News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

finally got some good wet-weather gear......................

Started by Firehawk068, August 04, 2013, 08:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firehawk068

Now if I end up riding in the rain, it won't be so bad....................

They were $34.99 at Cabella's
Alan H.
Denver, CO
'90 FJ1200

movenon

Life isn't about having the best, but about making the best of what you have...

1990 FJ 1200

craigo

Quote from: movenon on August 04, 2013, 10:05:15 PM
It will never rain on you again.... :lol: :lol:
George

Yep, that seems to be the way things work.   :wacko2: But my only ever set of leathers show otherwise... (damn, I used to have a 32 inch waist...)

CraigO
CraigO
90FJ1200

aviationfred

Quote from: movenon on August 04, 2013, 10:05:15 PM
It will never rain on you again.... :lol: :lol:
George

George,

I took my rainsuit to the Colorado Rally. Kurt and I got rained on near Colorado Springs.

If we had not brought our rain gear, we would not have been rained on??..... Who Knew...... :pardon: :unknown: :rofl2:

Alan,

Looks like a nice addition to your gear, and at a great price.

Fred
I'm not the fastest FJ rider, I am 'half-fast', the fastest slow guy....

Current
2008 VFR800 RC46 Vtec
1996 VFR750 RC36/2
1990 FJ1300 (1297cc) Casper
1990 VFR750 RC36/1 Minnie
1989 FJ1200 Lazarus, the Streetfighter Project
1985 VF500F RC31 Interceptor

yamaha fj rider

Allways good to have. The time you need it price less. Something I found out on the way to Colorado last month. In the mesh gear you get wet but also dry fast.
Got just soaked and half an hour later completely dry.

Keep the wheels turning.
Kurt
93 FJ1200
FJ 09
YZ250X I still love 2 strokes
Tenere 700
FJR1300ES

movenon

I agree, rain gear will save your ass when needed. It just seems like you pack it forever and it never rains, forget it one time and it rains like hell.
That is a good price on the rain gear. Trash bags just won't hold up. Don't ask....... :lol:
George

1990 FJ 1200

Capn Ron

While we're on the topic of rain gear and trash bags...I was crossing Canada and the boots weren't holding up.  It was around my 15th day of soaked feet and I stopped at a Subway in Wawa, Ontario to wait out a(nother) storm.  She put my sandwich in a to-go bag and it hit me.  "Say, do you have about ten of these you could spare?"  Those bags are almost foot-shaped and when worn over the socks and inside the boots...ahhhh!  Finally, dry feet!

Now only if someone made a waterproof glove!   :lol:

Cap'n Ron. . .
Cap'n Ron. . .

There are two types of people in the world...Those who put people into categories...and those who don't.

movenon

Quote from: Capn Ron on August 08, 2013, 11:51:29 PM
While we're on the topic of rain gear and trash bags...I was crossing Canada and the boots weren't holding up.  It was around my 15th day of soaked feet and I stopped at a Subway in Wawa, Ontario to wait out a(nother) storm.  She put my sandwich in a to-go bag and it hit me.  "Say, do you have about ten of these you could spare?"  Those bags are almost foot-shaped and when worn over the socks and inside the boots...ahhhh!  Finally, dry feet!

Now only if someone made a waterproof glove!   :lol:

Cap'n Ron. . .

Improvise, Adapt, and Overcome ......

Here is something I found out. I bought some nice insulated leather gloves that looked like gauntlet bike gloves at a yard sale. I noticed in the end there were zippers. I got to wondering what the hell those zippers are there for. Unzipping them under there was a full mitt cover designed to slip over the gloves. So I figure they must be snowmobile gloves. No problem, I put the nylon covers back into the pocket and shrug my sholders,  press on with the "cold weather gloves".    Fast forward to a cold morning going over Donner summit, my hands in the insulated gloves are freezing. So I remember about those funky nylon covers under the zipper and at this point I am willing to give anything a try so I slip them over the gloves, now they look like snowmobile mittens.

Damn ! They work !!! They break all the wind and life is good. Such a simple idea and taking almost no space. If I ever do get some more cold weather gloves I will have some of those covers made. If made out of Gor Tex they would also be waterproof ?  They cover the fingered glove like a mitten with an elastic band on the end to keep them in place. The only down side is now you have to use all 4 of your figures for the controls but I found that no problem given the situation.

George

1990 FJ 1200

Firehawk068

While we're on the topic of rain gear and trash bags...I was crossing Canada and the boots weren't holding up.  It was around my 15th day of soaked feet and I stopped at a Subway in Wawa, Ontario to wait out a(nother) storm.  She put my sandwich in a to-go bag and it hit me.  "Say, do you have about ten of these you could spare?"  Those bags are almost foot-shaped and when worn over the socks and inside the boots...ahhhh!  Finally, dry feet!

Cap'n Ron. . .

True story:
My beloved Mom used to send my brothers, and I to school in the winter time with............................................wait for it............................................................
Bread-bags over our socks, inside our boots.................we certainly went through enough loaves of bread growing up.
I'm gonna stow a few of these in my tank-bag  :good:
Alan H.
Denver, CO
'90 FJ1200

Capn Ron

Quote from: Firehawk068 on August 09, 2013, 09:52:42 PM

Cap'n Ron. . .

True story:
My beloved Mom used to send my brothers, and I to school in the winter time with............................................wait for it............................................................
Bread-bags over our socks, inside our boots.................we certainly went through enough loaves of bread growing up.
I'm gonna stow a few of these in my tank-bag  :good:

So, your mom thought of this 20 years before I did?  I thought I was a GENIUS!!!!   :yahoo:

When I'm on multi-day road trips, I always ask for a few extra to-go bags at Subway.  You never know! 

Cap'n Ron. . .
Cap'n Ron. . .

There are two types of people in the world...Those who put people into categories...and those who don't.

Firehawk068

She certainly did!

I keep a few of those disposable "Examination" gloves(the kind you get in a box of 100 for oil changes and stuff) in my tank bag as well....................
You could use them if you needed to work on your bike, or you could slip them on under your riding gloves if you're on a longer ride.....might keep your hands slightly warmer if it's wet....(they certainly don't breathe though)
Alan H.
Denver, CO
'90 FJ1200