News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Australian FJ Anniversary Rally; March 8, 2014

Started by The General, July 15, 2013, 04:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CanDman

Never regret your choices in life ! There is no way to go back to do it again and compare. Make the most and do your best with every decision you make

aviationfred

Here is an interesting clip on the 777 engines.

http://youtu.be/Rac87fY6w-M

The company I work for builds the inlets and nacelles of the 777 for Boeing. I can stand in the inlet and not reach up and touch the top of the inlet.

Fred
I'm not the fastest FJ rider, I am 'half-fast', the fastest slow guy....

Current
2008 VFR800 RC46 Vtec
1996 VFR750 RC36/2
1990 FJ1300 (1297cc) Casper
1990 VFR750 RC36/1 Minnie
1989 FJ1200 Lazarus, the Streetfighter Project
1985 VF500F RC31 Interceptor

FJmonkey

The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

FeralRdr

Quote from: Bozo on February 04, 2014, 08:18:23 PM

If you look very carefully at the wings during take-off they actually "flap", as for the fairy dust the Easter bunny told me that was just a myth.

Hmmmmmmmm......  Internet or Easter Bunny, it is a conundrum on who is a more credible source.  :unknown:

And, on a side note, don't eat the Jelly Beans.  :nea:

Quote from: pdxfj on February 04, 2014, 09:28:17 PM

Hmm... if that's the case, I don't think we want to know what she does to de-ice a plane..  :wacko3:

Agreed.   :blush:

Arnie

----- FREE ACCOMMODATION ----- FREE ACCOMMODATION -----

That's right, free :-)

Anyone heading to the FJ Rally at Jindabyne from west of Geelong, is welcome to overnight on Wednesday 5th March at my place, just NW of Geelong.

I have plenty of shed space for bikes, and room for up to (maybe) 10 people (depending on your shyness).

So, if you're coming via the Great Ocean Road, or Hamilton Hwy, or Princes Hwy you can save your $$ for the more important things, like beer and petrol.  
PM me here for exact directions if interested.

Timbo-1

Hi all, have been watching for awhile and just can't stand to miss out on what's shaping up to be one hell of a weekend  :drinks: :good2: so count me in... :yahoo:
Room booked and plan to leave home/Gladstone on Wednesday. Posable hock up with others on the way.
Thought I would head down the Newell Hwy.
PM sent with shirt details General....the master of organisation..... :good2:
Cheers Timbo.
:bye:
Life's been good to me so far....

CanDman

Never regret your choices in life ! There is no way to go back to do it again and compare. Make the most and do your best with every decision you make

Jeff0308

Still can't say if I'm going or not as yet. Bugger it. I so want to but a current situation is preventing me from making a decision. Very Annoying. Will be a last minute decision if I do.  :mad:

CanDman

Hey Jeff.......big decision I know.....but if you're anything like me.....regret is something you don't want to have to live with........my woman harps on me from time to time about some of the decisions I make (with love)......but I always come back and say...honey....there is never a good time to just take off.......work will always be there waiting for me when I get home....maybe one day my health won't be ......... pleeeease love...let me enjoy my life while I still can.......... I hope to see you there  Jeff  :drinks:
Kev

The General

As you may know my old computor got really excited as usual this time of the year, and unfortunateley went to the great Black hole Vortex in the apparently expanding, Geek heaven in the sky.

Anyhow, as a result I asked for any new orders of our seriously fantastic Embroidered Polo shirts with FJ bikes in ambulance & police colours, to be sent via PM. (But I fear I mighta missed one.)

So here are the names of new shirt orders. (In addition I have received a number of old shirts - all looking perfect after 3 years use! - but owners not named here.)

So if your not on the following list, get your order (with size as per instructions) in pronto as it may already be too late.

Randy, CanD, Bean, Megsy, Timbo, Tony Mac,, Xray, Rover & Stu.

:drinks:

`93 with downside up forks.
`78 XS11/1200 with a bit on the side.
Special edition Rocket Ship ZX14R Kwacka

Harvy

FJZ1 1200 - It'll do me just fine.
Timing has much to do with the success of a rain dance.

X-Ray

As long as its not as bad as the Bellingen run on the way there Harv I'll be happy.
'94 FJ1200 Wet Pale Brown
'93 FJ1200 Dark Violet/Silver
'84 FJ1100 Red/White

'91 FJ1200 Dark Violet/Silver ( Now Sold)
'92 FJ1200 Project/Resto Dark Violet/Silver (Now Sold)

For photos of my rear wheel swap, heres the link  https://www.flickr.com/gp/150032671@N02/62k3KZ

The General

Quote from: X-Ray on February 11, 2014, 06:02:15 AM
As long as its not as bad as the Bellingen run on the way there Harv I'll be happy.

Yet the Bellingen Long range weather forecast said it would be perfect!

This might help your memory, just scroll down from this, it`s last on tha page...
(http://www.fjowners.com/index.php?topic=7648.150)   :biggrin:
(great memories!)
`93 with downside up forks.
`78 XS11/1200 with a bit on the side.
Special edition Rocket Ship ZX14R Kwacka

oz.fj

Quote from: The General on February 11, 2014, 04:53:55 PM
Quote from: X-Ray on February 11, 2014, 06:02:15 AM

Yet the Bellingen Long range weather forecast said it would be perfect!

This might help your memory, just scroll down from this, it`s last on tha page...
(http://www.fjowners.com/index.php?topic=7648.150)   :biggrin:
(great memories!)

Yeah he was a dodgy weather man that bloke  :biggrin:
89 FJ 1200 Shiny Black
89 FJ 1200 x 3 Red White Silver
92 XR 250
Life is pretty straight without twisties

CanDman

Quote from: CanDman on January 19, 2014, 08:23:05 AM
Quote from: CanDman on January 18, 2014, 05:06:45 PM
After a few conversations behind closed PM's....the Saturday meet would be better suited if it were a lunch get together instead of a dinner......so I will leave the meeting time and place up to Doug and Rich to decide...a patio Bar would be awesome...and if anyone wants to go out later that night...we can decide then when and where............wooohooo.... I am so excited !!!!!
Kev

Ok.......after having discussed it with Mr. Cornpipe and Redrover ...(redrover we call Kevy over).....the place where we will meet ........druuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmm roooooooooollllllllllllll
The local Yacht Club close to Dougs place at 1 o'clock ......so if you can make it....that would be awesome  :drinks:

CanDman  

I hope this does not sound too much like a broken record but I really need to know exactly who will be able to attend the lunch on the above mentioned time and place....please let me know.........come matey's....hands up...(please)...... or if you prefer.........JUMP UP  :yahoo:

admiral bailey jump up

Kev