News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

Hi from Vancouver Island

Started by Bryce, June 06, 2013, 01:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryce

Hey there, I picked up a 1984 FJ1100 about a week ago.  Bike's in really good condition considering its age, I'm just in the middle of finding replacements for some of the rubber pieces that have rotted away.  Rear brake needs new pads too, but other than that it looks pretty good.  Have a look:

Flying Scotsman

1984 FJ1100
1985 FJ1100
1990 FJ1200
1999 GP1200 (165 + hp)

movenon

Welcome to the group. The bike likes like a "bute".  :good2:
George
Life isn't about having the best, but about making the best of what you have...

1990 FJ 1200

racerman_27410

nice score.... bike looks mint!

Welcome to the group!

KOokaloo!

fj johnnie

Tiger

:hi: WOW...nice find :good2:

Hi and welcome to the nut house...and a great bunch of nutters reside here :lol: :rofl: :rofl2:... :biggrin:

John
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in an attractive & well preserved body...but rather to slide in sideways, body completely worn out and and with your last dying breath screaming, "HOOOYA LIFE, lets try that again"!!!

fj11.5

Welcome mate,looks like she just rolled off the showroom floor :good2:
unless you ride bikes, I mean really ride bikes, then you just won't get it

84 Fj1100  effie , with mods
( 88 ) Fj 1200  fairly standard , + blue spots
84 Fj1100 absolutely stock standard, now more stock , fitted with Fj12 twin system , no rusted headers for this felicity jayne

Bones

Welcome Bryce,

Bike looks good, you'll have plenty of fun on it.
93 fj1200
79 suzuki gt250x7

Too young to be old but old enough to know better.

FJmonkey

Welcome fellow Red and White owner...
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

Derek Young

Hi Bryce. Where on the Island are you? I'm in Nanaimo. Let me know what you need, I have a bunch of spare parts.

Derek
1986 FJ1200 (R.I.P.)
1991 FJ1200
Nanaimo, British Columbia

Persistant

Hi Bryce,

Another fellow Islander!  I'm up in Campbell River.  There is a number of FJ owners on the Island (not all belong to the group and don't know what they are missing).  Maybe you me and Derek can get together for a ride sometime soon!

Cheers,

Andrew

aviationfred

Welcome to the group.  :hi:

Fred
I'm not the fastest FJ rider, I am 'half-fast', the fastest slow guy....

Current
2008 VFR800 RC46 Vtec
1996 VFR750 RC36/2
1990 FJ1300 (1297cc) Casper
1990 VFR750 RC36/1 Minnie
1989 FJ1200 Lazarus, the Streetfighter Project
1985 VF500F RC31 Interceptor

Bryce

Thanks guys.  I'm in Port Alberni, by the way.  Don't worry about those spare parts though Derek, I've already found what I need online - I appreciate it anyways though.  Still waiting on ICBC to approve my collector's plates before I can get out and ride it, hopefully they don't take too long.

-Bryce

Derek Young

A group of us  ride up to P A every couple weeks in the summer.  We usually have a bite at J N L drive in, then head home. My collector plates only took a couple weeks for my 86.

Derek
1986 FJ1200 (R.I.P.)
1991 FJ1200
Nanaimo, British Columbia

CanDman

very nice Bryce.......looks mint....welcome aboard..... :drinks:.....I really have to get out to the west coast one of these days......
CanDman
Never regret your choices in life ! There is no way to go back to do it again and compare. Make the most and do your best with every decision you make