News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

2013 east coast fall rally

Started by FJscott, July 11, 2013, 02:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mst3kguy

it appears i will be arriving a few hours before carey and herny.  who all will be at the section 8 rally point, i'll come and hang out there for a bit.
dean
2014 triumph street triple r
2019 ktm 1290 superduke gt

rlucas

Quote from: ddlewis on September 16, 2013, 11:36:41 AM
Rock - in your honor we will take turns wearing red disco boots, sipping whatever gets passed and talking at length using big and possibly made up words that nobody is 100% on the meaning.  I'm glad you're still checking inthe and thinking about ECRs.. Maybe Boone?

I don't know what you mean. "Possibly made up words"? Au contraire, mon frere. That would be unforgivably gauche. And as for the so-called "disco boots", they're temporarily hors d'combat because the FJ is currently unregistered and they clash with the Wee-Strom, hence I would be thus commiting a fashion faux pas.

Boone...I sure hope so.

Rossi
We're not a club. Clubs have rules. Pay dues. Wear hats and shit.

"Y'all might be faster than me, but you didn't have more fun than I did." Eric McClellan (RIP '15)

rktmanfj

Rock - in your honor we will take turns wearing red disco boots,

Dood, you gotta learn the difference between disco boots:

...and bowling shoes.     :biggrin:

Randy T
Indy

Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
Psalms 144:1

'89 FJ1200
'90 FJ1200
'78 XT500
'88 XT350

ddlewis

Quote from: not a lib on September 16, 2013, 02:24:25 PM

I can't keep track of y'alls crazy ass footwear..  :blum2:

Thmsdoyle

I'll be leaving early Thursday arriving cmt campground early afternoon. See you all then.
Tommy D.

carey

QuoteDood, you gotta learn the difference between disco boots:

Dood,

Those boots gave their life to protect my son on my 25th anniversary.  May they rest in peace.

rktmanfj

I should be there around 4-5pm today...   :good2:

Randy T
Indy

Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
Psalms 144:1

'89 FJ1200
'90 FJ1200
'78 XT500
'88 XT350

FJscott

We're leaving savannah in the morning, should hit Tellico mid afternoon

giantkiller

I'll be leaving early tomorrow morning. The plan was to meet my brother in Nashville. Stay the night in motel,and ride the rest of the way together. But he's been having a hard time fixing all the little things on the 86 he just bought. And then he noticed last night that the back tire is mounted backwards. And he can't get a replacement in time and doesn't know if he should ride it that way. You know how they say they will delamenate. And traction in rain.

So I may be coming down by myself again
86 fj1350r
86 fj1380t turbo drag toy (soon)
87 fj1200 865 miles crashed for parts
89 fj1200 touring 2up
87 fzr1000 crashed
87 fzr750r Human Race teams world endurance champion
93 fzr600 Vance n hines ltd for sale
Custom chopper I built
Mini chopper I built for my daughter just like the big 1

Smola67

My plan is to trailer up early wed morning with both bikes and plan to arrive before or around noon.

rlucas

Quote from: not a lib on September 16, 2013, 02:24:25 PM
Rock - in your honor we will take turns wearing red disco boots,

The "bowling shoes" in the picture are not the footwear to which Danny's referring. That's just a cheap-ass pair of patent-leather high-tops that happened to be in '86 FJ colors and I thought it might be good for a laugh.

THESE are the Disco Boots:

http://www.fjrally.com/picgallery/gallery.asp?action=viewimage&categoryid=8&text=&imageid=755&box=&shownew=

Rossi
We're not a club. Clubs have rules. Pay dues. Wear hats and shit.

"Y'all might be faster than me, but you didn't have more fun than I did." Eric McClellan (RIP '15)

mst3kguy

pulled into the rally hq campground around 530 and not a soul there.  what kind of headquarters are you guys running, anyway?  there was a "welcome fj rally" banner...
dean
2014 triumph street triple r
2019 ktm 1290 superduke gt

FJmonkey

Quote from: mst3kguy on September 17, 2013, 06:57:29 PM
pulled into the rally hq campground around 530 and not a soul there.  what kind of headquarters are you guys running, anyway?  there was a "welcome fj rally" banner...

No Beer wagon!!!  :ireful: :ireful: :ireful:
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

gearheadstu

Apparently my 50/50 turned out to be 0/0. I hate that I'll miss the rally, but I'll see you goobers in Boone.
Stu

Smola67