News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

New FJ1100 owner

Started by Motorheaddad, June 13, 2013, 12:38:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Motorheaddad

Hi everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a new FJ owner (previous XJ owner). I picked up a running 85 FJ for $900, seems like a good deal the more I read about these bikes. Well I've been reading through a lot of the modification threads the last couple of weeks. WOW!!! You guys have thought of everything. Mod forum is just packed full of info, that is where you will probably find me or in the for sale section. Since I will be either modifying the bike, buying and selling parts. Anyway, HI!!!

aviationfred

Welcome to the group, what part of the world are you from? There is a wealth of knowledge here, all you have to do is ask.

Fred
I'm not the fastest FJ rider, I am 'half-fast', the fastest slow guy....

Current
2008 VFR800 RC46 Vtec
1996 VFR750 RC36/2
1990 FJ1300 (1297cc) Casper
1990 VFR750 RC36/1 Minnie
1989 FJ1200 Lazarus, the Streetfighter Project
1985 VF500F RC31 Interceptor

fj11.5

Welcome mate, sounds like you scored a bargain  :good2:
unless you ride bikes, I mean really ride bikes, then you just won't get it

84 Fj1100  effie , with mods
( 88 ) Fj 1200  fairly standard , + blue spots
84 Fj1100 absolutely stock standard, now more stock , fitted with Fj12 twin system , no rusted headers for this felicity jayne

movenon

Welcome to the group. Lots of good people here. Where are you located in the world and when you get some time post some pictures.
George
Life isn't about having the best, but about making the best of what you have...

1990 FJ 1200

Motorheaddad

Located in sunny San Diego California, where it's always riding season!!! Pictures are still on the camera, I'll upload them once I download them

craigo

Hey there,

Welcome to the group. I too am in San Diego out Lakeside way.

CraigO
CraigO
90FJ1200

VaughanCustoms

Yeah hell of a deal for that kind of money. I was in a similar boat with mine ran but not great but I payed $1200  :dash1:
Built not bought is always my motto.
1967 Mercury Cougar 289 4V bored .30 over forged internals full ground up build
1998 Ford Mustang Cobra convertible DOHC 4.6 .30 over forged internals, future turbo car. 400 rwhp.
1984 Yamaha FJ1100 street fighter V&H exhaust, re-jet, K&N pods.

Tiger

:hi: Hi and welcome :good:

An '85 eh...I think you picked the best year for an FJ :good2: but maybe I'm just kinda biased as I run an '85  :rofl2: :lol: :rofl:... :biggrin:

John.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in an attractive & well preserved body...but rather to slide in sideways, body completely worn out and and with your last dying breath screaming, "HOOOYA LIFE, lets try that again"!!!

FJmonkey

Welcome to the Kookaloo zone... It is a real word, urban dictionary has it listed.....
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

Motorheaddad

Nice! Someone local to bounce ideas off of!!! I'm in Chula Vista

craigo

Quote from: Motorheaddad on June 14, 2013, 11:01:48 AM
Nice! Someone local to bounce ideas off of!!! I'm in Chula Vista

Great, let's hook up for a ride sometime. We can meet out at Otay and 94. I work weekends so anytime during the week would be great. Head up to Campo, over to Sunrise and either hit Julian or down 79 to Descanso. Then there is Japatul to Lyons Valley.

PM me or just post back here.  :good2:

CraigO
CraigO
90FJ1200

Motorheaddad

Sounds good. That's always a fun ride. Nice and windey! But, it's gonna be a while. I'm tearing the bike completely apart.