News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

85 FJ1100 first bike and love at first ride.

Started by fj316, April 18, 2013, 07:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fj11.5

unless you ride bikes, I mean really ride bikes, then you just won't get it

84 Fj1100  effie , with mods
( 88 ) Fj 1200  fairly standard , + blue spots
84 Fj1100 absolutely stock standard, now more stock , fitted with Fj12 twin system , no rusted headers for this felicity jayne

Bones

Welcome Kai, Your story about holding on for dear life gave me a chuckle. a lot of people underestimate these bikes until they ride them.  Tony. :good2:
93 fj1200
79 suzuki gt250x7

Too young to be old but old enough to know better.

fj316

Quote from: fintip on May 10, 2013, 01:17:05 PM
You said '85, but that's an '86 fairing you've got on the front.

Pinkslip says '85 but the bike has been pretty frankenbuilt as far as I can tell. Didn't realise the fairing was and 86 though but I've wondered due to the turn indicators. Thanks for the headsup. =D

Quote from: fj11.5 on May 10, 2013, 06:21:33 PM
I actually like the crazed paint look  :good2:

Thanks! I really do too so I'm trying to keep it as much "as is" as I possibly can. Having a hard time with the plastic and mesh covers that go along side the tank that are more gaffa tape than anything else now but I'll probably come up with some kind of solution or replacement for them in the future.  (popcorn)

Quote from: Bones on May 11, 2013, 01:06:29 AM
Welcome Kai, Your story about holding on for dear life gave me a chuckle. a lot of people underestimate these bikes until they ride them.  Tony. :good2:

Always glad to spread some joy, and yeah I've learned to love and respect its potential and will never part with this machine as long as i live and breathe.  :good2:

fj11.5

I had the same problems with the fj in my profile pic, fairing just wouldn't stay together,  rough po,  guess 86 are the same,  inner panels are part of the fairing and can't be removed easily,, changed mine to 88/89 plastics
unless you ride bikes, I mean really ride bikes, then you just won't get it

84 Fj1100  effie , with mods
( 88 ) Fj 1200  fairly standard , + blue spots
84 Fj1100 absolutely stock standard, now more stock , fitted with Fj12 twin system , no rusted headers for this felicity jayne