from: racerman_27410 on April 02, 2013, 05:07:59 PM
Welcome to the group!

I'm sure you will find the FJ to be a willing travel companion!

KOokaloo!

Frank

I almost wish the speedo worked on my bike sometimes...I wonder how many miles I have already put on it...lol.

I am loving this bike, at first my thought was to rent a Ducati when I went over...but after riding this for the last few months I figure why not just put the money in this I was going to use to rent one.

My brother has an extra motor for it, so I plan on building one fresh over the next year...and re-doing the whole bike, that way I am riding something that I know like the back of my hand.

I have a feeling this forum is going to do me a lot of good.  :drinks:
1984 FJ1100

Brad

Quote from: Thmsdoyle on April 02, 2013, 05:14:15 PM
Welcome, don't forget to consult the kids across the pond when planning your trip. I'm sure they have some fantastic twisty's to test your bike out.

Oh...I plan to...I have been talking to a few people that I know that live in Rome, and I have a friend that has been backpacking the world for the last 7 years that I get to goto for pointers.

I hate to wish time by..but I can't wait! :dash2:
1984 FJ1100

aviationfred

Quote from: Brad on April 02, 2013, 06:51:10 PM

Second, I have not had a chance to check your thread...how did the carbs turn out?

WCR is West Coast Rally in Petaluma, CA. May 30th - June 2nd. Look in the Rally file section to get more info.

Fred
I'm not the fastest FJ rider, I am 'half-fast', the fastest slow guy....

Current
2008 VFR800 RC46 Vtec
1996 VFR750 RC36/2
1990 FJ1300 (1297cc) Casper
1990 VFR750 RC36/1 Minnie
1989 FJ1200 Lazarus, the Streetfighter Project
1985 VF500F RC31 Interceptor

FJmonkey

Welcome Brad, your odometer should still work. It is a separate device inside the speedo. Check the cable and both ends, I think your cable is not spinning. Your speedo may still be good.
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

Brad

Quote from: FJmonkey on April 02, 2013, 08:03:18 PM
Welcome Brad, your odometer should still work. It is a separate device inside the speedo. Check the cable and both ends, I think your cable is not spinning. Your speedo may still be good.

When I got the bike it didn't have a cable at all....when I got the new front tire for it...I splerged and got a cable...I was totally bumed when I went flying down the street and it still didn't move.  :dash2:
So I unhooked it from the tire side and hooked a drill up to it...still nothing...that all took place in the last week, and I have not had the time yet to pull apart the front end to poke around and see what is going on.
My front cluster is pretty beat up(only paid 600 for the bike) so it may just become a 'mad max' bike and just go aftermarket speedo,tack, and fuel gauge.
1984 FJ1100

Brad

Quote from: aviationfred on April 02, 2013, 07:30:04 PM
Quote from: Brad on April 02, 2013, 06:51:10 PM

WCR is West Coast Rally in Petaluma, CA. May 30th - June 2nd. Look in the Rally file section to get more info.

I will have to see if I have been a good enough boy to be able to go that far...I got in a little trouble with the courts...oops
That is another reason I am going to do my Europe trip next year..kind of a pat on my back for myself for staying out of trouble...he.he

Fred
1984 FJ1100