News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

new aussie fj1200 owner

Started by sean91fj, May 27, 2013, 06:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LillioftheValley

Hello!
I am so excited for you! From what I've seen you are going to loooove this bike and all the adventures you'll have it. Hopefully we will see you at next years rally!!
May the road rise to meet you,
may the wind be ever at your back, and
may the sun shine warm upon your face.

fj11.5

Always had a soft spot for gpz 9,s  :good2: ,,, the shark fin screen was standard on that year fj,  never ridden an fj with one but some say they work ok  :scratch_one-s_head:
unless you ride bikes, I mean really ride bikes, then you just won't get it

84 Fj1100  effie , with mods
( 88 ) Fj 1200  fairly standard , + blue spots
84 Fj1100 absolutely stock standard, now more stock , fitted with Fj12 twin system , no rusted headers for this felicity jayne

sean91fj

Thanks Lilli !

Same here fj11.5, ever since i was a teenager.

Had a long ride today with earplugs, much better !  :good2:

Still may change the screen though !

ribbert

Quote from: sean91fj on June 05, 2013, 11:33:28 PM

Still may change the screen though !

Sean, I wasted a lot of time and money before I realised they are pretty good. The noise used to drive me nuts, half of it was vibration noise and half wind noise. The engine mount fix and ear plugs fixed that. I tried deflectors, and Eagle touring screen, which is still in the garage with about 5 kms use and I still have a lot of ideas to try out but I sort of lost interest as it no longer annoys me.

What I realised is that despite the noise, it offers good protection from wind and rain and at 5'10" the wind hits about half way up my visor which is not enough to knock my helmet around. So, I can ride all day at any speed without the fatigue of bracing myself against the wind.

Arnie has a duck bill mounted to the top of his which he likes. I tried his spare on my bike and didn't find enough improvement to warrant fitting it ( I think my helmet may be noisy too) Arnie is also considerably taller.

If you find a screen that is a significant improvement over the standard one, let me know and I will buy one in a heartbeat.

Noel
"Tell a wise man something he doesn't know and he'll thank you, tell a fool something he doesn't know and he'll abuse you"

sean91fj

Hi Noel,

Im sure you've done enough searching for all of us ! 

We are about the same height so I guess we should have similar results, I have never had this issue before nor have I had a bike that is so good on the freeway !   :good2:

I had a pretty long freeway ride today (on purpose) and am really happy with how well even cheap ear plugs worked so all is good !

Thanks for your advice.

FJSpringy

Did we have fun on the speed bumps at the twin servo's :rofl:
I have kleptomania,
but when it gets bad,
I take something for it.

92 FJ1200

sean91fj

Quote from: FJSpringy on June 06, 2013, 07:20:37 AM
Did we have fun on the speed bumps at the twin servo's :rofl:
Sorry mate you've lost me there, haven't been up there yet.