News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Australian FJ Anniversary Rally; March 8, 2014

Started by The General, July 15, 2013, 04:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jscgdunn

92 FJ1200 2008 ZX14 Forks, wheels, 2008 cbr 600 RR swingarm
92 FJ1200 2009 R1 Swinger, Forks, Wheels, 2013 CBR 1000 Shock
90 FJ 1200 (Son # 2), Stock
89 FJ 1200 Built from parts: (Brother bought it) mostly 92 parts inc. motor
84 FJ 1100 (Son #1), 89 forks wheels, blue spots

stua1959

CanDman

There was some real chatter about a small group of Brisie's grabbing a "group" bike that can be used by any one who paid into it including any foreign visitors. It was Rovers idea and I thought it was an excellent suggestion!! Anyone who kicked in to the pot could use it and if any foreign visitors happened to stop in for a visit, would only need to cover the registration fee. These are some broad strokes but I think there is a blueprint for a group bike with some fine details to work out. I would certainly be willing to chip in and I can't think of a better ride than the "The Blue Tuna" and let me assure you.....losing those chicken strips came by honestly !!!!
CanDman
Never regret your choices in life ! There is no way to go back to do it again and compare. Make the most and do your best with every decision you make

The General

Quote from: jscgdunn on April 24, 2014, 04:49:14 PM
maybe you should bid (popcorn)

As mentioned, unfortunately I`m not in the position ta do so. You see I`ve  fallen in love with another. It`s a long story, but we met on a blind date....I know I was being unfaithful but I couldn`t help trying a bit on the side.

However, while it`s true I`ve always been into sharing, I can tell you the blue Tuna is inta it too! .... She especially likes Big Brute`s from Canada.  :empathy:

Now if you happen ta bid and are successful, you will have secured your ride at the next Aussie Rally, (along with lots of other perks!). I know where new plastics are available and probly a shed and some carers!

ummmm, just think`n out loud....maybe we could morph her into a kinda RPM Loan shim arrangement in OZ with a priority for Overseas investors and guests? ....Maybe she could become the guest of honour at our Manshed days!    :scratch_one-s_head:  :mail1:
`93 with downside up forks.
`78 XS11/1200 with a bit on the side.
Special edition Rocket Ship ZX14R Kwacka

oz.fj

Quote from: stua1959 on April 24, 2014, 05:26:01 PM
Darren will buy it
Mmmm..... I don't have a '93'  :wacko2:
Only if we knew someone down that way that wanted to come for a ride to Queensland....... (popcorn)
89 FJ 1200 Shiny Black
89 FJ 1200 x 3 Red White Silver
92 XR 250
Life is pretty straight without twisties

oldktmdude

Quote from: oz.fj on April 24, 2014, 06:15:40 PM
Darren will buy it
Mmmm..... I don't have a '93'  :wacko2:
Only if we knew someone down that way that wanted to come for a ride to Queensland....... (popcorn)
Darren, pay for fuel and return airfare and I'm your man.   Pete.      :good2:
1985 FJ1100 x2 (1 sold)
2009 TDM 900
1980 Kawasaki Z1R Mk11 (sold and still regretting it)
1979 Kawasaki Z650 (sold)
1985 Suzuki GSXR 400 x2 (next project)
2001 KTM 520 exc (sold)
2004 GasGas Ec300
1981 Honda CB 900 F (sold)
1989 Kawasaki GPX 600 Adventure

X-Ray

Gees I want a second FJ, could be a good project bike, Mmmmmm...........
'94 FJ1200 Wet Pale Brown
'93 FJ1200 Dark Violet/Silver
'84 FJ1100 Red/White

'91 FJ1200 Dark Violet/Silver ( Now Sold)
'92 FJ1200 Project/Resto Dark Violet/Silver (Now Sold)

For photos of my rear wheel swap, heres the link  https://www.flickr.com/gp/150032671@N02/62k3KZ

oldktmdude

Quote from: X-Ray on April 25, 2014, 03:23:25 AM
Just say the word Ray.   :drinks: Lookin' for any excuse to ride to Qld.
1985 FJ1100 x2 (1 sold)
2009 TDM 900
2001 KTM 520 exc (sold)
2004 GasGas Ec300

oldktmdude

Quote from: oldktmdude on April 25, 2014, 04:36:58 AM
Quote from: X-Ray on April 25, 2014, 03:23:25 AM
Just say the word Ray.   :drinks: Lookin' for any excuse to ride to Qld.
This offer extends to all Queenslanders that may be contemplating buying The Generals bike at auction, pay for fuel and airfare home and I'll deliver.  Pete.
1985 FJ1100 x2 (1 sold)
2009 TDM 900
2001 KTM 520 exc (sold)
2004 GasGas Ec300

racerrad8

Quote from: CanDman on April 24, 2014, 06:01:43 PM
It was Rovers idea and I thought it was an excellent suggestion!! Anyone who kicked in to the pot could use it and if any foreign visitors happened to stop in for a visit, would only need to cover the registration fee. These are some broad strokes but I think there is a blueprint for a group bike with some fine details to work out. I would certainly be willing to chip...
CanDman

Well,

Not to put a damper on the tuna, but Rover has in his possession the bike I purchased & upgraded for the rally which will also be for sale. Richard and Harvy are going to address a couple of the things I did not have time to get sorted before the ride down to the rally.

I also made many upgrades to the bike before setting off on the journey.

RPM Fork Valves, Springs and a complete rebuild of the front forks with new bushings.
Blue Spot Calipers with new EBC HH pads
Rebuild front brake master cylinder
Steel Braided front brake hoses
Fork Brace
Vibrantors
New Spark Plugs
RPM dual pod air filters
New clutch spring
Wide clutch disc conversion
RPM spin on oil filter conversion
EBC HH Rear Brake Pads
RPM LED Taillight

Things that are on the list to be addressed before it is sold;
Replace the swing arm chain guide that is missing (as everyone in attendance heard)
Service of the front motor mounts.
Throttle cable replacement as the push cable was bad and I removed it for the ride.
Richard and Harvy are also going to give it a better inspection as they are working on it in case there is other issues that need to be addressed.

One thing I noticed from the PO, the rear swing arm & relay linkages have grease fittings added to be able to grease without disassembly, so someone took some care there.

The bike used a little over a liter of oil on the trip down to the rally, but none on the way back. I think this bike sat for quite sometime and the long journey allowed everything get settled back in.

The bike rode well other than the vibes from the front motor mounts being stuck. The bike rode great on the spirited ride as I was running down Pete before he changed directions on me...

If a group of guys want to get together and by it, or is someone wants it for their personal stable, it will be available once the needed items are addressed and repaired.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

Tony Mac

Darren will buy it
Hi Guys, I have registered with Pickles as an interested bystander to see what "The Blue Tuna" will sell at auction for. I say "Interested Bystander" because Lesley came in to the office and noticed the photo of the bike on my screen. The rest is history.
The way the bidding is going someone is going to pay quite a bit for the bike, as emotion and testosterone kick in. In a way I'm glad Lesley sprung me.
I have my hands full with my GSX750ET project.
Good luck with it.
Be good.
Tony Mac
'92 FJ1200
'80 Suzuki GSX 750ET Shirley (Gone to god )
'04 Yamaha XVS1100A Tom (Sold)

CanDman

Quote from: oz.fj on April 17, 2014, 04:22:02 PM
Well there you go Kev

You & The Blue Tuna have been immortalized in aussie FJ history. :good:

Good work General :good2:

My turn at poetry......

You want to know, what makes me go
At morning, noon and night
From cars and bikes the drums and mic's
it's a fire burning bright

but deep inside, what makes me glide
throughout my daily plight
are the things I see, and the love from thee
that inspires me to write

so lead me on, til mornings dawn
til darkness turns to light
and friends we'll be, for eternity
once heavens gate's in sight

so until then, my FJ friend
we'll lean them left and right
and follow on, the road beyond
to catch the winded flight

:drinks:

CanDman
Never regret your choices in life ! There is no way to go back to do it again and compare. Make the most and do your best with every decision you make

ken65

does anybody know what Doug's old bike actually sold for? thanks

The General

Quote from: ken65 on May 05, 2014, 05:16:30 PM
Nahh, not me anyhow. I stopped looking after it went up to a thousand dollars.

Good news is I finally got around to checking out that XS rear end rattle, in my other Jindabyne casualty.

So as ya can see, I bought a new uni joint. (Same part number as on a Toyota forklift so only a cheap fix, me thought.)

Got it in after de burring tha yoke, but it was way too stiff too rock in one particular direction. So now hunting for a new Yoke that hasn`t been smashed out of alignment.

Amazing that it got us home from Crackenback mountain like that!

Strange phenomenon is that unit is totally enclosed, yet I could only find some bits of one circlip. No end cap or needle bearings, just as you see in the pic....They've been smashed to a pulp and hidden in the greased wall of the swing arm drive shroud!

Can`t wait ta fire her up ...it`ll be nice ta have a bit on the side again.  :drinks:

`93 with downside up forks.
`78 XS11/1200 with a bit on the side.
Special edition Rocket Ship ZX14R Kwacka

roverfj1200

Quote from: The General on May 06, 2014, 12:11:05 PM
Quote from: ken65 on May 05, 2014, 05:16:30 PM
Nahh, not me anyhow. I stopped looking after it went up to a thousand dollars.

Good news is I finally got around to checking out that XS rear end rattle, in my other Jindabyne casualty.

So as ya can see, I bought a new uni joint. (Same part number as on a Toyota forklift so only a cheap fix, me thought.)

Got it in after de burring tha yoke, but it was way too stiff too rock in one particular direction. So now hunting for a new Yoke that hasn`t been smashed out of alignment.

Amazing that it got us home from Crackenback mountain like that!

Strange phenomenon is that unit is totally enclosed, yet I could only find some bits of one circlip. No end cap or needle bearings, just as you see in the pic....They've been smashed to a pulp and hidden in the greased wall of the swing arm drive shroud!

Can`t wait ta fire her up ...it`ll be nice ta have a bit on the side again.  :drinks:

Hurry up the next ride will be soon.

1988 FJ1200
1991 FJ1200

Richard.