News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Recently joined group

Started by Tom, August 09, 2013, 05:35:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Hello All,
  I have just recently bought my first FJ1200 1988 (2 days ago). I am a bike tech by trade and have worked on many FJ's over the years. Recently I have returned to Road bikes, having been Trail riding for a while and wanted a big air cooled carby bike, well the FJ came up as a trade in at the right price, so here I am........

FJmonkey

Welcome Tom, we can always find find room for one more at the FJ campfire....
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

Dads_FJ

John S.

'84 Yamaha FJ1100
'89 Yamaha FJ1200
'92 Yamaha TDM850
'80 BMW R100S/Sidecar
'81 Yamaha IT250(H)
'77 Yamaha IT175(D)
'39 BSA WM20

movenon

Welcome. Post some pictures when you can. What part of the world you are you  from ?
George
Life isn't about having the best, but about making the best of what you have...

1990 FJ 1200

fj11.5

Welcome mate, always good to have another 88 onboard :good2:
unless you ride bikes, I mean really ride bikes, then you just won't get it

84 Fj1100  effie , with mods
( 88 ) Fj 1200  fairly standard , + blue spots
84 Fj1100 absolutely stock standard, now more stock , fitted with Fj12 twin system , no rusted headers for this felicity jayne

aviationfred

I'm not the fastest FJ rider, I am 'half-fast', the fastest slow guy....

Current
2008 VFR800 RC46 Vtec
1996 VFR750 RC36/2
1990 FJ1300 (1297cc) Casper
1990 VFR750 RC36/1 Minnie
1989 FJ1200 Lazarus, the Streetfighter Project
1985 VF500F RC31 Interceptor

yamaha fj rider

Congrats on the FJ and good that you joined us. Always room for one more.

Kurt
93 FJ1200
FJ 09
YZ250X I still love 2 strokes
Tenere 700
FJR1300ES

Mattman

Quote from: Tom on August 09, 2013, 05:35:43 AM
Hello All,
  I have just recently bought my first FJ1200 1988 (2 days ago). I am a bike tech by trade and have worked on many FJ's over the years. Recently I have returned to Road bikes, having been Trail riding for a while and wanted a big air cooled carby bike, well the FJ came up as a trade in at the right price, so here I am........

Welcome! I just got an 89 myself!
past motorcycles, 26, too many to list!

Tom

Hi George
  From South Australia. Still working on photos, I've been riding rather than shooting.

fintip

canuck = canadian.

He mentions it because there was no '88 in the US. So the natural assumption is that it's a Canadian model.
fjowners.wikidot.com

Not everyone understands what a completely rational process this maintenance of a motorcycle is. They think it's some kind of a knack or some kind of affinity for machines in operation. They are right, but the knack is almost purely a process of reason.
-ZAMM

IBA:54952

movenon

Quote from: Tom on August 11, 2013, 06:01:49 AM
Hi George
 From South Australia. Still working on photos, I've been riding rather than shooting.

There is a very active group of riders in OZ. Riding is good  :good2: :good2:. Check out some of the rallys.  Also scroll down to the "Down Under Topics".
George
Life isn't about having the best, but about making the best of what you have...

1990 FJ 1200

The General

Quote from: Tom on August 09, 2013, 05:35:43 AM
Hello All,
:hi: Good onya Tom and Welcome. We didn`t get any representation from South Aus at the 2013 FJ Rally in Bellingen NSW. (SA & Tassie were the only States not there). So for the 2014 Anniversary rally we moved it closer for ya, to fabulous Jindabyne  :yahoo:
here`s the link:- http://www.fjowners.com/index.php?board=67.0 Would love to meet you there.  :drinks:
`93 with downside up forks.
`78 XS11/1200 with a bit on the side.
Special edition Rocket Ship ZX14R Kwacka

Tom

That's a bugger, I'll be in the UK. Still I will keep an eye out for other events.

ribbert

Quote from: Tom on August 11, 2013, 06:01:49 AM

Tom, where in S.A. are you? I lived there from '85-'95, love the place. Best weather in the land. I was on the beach AND 12 mins from the CBD, where else could you do that without paying a premium.

Noel
"Tell a wise man something he doesn't know and he'll thank you, tell a fool something he doesn't know and he'll abuse you"