News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Hi there

Started by fuel80guy, July 07, 2013, 02:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fuel80guy

In 1983 I bought a Suzuki gs 750e,,,,,then the next model year yamaha came out with the fj 1100 and I fell in love with it.Sold my Suzuki to get married but vowed to get an fj one day.Got married had 2 kids,got divorced and my next spouse just gave me the green light to buy an fj.
I found an85 fj1100 with 50,000klm and it's a bit rough but it's a project.I know a very good bike painter so I'm hoping to keep it close to original as I can.
My bike should be good to go next spring.
I enjoy this forum and I've made 2 contacts for parts so far.
I'm located in Niagara region in Ontario.
Thanks Rob

movenon

Welcome Rob. Glad you got a FJ. They are a very repairable bike. Post some pictures someday.
George
Life isn't about having the best, but about making the best of what you have...

1990 FJ 1200

Sabre093

I'm doing upgrades on my 86 so if ya need anything let me know,got rotors,brand new Avon Radial tire rear and soon my 16" rims and forks and entire brake system will be swapped out
2009 FJR 1300
1992 FJ 1200
1987 FJ 1200 Sold
1986 FJ 1200 Sold
1985 Venture Royale
1976 GoldWing
1986 FZ 750
1986 GPZ 900
1984 Honda Nighthawk S 750
1982 Honda Nighthawk 450

fj11.5

Welcome mate, and welcome back to the sanity of bikes  :good2:
unless you ride bikes, I mean really ride bikes, then you just won't get it

84 Fj1100  effie , with mods
( 88 ) Fj 1200  fairly standard , + blue spots
84 Fj1100 absolutely stock standard, now more stock , fitted with Fj12 twin system , no rusted headers for this felicity jayne

Tiger

:hi: Hi and welcome... :good2: There are a goodly amount of us here in Ontario and a couple of guys in the 'golden horseshoe area :good:

I'm running an '85 that I picked up last year... :i_am_so_happy:

John.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in an attractive & well preserved body...but rather to slide in sideways, body completely worn out and and with your last dying breath screaming, "HOOOYA LIFE, lets try that again"!!!

fj johnnie

Hello Fuel80guy. John here, also in Niagara. Ridgeville to be exact. If you need help or any parts send me a PM and I will do what I can. I have two FJ's and one in parts, so some things you need I may be able to help you with.

FJmonkey

Welcome Rob, this is my second home, just like family here with a digital campfire as well... Happy you could join in...
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

CanDman

Hoi Rob........welcome to the club.......look forward to getting together.......I love the falls......been there many many times......I imagine there are some decent roads around there.....anyway.....talk to you soon
CanDman
PS........check out some of the Ontario posts.....like Tiger said, there are a lot of us Southern O .....looking for an excuse to get together.... :drinks: 
Never regret your choices in life ! There is no way to go back to do it again and compare. Make the most and do your best with every decision you make

jasonblood

Photos of your build would be most impressive! Look forward to read about your victories and blunders.