News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Leather Repair from Taylor Leather Repair

Started by Mike Ramos, June 15, 2013, 12:21:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Ramos

To anyone in need of quality leather repair...

When the seams of my riding pants began to fail (from a well known Bay Area leather business) it was recommended that I contact Barbara of Taylor Leather Repair. Check out their web site.

Because of the tawdry behavior of the [unmentioned] business from whom the pants were originally purchased someone new was needed to repair the garment.

Normally garments are shipped to Taylor Leather Repair.  However, I wished to visit the place of business & speak directly with Barbara to ensure that the pants were repaired properly; for after discovering that some of the seams were originally stitched [by the original unmentioned leather business] with cotton instead of the proper thread, assurance was needed that repairs would be done correctly.

Well, in just a few minutes any reservations were allayed as hanging on the rack were racing suits such as Vanson & street based riding jackets & pants in various stages of repair or awaiting shipment.  It was explained clearly and knowledgeably the repairs that were needed and just how they were intended to be implemented.

In my case, the original seams in question were reinforced and the repairs that were performed were strengthened by at least one visible gusset and internal seams that are not visible.  The pants were left with them & they were shipped back to me ahead of schedule. 

Overall it was a very good experience with a qualified individual. 

Ride carefully,

Mike Ramos.