News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

2015 East Coast Fall Rally

Started by CodyNKR, September 24, 2014, 10:17:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mst3kguy

sorry, didn't mean to be vague.  this was from a get-off a few years ago.  the old 'stich has been sitting in the garage.  figured i'd bring it if someone didn't have decent gear...
dean
2014 triumph street triple r
2019 ktm 1290 superduke gt

ddlewis

Are we talking about the famous blue one?  you know..

FJ1100mjk

Platinum Zircon-encrusted Gold Member

Iron Balls #00002175
www.ironballs.com

mst3kguy

danny, hah, no, that one has a nice tear extending from the bottom of the arm vent down.  hell, i'll bring that one, too.  i'm talking about the hi-viz one.  just some minor scuffs.
dean
2014 triumph street triple r
2019 ktm 1290 superduke gt

FJ Flyer

Dean, you look like Marq Marquez. 

Nice photoshop on the background!  Cool pic.

Hope the rally goes well.  I'll be on travel next week for work.

Chris P.
'16 FJR1300ES
'87 FJ1200
'76 DT250

Wear your gear.

Bill_Rockoff

Dean, as long as you're trailering, sure, maybe you could go on and bring it?  Josh at work (bought Dave's original 916) might come up for a day or two.  I think all he has is a helmet and inexpensive jacket.  He's about Andrew's size so he could probably wear your spare 'stich over everything else he'll ride in.  He is a fairly new rider (Ninja 500 last summer, 916 this summer) and I don't think he has done a lot of long days in the saddle.  An extra Aerostich could mean the difference between "fun" and "freezing-ass cold and miserable."

If I wind up with your cabin (I will call in a few minutes) I could carry only one tent instead of two, and maybe have room to bring spare boots.

I have a work thing next week and can't get clear until Thursday afternoon.  I will probably go home Thursday night and ride up Friday morning.  In the past I have ridden to Tellico straight from work, but 1) the 998 just doesn't have the space to accommodate both a work week and a rally weekend, and 2) the ride from work to Tellico is not a great ride. 

Can not wait.

- Bill
Reg Pridmore yelled at me once

TRoy

Quote from: mst3kguy on September 09, 2015, 03:33:03 PM
now staying at the high rent district over on rafter road.

...ANOTHER sign of the apocalypse  :rofl2: we'll be in cherokee tomorrow and tues night then head over. KOOKALOO!
Peace & Love
86FJ 100K+
07Burg650
15Downtown300

ddlewis

Every year after ECFR I say - "next year I'm taking the trailer" and then for some reason about this time I start looking forward to that 500 mile day..  and here I am again.. Weather looks good, so I'm riding! woohoo  :wacko2:

I'll be leaving Richmond area early Wed am and riding down.. should get in around 5ish.  If anybody else is riding along that route Wednesday  (Richmond, Winston Salem, Asheville, Robbinsville, TP TN) let me know maybe we can meet up.

rktmanfj

Quote from: ddlewis on September 14, 2015, 09:15:44 AM
Every year after ECFR I say - "next year I'm taking the trailer" and then for some reason about this time I start looking forward to that 500 mile day..  and here I am again.. Weather looks good, so I'm riding! woohoo  :wacko2:

I'll be leaving Richmond area early Wed am and riding down.. should get in around 5ish.  If anybody else is riding along that route Wednesday  (Richmond, Winston Salem, Asheville, Robbinsville, TP TN) let me know maybe we can meet up.

Every year after ECFR I think "man, I should ride down next time", then I remember the one year I left Tellico in the rain.  Cold rain, often heavy, for 500 miles... much of it with Buff Bill following along, warm and dry in his F-150.    :nea:

Randy T
Indy

Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
Psalms 144:1

'89 FJ1200
'90 FJ1200
'78 XT500
'88 XT350

the fan

Quote from: not a lib on September 14, 2015, 02:36:28 PM
Quote from: ddlewis on September 14, 2015, 09:15:44 AM

Every year after ECFR I think "man, I should ride down next time", then I remember the one year I left Tellico in the rain.  Cold rain, often heavy, for 500 miles... much of it with Buff Bill following along, warm and dry in his F-150.    :nea:

I won't mention the hot coffee or radio...

CodyNKR

All right some of ya'll should be there by now! Be sure and post pics and stories since this year neither Jeff, I nor Blue dawg will be there! Next year though.....

ddlewis

Apparently I enjoy suffering because I'm looking forward to 514 miles of butt numbing fun-ness!  :good:

Starting to load up earlier and notice rear tire not looking too good.  That almost made me rethink it, but I ordered one and had it shipped to campground just in case.

Quote from: CodyNKR on September 15, 2015, 02:30:23 PM
All right some of ya'll should be there by now! Be sure and post pics and stories since this year neither Jeff, I nor Blue dawg will be there! Next year though.....
NANCY!  BOOOO!

the fan

I will be heading out shortly. Plan to visit some friends in Lexington and arrive in Tellico adjacent Wednesday morning. See ya'll then.

CodyNKR

I know Danny BOOO is right. Especially cos I have a new dessert recipe to try out. Oh well Boone is soon right.

Quote from: ddlewis on September 15, 2015, 02:45:01 PM
Apparently I enjoy suffering because I'm looking forward to 514 miles of butt numbing fun-ness!  :good:

Starting to load up earlier and notice rear tire not looking too good.  That almost made me rethink it, but I ordered one and had it shipped to campground just in case.

Quote from: CodyNKR on September 15, 2015, 02:30:23 PM
NANCY!  BOOOO!

carey

Quoteordered one and had it shipped to campground just in case.

Danny,

I brought plenty of tire tools if you need them.