News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

Adding a fuel pump to a FJ1100 Thoughts? Overkill?

Started by ccsct203, September 19, 2009, 08:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ccsct203

Any one ever add a fuel pump to a fj1100 if not is it possile
and if so what are your thoughts as to the benefits or the downside
I have a Pingel valve now
If it's not broken, fix it anyways

MyFirstNameIsPaul

It will do nothing for power and it could leave you stranded on the side of the road if it breaks.

andyb

You'll also have to change your float needles/seats as well to cope.

Why bother?  I could see wanting a pump if you were going to forced induction or nitrous, but there's little purpose otherwise.

ccsct203

Thanks for the input.
It came with my FJ turbo setup and I kept it when I sold my turbo system a month ago

thuber3040

Depending on the psi output of the pump it would overrun the needles and seats and give you a very nice fountain effect.
Did the turbo setup come with a different carb configuration?
There was a shop in Indiana that turbo'ed a  street gsxr1100, the guy who did it lasted less than a month before killing himself.
1985 FJ1100 Finally Home
1984 FJ1100 New purchase
1978 KZ1327
1973 H2

ccsct203

The turbo system was a Mr. Turbo setup and had a single 38mm (?) Mikuni it was not an RS like I have now
the model escapes me

rude

I thought they all came stock with a pump. I have a 1989 and the pump went out last year. Replaced it with a automotive pump with similar output. Ordered from Summit Racing for $40. The OEM was around $200 if I remember correctly. No problems for the past 5k miles.

MyFirstNameIsPaul

RichBaker

Quote from: rude on September 22, 2009, 08:20:39 AM
I thought they all came stock with a pump. I have a 1989 and the pump went out last year. Replaced it with a automotive pump with similar output. Ordered from Summit Racing for $40. The OEM was around $200 if I remember correctly. No problems for the past 5k miles.

3rd Gen(88-90) went to the pump for a simulated reserve function....
Rich Baker - NRA Life, AZCDL, Trail Riders of S. AZ. , AMA Life, BRC, HEAT Dirt Riders, SAMA....
Tennessee Squire
90 FJ1200, 03 WR450F ;8^P