News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

New member from Pittsburgh,Pa.

Started by mick, September 25, 2009, 10:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mick

Hello! Been riding a white/silver 89 for about 13 years now. Still think it is the perfect bike for me. Yamaha really got it right with this one. Just hope I can find a nice clean one when mine wears out!

higbonzo

Mick,

Hello and Welcome    :greeting:

I don't know that you can wear these bikes out.  I know one guy put over 300,000 miles on the same bike.  He had a few different engines in it and it was highly modified to keep pace with modern bikes, but it was still running and performing great when he finally sold the bike.  He move on to a ZZR1200, and the biggest reason was for the 6 speed trans.  So, I don't think you will be looking for another bike any time soon.  :good:

Later, Phil :bye2:

threejagsteve

Hello, mick, and welcome!

Kookaloo! . .
"If you wanna bark with the big dogs, you can't pee with the puppies!"

Dan Filetti

Welcome here Mick.

Good group here.  I think you'll find a lot of useful information here and a fine community of people, IMO.

2X on the not being able to wear wear out an FJ.  Although, like any machine, it's possible, with proper maintenance they can go a long long time.

Dan
Live hardy, or go home. 

mick

Thanks guys! 300k on the same bike, now that is a dedicated FJ guy.

Ratchet_72

Quote from: mick on September 25, 2009, 10:22:45 PM
Hello! Been riding a white/silver 89 for about 13 years now. Still think it is the perfect bike for me. Yamaha really got it right with this one. Just hope I can find a nice clean one when mine wears out!
There's a ton of em out here (California), I always passed on  em being partial to the 86/87 an all. :drinks:
Jason Cox
-------------------------------
2000 Honda CBR1100XX
1977 Ironhead
Sacto, CA.