News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Australian FJ Anniversary Rally; March 8, 2014

Started by The General, July 15, 2013, 04:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The General

For those yearning for Aussie Culture, or poetry by Banjo Patterson, here`s ya chance to join the fray-

IT`S ON!  ....The 2014 Australian FJ National Anniversary Dinner  :yahoo:

Where: The The Banjo Patterson Inn, Jindabyne NSW.

- Gateway to the extraordinary Alpine Way that winds around the breathtaking Snowy Mountains, with twisting poetry (of legendary status) on every bend. http://www.banjopatersoninn.com.au/

When: March 8th 2014

(This date ensures Overseas and Interstate visitors can integrate Phillip Island World Super bikes, Clipsal 500, Khancoben Bike festival, and even Tasmania in their Downunder Tour)

Get ya bookings to Lisa by calling 1800046275 or email <reservations@banjopatersoninn.com.au>;  (Don`t forget to let them know you wish to share a room.) Include your Forum Name please.

Note: Book for Fri & Saturday nights 7th & 8Th March to absorb the scenery.

(Subject to a reasonable group booking) Negotiated nightly Costs are only $50.00 per person incl hot breakfast (shared room) or $60.00 PP  (single budget room). First in best dressed for the shared lakeview rooms. (2 Course dinner on Saturday also being negotiated for the right price).

I should mention, it`s opposite the Lake and Park along with trendy shops etc for the ladies. ...Yeah I know we`ve had ta sacrifice our standards for`em, but I guess the camp rates make up for it.
http://r-ec.bstatic.com/images/hotel/max300/157/15729765.jpg (Anyone for coffee?)

We`ve got lock up bike security, a real Aussie pub with  Clancy`s FJ Brasserie & Cocktail Bar, for  Saturday evening`s celebratory dining and Chook  Raffle!  (Yep, got it for us exclusively!)

But wait!!!....There`s more! We`ve got our own Brewery on site!!!.a 600 litre microbrewery pushing out Koscioskos exclusive Pale Ale.    And and Annd ...an indoor fireplace!...(Yeah!..we got Ashes!!)

Pete (oldktmdude) is suggesting the Saturday Scenic Route of a lifetime that will make the "Man from Snowy River" pale into insignificance as a legendary ride. (Note: It`s not brass monkey season, so no Snow, No skiers, just clear smooth bitumen, lined with forests and Jaw dropping Alpine views).

Contact me by PM If ya want Anniversary Embroidered Polo shirts. (Same price and place as last time, and they will add 2014 Anniversary to your existing shirt too if you contact them - I`ll post details soon) – Start planning now to be part of Aussie FJ history.  :drinks:
`93 with downside up forks.
`78 XS11/1200 with a bit on the side.
Special edition Rocket Ship ZX14R Kwacka

CanDman

I am definitely Inn !!! Will start making all the appropriate arrangements........ :mail1:........and yes Doug.... I would love another Polo shirt..... :good:.......(10 minutes later) ....OK.....I AM BOOKED !!!!! Made my reservation with Lisa for a Lakeview room........ :yahoo:....Doug... I will plan an extended stay......from the 1st of March....until the 15th or so....I will give you the details once I have them......I'll PM you with the flight info and my itinerary.
Kev........the 
CanDman 
Never regret your choices in life ! There is no way to go back to do it again and compare. Make the most and do your best with every decision you make

Harvy

OK....I'm booked and paid......Kev, you are going to have to put up with me sharing the room mate!

Cheers
Harvy
FJZ1 1200 - It'll do me just fine.
Timing has much to do with the success of a rain dance.

baldy3853

megsy

MMMMMM better get the digit out & get a bike ready  :morning1:

:empathy2: Just had 2 days with Baldy & now I'm booking more  :crazy: :unknown:
k10p 80 1968 Suzuki
YL2 100 1967 Yamaha
XL100 1972 Honda
XL250s 1979 Honda
XL500s 1979 Honda
DR600 1984 Suzuki
RD250 1975 Yamaha
FJ1100 1984
FJ1100 1984
FJ1200 1985
FJ1200 1986
FJ1200 1989
FJ1200 1992
FJR1300 2002
FJR1300 2003
GPZ1000rx 1986 kawasaki
Z1300 1979 Kawasaki.
plus +++

baldy3853

Quote from: megsy on July 16, 2013, 02:27:42 AM
MMMMMM better get the digit out & get a bike ready  :morning1:

:empathy2: Just had 2 days with Baldy & now I'm booking more  :crazy: :unknown:
And you LOVED IT too  :good2: :good2:
Baldy

CanDman

Quote from: Harvy on July 15, 2013, 09:10:40 PM
OK....I'm booked and paid......Kev, you are going to have to put up with me sharing the room mate!

Cheers
Harvy

hahahaha.......sounds good Harv
Kev
Never regret your choices in life ! There is no way to go back to do it again and compare. Make the most and do your best with every decision you make

The General

Quote from: CanDman on July 15, 2013, 06:59:06 PM
I am definitely Inn !!! Will start making all the appropriate arrangements........ :mail1:........and yes Doug.... I would love another Polo shirt..... :good:.......(10 minutes later) ....OK.....I AM BOOKED !!!!! Made my reservation with Lisa for a Lakeview room........ :yahoo:....Doug... I will plan an extended stay......from the 1st of March....until the 15th or so....I will give you the details once I have them......I'll PM you with the flight info and my itinerary.
Kev........the 
CanDman 
That`s great news Kev.  Ummmm...guess I gotta figure out how to put FJ3 together again.  :scratch_one-s_head:
Can`t wait ta do a roadie down the Aussie East Coast. Ahhh.. 1800klms of blue pacific ocean sunrises!  :good2: Will call in on our Coffs harbour FJ mates,(Jason & Julie Pell) then Aussie National Bike Museum Nabiac after calling in on our FJ Aussie race car site at Urunga, then find an FJ home somewhere around Newcastle, then maybe Flips place or Springys!  Actually about 4 FJ homes we can gate crash near Sydney now I think about it. Then down the coast ta clean out Joe`s fridge then Pete`s fridge a day later.
...I reckon there`ll be a spider web Map of FJ fridges to be cleaned out across Australia-all heading to Jindabyne Central!... Guess I better start brush`n up on me bush poetry...anyone remember "Tha day we played Melongo Cricket - and Macdougal topped tha score!"...Who wrote that?  (popcorn)

X-Ray

Nice! 1370kms/15 hours from my place. What sort of itinerary do you have in mind General? 2 days to get there, 2 days back etc. I'll have to get some money saved, get my Randy order in and get to work. Mmmmm what else, new helmet needed, thats for sure.

March will be here soon enough!  Great news, finally get to meet the CanDman!  :good2:
'94 FJ1200 Wet Pale Brown
'93 FJ1200 Dark Violet/Silver
'84 FJ1100 Red/White

'91 FJ1200 Dark Violet/Silver ( Now Sold)
'92 FJ1200 Project/Resto Dark Violet/Silver (Now Sold)

For photos of my rear wheel swap, heres the link  https://www.flickr.com/gp/150032671@N02/62k3KZ

ribbert

Doug, congratulations on the location for the Anniversary Dinner. Jindabyne is a terrific spot and God's own country for riding.
You have obviously done a lot of research and, as we now expect, have lined up great accomodation and facilities.
It won't matter which direction you come from, you'll arrive with a grin on you face. There is no boring way to get there. The Victorian side is by far the best though!!
I'm salivating at the thought of the ride there already. Ooooh, so many choices, all great.

Doug will there be a trophy, or prize for the bike that travels nearest to a mystery mileage to get there, say 638 km's?

I'm sure with you at the helm it will be a great weekend, can't wait.

Noel
"Tell a wise man something he doesn't know and he'll thank you, tell a fool something he doesn't know and he'll abuse you"

CanDman

I can't tell you how excited I am to make it this time..........I will be sure to bring some of that Canadian Screech and some BC Bud that Klav was pining about........what else......some Knob Creek for Baldy...............and some Swn Y Mor for my mate Harv......thx again for the shock link......can't wait to meet you all.......Doug...Harv ...Arn....Klav (if he can go)...FJ11.5.....Baldy....X-RAY and the rest of the gang.....any suggestions on what to do and where to go would be greatly appreciated.........my woman may join me...but not likely......so I hope Klav can show me an Australian Pine cone........(so I can donate.... :mocking:)......and if the woman stays behind....I might bring "the Girls".......and a better lot than these 3 that His Klavness was humping...... :rofl2: :sarcastic: :biggrin: :lol:......

more like this......

CANDYMAN - HEY DJ Feat: Monica Jasmine *OFFICIAL VIDEO*

SHOULD BE A BLAST........  :wacko3:.....counting the seconds..... :bomb:   "WE SHUT IT DOWN UNDER" !!!!!

Candman

The General

Quote from: X-Ray on July 16, 2013, 08:21:47 AM
Nice! 1370kms/15 hours from my place. What sort of itinerary do you have in mind General? 2 days to get there, 2 days back etc. I'll have to get some money saved, get my Randy order in and get to work. Mmmmm what else, new helmet needed, thats for sure.

March will be here soon enough!  Great news, finally get to meet the CanDman!  :good2:
Mate that`s a good question. Just tha possibilities of certain "detours" gets me mouth watering. For example there`s tha bakery in the old Church at Broadwater offering to give me this day my daily bread (according to the sign)-I gotta stop there! Another favourite was a little bakery (that`s closed down now) at a hidden gem of a BBQ spot called Dutchies Beach - A few old mates use to meet there with our families every Tuesday night - and they still do, 30 years later. (Would luv ta surprise`em)..Then there`s....Ummm, might have ta add a few more days to tha Journey.

Lookin forward ta meeting friends old and new...might even get Cand`s taste in music more up to date too...Here`s a ripper little number recently recorded at The Snow Goose Hotel at Adaminaby, a nice ride from our Dinner Venue...Locals get really excited down that way...(in fact the Venue was on tha Accommodation short list, but tha commitee felt it didn`t quite tick all the boxes for a sleepover. :sorry:):- The Snow Goose Original words and music by Doug Payne ©words & music by doug payne 2008

Klavdy

"This guy has got to go. The single most offensive individual I have experienced on the web.
MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

i is a professional website designer, I've built over 100's of sites
And yea I actually get paid for it. about 150 and hour.

roverfj1200

1988 FJ1200
1991 FJ1200

Richard.

oldktmdude

Booked in and can't wait. How many sleeps to go?   :i_am_so_happy:  Pete.
1985 FJ1100 x2 (1 sold)
2009 TDM 900
1980 Kawasaki Z1R Mk11 (sold and still regretting it)
1979 Kawasaki Z650 (sold)
1985 Suzuki GSXR 400 x2 (next project)
2001 KTM 520 exc (sold)
2004 GasGas Ec300
1981 Honda CB 900 F (sold)
1989 Kawasaki GPX 600 Adventure