News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Hello Everyone

Started by 89fj, July 17, 2013, 12:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

89fj

I had my 89 fj1200 when I was younger and rode the heck out of that thing! But about 10 years ago I sold it to my kid brother bacause I didn't have the time and money to keep up with it and I had a baby on the way so I also had a moment of insanity. So fast forward to about a month ago my kid brother was trying to sell me my old GTA to which I jokingly said, "No but if you still had that FJ I would consider it." I didn't even know he still had it. It had been sitting in a shed for god knows how long. I went out to look at it and I could not believe  it was covered in up to 4 in of bird crap on the tank and dust so thick I could not even see if it still had paint. So needless to say I had to save it! So I drug it out of the darkness and cleaned the ever living crap out of it. Carbs, tank, clutch slave, drained the oil, changed the tires, sprocket, and chain, ect... My FJ1200 was back and running! It is visiting the shop today to have the valve shims adjusted I can't wait to get er back. I also want to thank everyone here as I have been scouring the site for information since I first considered getting my FJ back. I want to thank Randy for having all the hard to find parts and great post on how to fix everything! My nephew who is a wiz with paint has even offered to pant it up for cost! lol I will have a $5000 dollar paint job on my $2000 bike! lol I am very partial to blue ghost flames!  :biggrin:

rktmanfj

Nicely done!

Great intro...    :good2:

Randy T
Indy

Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
Psalms 144:1

'89 FJ1200
'90 FJ1200
'78 XT500
'88 XT350

movenon

Welcome ! Sounds as if you are on the way to getting her back on the road  :good2:.   
George
Life isn't about having the best, but about making the best of what you have...

1990 FJ 1200

aviationfred

Welcome to the group. Stories like yours are awesome.  :hi:

Fred
I'm not the fastest FJ rider, I am 'half-fast', the fastest slow guy....

Current
2008 VFR800 RC46 Vtec
1996 VFR750 RC36/2
1990 FJ1300 (1297cc) Casper
1990 VFR750 RC36/1 Minnie
1989 FJ1200 Lazarus, the Streetfighter Project
1985 VF500F RC31 Interceptor

VaughanCustoms

Welcome and look forward to seeing your bike. Have any pictures of what it looked like before and after cleaning?
Built not bought is always my motto.
1967 Mercury Cougar 289 4V bored .30 over forged internals full ground up build
1998 Ford Mustang Cobra convertible DOHC 4.6 .30 over forged internals, future turbo car. 400 rwhp.
1984 Yamaha FJ1100 street fighter V&H exhaust, re-jet, K&N pods.

racerman_27410

Good onya fer saving the bike.... funny how life circles back around.  :good2:

Welcome to the group.

KOokaloo!

Frank

fj11.5

Welcome mate, great save  :good2:, ,pretty keen on ghost flames myself
unless you ride bikes, I mean really ride bikes, then you just won't get it

84 Fj1100  effie , with mods
( 88 ) Fj 1200  fairly standard , + blue spots
84 Fj1100 absolutely stock standard, now more stock , fitted with Fj12 twin system , no rusted headers for this felicity jayne

FJmonkey

Welcome mate, throw another log on the bonfire of insanity while we all sing the Kookaloo song.
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

FJscott

Quote from: 89fj on July 17, 2013, 12:56:14 PM
I had my 89 fj1200 when I was younger and rode the heck out of that thing! But about 10 years ago I sold it to my kid brother bacause I didn't have the time and money to keep up with it and I had a baby on the way so I also had a moment of insanity. So fast forward to about a month ago my kid brother was trying to sell me my old GTA to which I jokingly said, "No but if you still had that FJ I would consider it." I didn't even know he still had it. It had been sitting in a shed for god knows how long. I went out to look at it and I could not believe  it was covered in up to 4 in of bird crap on the tank and dust so thick I could not even see if it still had paint. So needless to say I had to save it! So I drug it out of the darkness and cleaned the ever living crap out of it. Carbs, tank, clutch slave, drained the oil, changed the tires, sprocket, and chain, ect... My FJ1200 was back and running! It is visiting the shop today to have the valve shims adjusted I can't wait to get er back. I also want to thank everyone here as I have been scouring the site for information since I first considered getting my FJ back. I want to thank Randy for having all the hard to find parts and great post on how to fix everything! My nephew who is a wiz with paint has even offered to pant it up for cost! lol I will have a $5000 dollar paint job on my $2000 bike! lol I am very partial to blue ghost flames!  :biggrin:

Welcome aboard. what a great love lost, love found story.  RIDE ON!

-Scott